Robin Williams found dead inside his home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it just me or was that a VERY detailed presser? I've never seen LE detail every little bit of a death like that.

I think they felt if they didn't tell the details, since this is so high profile, rumors would be rampant. So they wanted to make sure the reporters got the truth.

So it sounds like he didn't plan this and that he more than likely did this shortly after his wife went to bed the night before. Rigor starts 3-4 hours after passing and maxis out at 12 hours. If I heard correctly he was in full rigor when found.

I still can't stop being weepy and teary...

Is it just me or was that a VERY detailed presser? I've never seen LE detail every little bit of a death like that.

Neither have I, Kailste....and the reporters were questioning if it was a coincidence his wife came home the same time the ambulance was there. Outrageous.

Oh my goodness, Snoopy, thank you so much for posting this! It was lovely, even if it made me blow a gasket. I loved Robin Williams and especially adored his visits with Dave Letterman.

I hate it that this beautiful person suffered so badly inside. Rest in peace, sweet man, and bless his loved ones.

Steely D actually posted the video, but it reminded me that I'd seen an ad about Crystal being on tonight. :)

These are all great videos. Very telling that even when viewed through saddened eyes and hurting hearts, RW could still make us laugh!!

I've seen comments other places from people who can't understand why the passing of an entertainer has affected so many. When I saw the O/T on another thread that this had happened, I was literally shaken, as in my insides were like jelly. I immediately called my brother who is a huge RW fan, and we commiserated over the loss and laughed over the memories...much in the same way we did when our sister died unexpectedly.

So why RW? Why has his death had this real and deep affect on so many? For me it's because in a way, RW and I "grew up" together, as we are pretty close in age; it's far more than me appreciating his talent...it's the compassion he showed, it's the way he truly loved those he looked up to (just look at the way he looks at Christopher Reeve and Jonathan Winters in stills and videos); but most of all I think it was the fact that with all his great talent...he was a humble human being, grateful for the love others showed him.

After coming off the heels of a very sad suicide case in Oregon, I'm hoping that the media frenzy will bring suicide awareness to the attention of the masses. But I agree with you. It can't be easy on his loved ones at all.

I imagine if they are watching media at all they are watching the tributes and reliving laughs and memories. I hope so anyway.

By Suzy Byrne 32 minutes ago Yahoo Celebrity

97398540-2243-11e4-9744-29ee95ffc45b_Robin-Williams-The-Crazy-Ones.jpg
Officials discussed the death of Robin Williams on Tuesday. (Getty Images)

Robin Williams hanged himself with a belt after his wife had gone to sleep Sunday night.

Those are among the graphic new details to emerge about the death of the 63-year-old entertainer at a press conference Tuesday.
Speaking from prepared notes, Marin Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said that Williams's wife, Susan Schneider, went to bed at 10:30 p.m. on Sunday. Williams later retired in a different bedroom of their home in Tiburon, California, a small town in the San Francisco Bay area.
In the morning, Schneider left the home, thinking Williams was still sleeping. His assistant later came to the house and, concerned about the actor, went into the bedroom and discovered his lifeless body at about 11:45 a.m.Williams died as a result of death by asphyxia, said Boyd. The actor was partially clothed and suspended from a belt that was wedged between a closet door and the door frame. The assistant told officials he was cold to the touch and rigor mortis had begun to set in. The iconic comedian was pronounced dead at 12:02 p.m. Monday.

Williams's wrist also had several acute superficials wounds thought to be from a pocket knife that was found nearby. His body was transported to Napa County Sheriff's Morgue for the autopsy, which took place Tuesday morning.

Boyd would not confirm whether a note was left behind nor would he reveal whether it was Williams's first suicide attempt. He did state that Williams was being treated for depression. And authorities had not been called to the home for previous incidents. more at link: https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/c...ails-of-robin-williams-suicide-181808746.html

It goes to show money doesn't buy happiness.

I respect your views but I have been fighting major depression, borderline personality disorder & bi-polar disorder my whole friggin' life. Do you honestly think "we" want to be like this? I've had 3 suicides in my family the last one being my sister 5 yrs. ago. In order just to survive I take 5 meds. a day and have even undergone ECT treatments. I know exactly where he was coming from. I'm tired of this crap also.

I would not wish mental illness on my worst enemy.

I am sorry we did not know he was in so much pain. He must have felt so alone.

I'm glad they posted some details. I just read an article before coming to the forum, which said he was found sitting at his desk in his chair with a belt about the neck, and I was wondering if that is even possible. Very sad.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...elebrities-mental-illnesses-article-1.1900493

Kato...I know that situations like this can trigger dispair. I urge you to talk to your counselor today, please.

Yes, it was a BIG trigger especially last night since had just overdosed about a month ago. Luckily in Houston we have what is called a psychosocial clubhouse, The Gathering Place, that is run by the Menninger Clinic. Since I am on disability I go every day. 3 mothers started it about 20 yrs. ago so their adult children had a safe & understanding environment to go every day. They offer all kinds of classes. You have to have a referral & diagnosis from a psychiatrist to become a member. Wish I had known about it along time ago. I have been going 2 yrs. now.

I LOVE it because you can be yourself there without any so-called "judgement".

Compiled by Tony Hicks Contra Costa Times Posted: 08/12/2014 12:07:27 PM PDT | Updated: 57 min. ago

Robin Williams had four projects in various stages of production and scheduled for release this year or in 2015 when he died of an apparent suicide Monday in his Tiburon home. According to E! News, Williams will appear in indie comedy "Merry Friggin' Christmas," co-starring Candice Bergen, Clark Duke, Pierce Gagnon, Lauren Graham, Tim Heidecker, Joel McHale, Wendi McLendon-Covey, Oliver Platt and Jeffrey Tambor. Phase 4 Films will reportedly release the movie Nov. 7 in theaters and video on demand.
Williams played Teddy Roosevelt in the sequel"Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb," which finished production in May and comes out Dec. 19, according to Twentieth Century Fox. Williams co-stars with Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Rebel Wilson, Steve Coogan, Ricky Gervais, Skyler Gisondo, Ben Kingsley, and Dan Stevens.
He also starred opposite Bob Odenkirk in director Dito Montiel's movie "Boulevard," which debuted earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival but doesn't have a distribution date yet.
Scheduled for release in 2015, "Absolutely Anything" has Williams voicing the animated Dennis the Dog and co-starring with Kate Beckinsale and Simon Pegg. Williams was also supposed to begin work later this year on a sequel to his 1993 hit "Mrs. Doubtfire."

http://www.contracostatimes.com/news/ci_26322854/robin-williams-could-appear-four-films-after-his

This still hurts and I rarely get emotional over celebs dying.

I heart radio, the website and app, has 24 hours of his comedy on one of their channels called 24/7 Comedy

Yes, it was a BIG trigger especially last night since had just overdosed about a month ago. Luckily in Houston we have what is called a psychosocial clubhouse, The Gathering Place, that is run by the Menninger Clinic. Since I am on disability I go every day. 3 mothers started it about 20 yrs. ago so their adult children had a safe & understanding environment to go every day. They offer all kinds of classes. You have to have a referral & diagnosis from a psychiatrist to become a member. Wish I had known about it along time ago. I have been going 2 yrs. now.

I LOVE it because you can be yourself there without any so-called "judgement".

Sounds like a great place and much needed. We need many more Gathering Places. I'm so glad you have a place where you feel safe and comfortable and able to express yourself to others who understand.

Incredibly sad news.

A sudden death is tragic anyway, but somehow the thought that the condition which may well have contributed to his genius was also probably the cause of he demise is just too sad. The fact that his illness left him unable to know how much he was loved and appreciate how very gifted and special he was is so unfair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps
Back