Ron C. # 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how full the moon was on that night?

Interesting information at the following site regarding the kind of possible charges that could be imposed since TC is a witness in both the crime involving Haleigh AND the current charges against Ron. The following snips give just a quick view... much more detail is outlined at the link below.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0914/SEC22.HTM

snipped:
914.22 Tampering with or harassing a witness, victim, or informant; penalties.--

(1) A person who knowingly uses intimidation or physical force, or threatens another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, or offers pecuniary benefit or gain to another person, with intent to cause or induce any person to:

(a) Withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official investigation or official proceeding;

(2) Tampering with a witness, victim, or informant is a:

(e) Life felony, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, where the official investigation or official proceeding affected involves the investigation or prosecution of a life or capital felony.

No it was around midnight when apparentley someone thought they would not get caught ..:) And next it will be said it was to dark to really see any one the neighbor could be surley mistaken. :)
And you are correct. The neighbor COULD be mistaken if it took place at midnight.

What kind of lighting was there in front of the house? Near the mailbox? Is there a street light? Where was the woman? In her house across the street or next door? Was she out for a midnight stroll? Did she happen to get a tag number?

Did she call LE immediately? If she saw a person she thought to be Ronald putting "something" in a mailbox of a person he just had a physical altercation with...it would be an emergency, imo. Where is the 911 call? Can't wait to hear it!!

I just wanted to mention that the article I read said the rat incident happened 2 days AFTER the battery incident.

Right, and Hank Jr called the police, ratted Ron out, got him arrested (instead of taking a beating like a man), the escalation of these events is not good at all. The criminal code would say you get retaliation later or take it, you don't call the police. It isn't like a third party called the cops, Hank Jr sent them over.

I wonder how full the moon was on that night?

It was almost a full moon...just a few days past the full moon, and the moon rise in FL was early evening and the set was later Sun morning. So it would have been pretty bright. I was up last night in the wee hours looking for the Perseids and the moon was still quite bright. I can't imagine anyone stupid enough to drive an identifiable truck to a location lit up like that at a time on a Saturday night when people are still likely to be awake and pull a stunt like that. The car would have stuck out like a sore thumb. Strange.
Really makes me suspect this story.

And you are correct. The neighbor COULD be mistaken if it took place at midnight.

What kind of lighting was there in front of the house? Near the mailbox? Is there a street light? Where was the woman? In her house across the street or next door? Was she out for a midnight stroll? Did she happen to get a tag number?

Did she call LE immediately? If she saw a person she thought to be Ronald putting "something" in a mailbox of a person he just had a physical altercation with...it would be an emergency, imo. Where is the 911 call? Can't wait to hear it!!

It is a small town, Misty and Ron have probably been at the HJr's place before. According to the article she saw Ron's truck, saw Ron driving, saw Ron put something in the mailbox. Whether she called 911, called Hank, or went back to bed and mentioned it after she found it was a dead rat are all reasonable responses.

If I saw someone putting something in my neighbors mailbox I wouldn't give it two thoughts. My nosy neighbor would be knocking on my door asap.

Well it makes sense to put the dead, headless rat, in the mailbox on Saturday night, because Sunday there is no mail, So do you think the brother found it, or the mail person on Monday delivering mail? Oh that would be so upsetting....

The brother found it Saturday and the neighbor saw Ron in his truck Friday night.

That was pretty quick:

Thursday Night - Ron is arrested for felony assault and burglary

Friday Morning - His grandmother and wife bail Ron out

Friday Night - Ron's BIL's neighbor alleges that he/she saw Ron put something in BIL's mailbox

Saturday Morning/Afternoon - BIL allegedy finds dead, headless rat in the mailbox

Saturday Afternoon/Night - LE interview Ron about dead, headless rat

This isn't one of those posts, I promise, but still I am going to wait a couple of beats to see how it pans out. We have had a couple of instances where things were alleged that later seemed not to have happened and I felt a bit bamboozled. I won't be surprised if this nasty incident really happened, though.

Can you fingerprint a rat?

I don't know about finger printing the rat but do know that they can finger print the inside and outside of the mail box.

I would think they could also collect hair/fibers/DNA off the rat as well. But not sure.

If it is true that RC is the one who did this, I can't imagine what is going on in his head! Also, it doesn't make sense that he'd be able to go 6 months keeping some kind of secret regarding Haleigh's disappearance, then make such a blunder now. It doesn't seem reasonable that he'd risk doing something like this, but wouldn't have "messed up" as far as Haleigh is concerned. I know I'm not getting my point across...

It makes no sense that, if RC knows where Haleigh is, that he'd be able to keep a lid on that but he'd be stupid enough to risk getting caught over a rat in a mailbox..KWIM?

I don't know about finger printing the rat but do know that they can finger print the inside and outside of the mail box.

I would think they could also collect hair/fibers/DNA off the rat as well. But not sure.

Maybe if this was a headless human, they would go to all that trouble and expense, but a dead rat? Me thinks not...:blowkiss:

It is a small town, Misty and Ron have probably been at the HJr's place before. According to the article she saw Ron's truck, saw Ron driving, saw Ron put something in the mailbox. Whether she called 911, called Hank, or went back to bed and mentioned it after she found it was a dead rat are all reasonable responses.

If I saw someone putting something in my neighbors mailbox I wouldn't give it two thoughts. My nosy neighbor would be knocking on my door asap.
BS! The woman obviously knows what is going on here since she lives in the mh park. She didn't know if it was a pipebomb or a dead rat unless she actually saw the rat which I doubt she could make out from a distance. For her not to report it immediately to LE is very suspicious, imo. If it was a pipebomb and she said nothing until the next day...then she ran the risk of someone possibly getting killed if it exploded.

This is a serious case. It isn't a game. A little girl is missing, her father was arrested for supposedly beating up the guy, and now a woman says she saw this whole incident...but didn't think it was important enough to call 911 in the middle of the night?! Not buying it. They didn't question him until the next day which tells me that she did not call LE that night. I think LE would have taken it more seriously and paid him a visit pronto.

If it is true that RC is the one who did this, I can't imagine what is going on in his head! Also, it doesn't make sense that he'd be able to go 6 months keeping some kind of secret regarding Haleigh's disappearance, then make such a blunder now. It doesn't seem reasonable that he'd risk doing something like this, but wouldn't have "messed up" as far as Haleigh is concerned. I know I'm not getting my point across...

It makes no sense that, if RC knows where Haleigh is, that he'd be able to keep a lid on that but he'd be stupid enough to risk getting caught over a rat in a mailbox..KWIM?

Guilt and remorse can eat away at a person over time, and often a special holiday causes people in emotional trauma to "act out" toward themselves or others. Also, additional pressure put on suspected parties by LE can cause them to "make mistakes". It is JMOO that this is exactly what LE has wanted to happen for some time. Let's hope the whole mess leads back to Haleigh and soon!

I wonder if this LE office would go to that trouble?

By the way, I think you all knew what I meant, but I should have asked "can you dust a rat for prints?" rather than create the picture of someone pressing tiny pink rat fingers onto a fingerprint card.

This topic has made me nauseous.

It makes incredible sense if you consider the POSSIBILITY that Hank2 may have some information that Ronald does not want him to reveal and it is a desperate enough situation in Ronald's mind to resort to such tactics in order to ensure Hank2's silence.

You have to admit that the beatdown on Hank2 didn't really keep him quiet. He got away from GGMS's house and called the police, and even in the official report stated he wanted someone to go over there to check on Misty's welfare.

Thanks for the timeline, btw Shaymus....It really helps to see how rapidly this latest allegation happened after the beatdown.

BS! The woman obviously knows what is going on here since she lives in the mh park. She didn't know if it was a pipebomb or a dead rat unless she actually saw the rat which I doubt she could make out from a distance. For her not to report it immediately to LE is very suspicious, imo. If it was a pipebomb and she said nothing until the next day...then she ran the risk of someone possibly getting killed if it exploded.

This is a serious case. It isn't a game. A little girl is missing, her father was arrested for supposedly beating up the guy, and now a woman says she saw this whole incident...but didn't think it was important enough to call 911 in the middle of the night?! Not buying it. They didn't question him until the next day which tells me that she did not call LE that night. I think LE would have taken it more seriously and paid him a visit pronto.

how can you berate a neighbor for not calling LE immediately, for all she new it was a newspaper.....and yet you defend, over and over every indiscretion Ronald has made with a simple poor Ron? Just my opinion

Maybe if this was a headless human, they would go to all that trouble and expense, but a dead rat? Me thinks not...:blowkiss:

I agree Bern that most likely they would not go through the trouble and expense in normal circumstances. But me thinks that the fact that someone is alleging that it was Ron the father of missing Haleigh Cummings that did it, maybe LE will go through the trouble. But it is highly unlikely under normal circumstances, I agree.

P.S.
What reason would this peroson have to stick their neck out and lie about this incident? What would they gain out of it? Makes no sense to me.

I also think that if the person who is claiming they saw Ron do this didn't come forward right away is because they could of thought he was just dropping something off. Regardless of the fighting, families will still go back and forth. They fight, make up fight some more and so on. For Haleigh's sake I pray they can all just get along. This eye witness may not of thought anything about it at the time.

As for the time of night, I don't think it was late at all for that neck of the woods.
As for Ron taking the chance on doing something like this, well if he was on something he would not have any problem in putting a rat in a mailbox, nor will he have any problems messing up in the future. I am not saying he did, I am say "IF" he did and "IF" he is on drugs his state of mind is completely of kilter. JMO

Anything to do with the mailbox is a Federal Crime and dealt with by Federal Prosecutors. We will see if they decide to prosecute or they agree to combine the charges with the assault and burglary charges. Thankfully there is an independent witness who appears willing to risk going forward against Ronald Cummings. Wonder if behavior like this is why Crystal may have thought the call about HaLeigh was a prank? Although I do not view witness intimidation and animal abuse as a prank. It is a crime.

Why do you say they are "independent"? I thought it was a neighbor of the Croslin family?

And interesting she's willing to risk it....makes me think he's not nearly as scary as they are trying to make out.

It may be what she's really willing to risk is "making false statement to police" charges.

Well I am bad neighbor then because I wouldn't have done a thing if I had seen it. And had he been dropping off a letter from Misty to her family and the neighbor called the cops you guys would be screaming that poor Ron can't do anything and it is so unfair, he was just trying to be a knight in shining armor to his child bride.

There is no middle ground here for too many people. I have had criticism for the Croslin's too, the belief that the world is out to get walking-on-water-Ron is a bit too black and white for me. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB