Ron. C. #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem is that everyone has done and is doing stuff that just looks "off" under the circumstances but much of it may have more to do with the life these families live rather than with the crime that was committed.

Hey, good point! Which very well could explain a lot about the lifestyles of the principals in this case. Maybe making excuses is an everyday exsistence for them all.

Almost from the start of this case, rumors abounded that Ron was on drugs, selling drugs, buying drugs, robbing drug dealers, then the Geraldo "questioning" and also Hank Sr. claiming that Ron was trying to kill him by giving him bad drugs, you name it, drugs became the common denominator and soon thereafter, the attorney came out with his statement about Ron's prescription drugs.

It would appear to me as this case has progressed since Feb. drugs are a home-based business in this area of Florida. JMHO

This is why I remain suspicious of Ron--NO rumors involved :) Why would you NOT do everything within your capability to cooperate with LE?

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-08-09/story/haleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later

Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators.

“Besides ‘No I didn’t have nothing to do with my child being missing,’ what do you say?” he asked.

Maj. Gary Bowling, director of law enforcement for the department, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted.

It would appear to me as this case has progressed since Feb. drugs are a home-based business in this area of Florida. JMHO

I wish I could find the very informative article one of our posters put out documenting the drug problems in this area of Florida. Florida definitely doesn't have a monopoly on it by any means but there is definitely a major problem with unemployment and the drug selling business has gone wild. Prescription drugs are a high commodity and sell very easily on the streets. There have been several prescription drug busts here where I live this year.

Almost from the start of this case, rumors abounded that Ron was on drugs, selling drugs, buying drugs, robbing drug dealers, then the Geraldo "questioning" and also Hank Sr. claiming that Ron was trying to kill him by giving him bad drugs, you name it, drugs became the common denominator and soon thereafter, the attorney came out with his statement about Ron's prescription drugs.

Almost like that press release from his then-attorney saying he took rx meds for accidental injuries was a preemptive strike...thought that was one of the oddest pieces of information released..IMO...

Because we read the part about Jr not being there. Is there an article where Ronald explained where he and Jr went for Thanksgiving together that contradicts the other articles?

Novice Seeker

I never read anything about Junior not spending the Thanksgiving holiday with his father. I don't need to read a bulletin about where Junior was or who he dined with. I believe that he was with his father because while adults can choose who's house they will be dining at, children are usually with their parents. You can believe what you want and if you don't think Junior was with Ronald so be it.

I never read anything about Junior not spending the Thanksgiving holiday with his father. I don't need to read a bulletin about where Junior was or who he dined with. I believe that he was with his father because while adults can choose who's house they will be dining at, children are usually with their parents. You can believe what you want and if you don't think Junior was with Ronald so be it.

Elle1919: What does it really matter whether Jr. was with his father on Thanksgiving Day? What matters is he wasn't at "home". "Home" in my family is where the family is. Where your support system is and where everyone else in the family can come to you, especially on the holiday. I don't fault RC for finding something different to do on Thanksgiving. After my parents died, our family split on purpose on the holidays to be doing something "else" and therefore the memories were not the focus. I get that but this is supposedly a living Haleigh they're waiting for yet, no one is home should she be released. That's what sends my antennae up. How would they (whoever has her......allegedly) know where to even drop her off and if they did.......where's Daddy?

Elle1919: What does it really matter whether Jr. was with his father on Thanksgiving Day? What matters is he wasn't at "home". "Home" in my family is where the family is. Where your support system is and where everyone else in the family can come to you, especially on the holiday. I don't fault RC for finding something different to do on Thanksgiving. After my parents died, our family split on purpose on the holidays to be doing something "else" and therefore the memories were not the focus. I get that but this is supposedly a living Haleigh they're waiting for yet, no one is home should she be released. That's what sends my antennae up. How would they (whoever has her......allegedly) know where to even drop her off and if they did.......where's Daddy?

I was responding to NS who quoted my post a page back, I haven't signed on in a bit to reply, but I still didn't want to be rude if someone asked me a question : )

Do you really think someone is going to drive up with Haleigh and look for a place to drop her off? I certainly don't.

I was responding to NS who quoted my post a page back, I haven't signed on in a bit to reply, but I still didn't want to be rude if someone asked me a question : )

Do you really think someone is going to drive up with Haleigh and look for a place to drop her off? I certainly don't.

I understand about the post.

Nope............I don't think anyone is going to drive up with Haleigh and you don't.......but this family is professing that they believe wholeheartedly that Haleigh is still with us on this earth. My family knew our parents weren't going to be with us on that or any future holidays so we tried to blur the pain of that by doing other than traditional things.

That's precisely why the Thanksgiving Day plans of this family don't make any sense to me and it's the first Thanksgiving Day since her disappearance!

Ron would like nothing better than this to be forgotten.....so he can move on to the next thing in his life.....nothing like a good pole hugger for the little man.....heck he can be the guy to polish that pole and count her tips....urrrr.....donations to Ron C keep me home fund

I doubt he ever drove a crane....forklift would be more like it. This guy likes to toot his own horn and he doesn't know the notes very well.

I doubt he ever drove a crane....forklift would be more like it. This guy likes to toot his own horn and he doesn't know the notes very well.

In their one and only news article where their spokesperson was quoted, PDM offered that he was a crane operator. They did not explain, expound, or anything else.

I know Debs...I remember that piece. I read that article and I don't think that was the spokesman talking any longer. I believe it was the reporter throwing that info in to the article. the spokesman had stopped the interview immediately before that sentence, imo.

I know Debs...I remember that piece. I read that article and I don't think that was the spokesman talking any longer. I believe it was the reporter throwing that info in to the article. the spokesman had stopped the interview immediately before that sentence, imo.

I never looked at it that way, Whisp! I'll have to dig around for it again.

In their one and only news article where their spokesperson was quoted, PDM offered that he was a crane operator. They did not explain, expound, or anything else.

The article stated that he was a "rolling crane" operator.

Cummings operated a rolling crane at the plant north of Palatka. He was not a longtime employee.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-04-15/story/haleighs_father_loses_his_job

A "rolling crane" is an overhead lifting mechanism mounted on steel beams to allow travel only on the path of the beams. It's movements are limited to up, down, left, right, forward and reverse. The image below shows a rolling crane at PDM.

PDMJIB-1.jpg

It's control device would be similar to the one below with considerably fewer buttons that a TV remote.

TITANTx-large-1-1.jpg

Thanks, Papa.......Whisperer is right. That isn't a quote out of the mouth of the PDM rep......it was journalistic addition.

Just an observation, my job has taken me into steel mills and tubing houses, those cranes would need training to operate, while simple to push buttons those things tend to roll to stops , which means there is a learning curve involved, if not you stand the chance of putting a load through the truck or railroad car.....or worse taking it to the end stop and de railing it......so again a guess if he was there less than a month he had someone training him

does anybody have a list of where Ron has worked before PDM..... besides odd jobs

We need to do a profile of Ron....education, work, relations...and see what we get

Just an observation, my job has taken me into steel mills and tubing houses, those cranes would need training to operate, while simple to push buttons those things tend to roll to stops , which means there is a learning curve involved, if not you stand the chance of putting a load through the truck or railroad car.....or worse taking it to the end stop and de railing it......so again a guess if he was there less than a month he had someone training him

ITA, the operator would still be required to be trained on operation of the equipment and deemed qualified. A company wouldn't just turn this equipment over to some green horn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required