Ron C. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atherella, Since you stated in the Crystal thread that Ron had submitted to several drug tests while working at PDM, I was wondering if perhaps you had a link to that info? I have heard differing info (which is rumor, so not posted here) but I'm sure since you posted, you know this to be a fact? that Ron took and passed several drug tests, that is? TIA!

We've been told that people who work at PDM are subject to random drug testing. I do not have the links handy at the moment, and I'm not going looking tonight. It is posted in some the threads somewhere.

In the beginning days after HaLeigh went missing, we had people calling and emailing PDM like crazy. This is what they were told. I also believe that someone has a relative who works at PDM and was told this same thing. Like I said, I'm not feeling well and not going digging through all the old threads for this info tonight.

That said, had Ron failed a drug test (when applying) - he would not have been hired. Had Ron failed a random drug test - being a crane operator - he'd have gotten fired, don't you think?

Feel free to disagree. ;)

Wonder if someone actually has a copy from the lab of the certified test?

In violation of HIPAA laws? I don't think so.

Art Haris said he was going to release Crystal's "clean" tests and he never did. Should we infer from that that Crystal has no clean drug test, or should we infer that HIPAA laws are in place for a reason?

Art Haris said he was going to release Crystal's "clean" tests and he never did. Should we infer from that that Crystal has no clean drug test, or should we infer that HIPAA laws are in place for a reason?

This actually makes sense. If RC was struggling to stay off drugs and yet MC was deep into the drug and sex culture, following her 3 day binge at the very least, I can see why RC was driving like a bat out of hell, with Haleigh in the car, the next morning. Unfortunately, it only makes me fear for her more.

Every place I've ever worked has had drug testing on hire and randomly thereafter.

Do you know how often people got tested after the initial test at hire? NEVER.

Not because it wasn't a job that required absolute sobriety, but because policies are put into place by organizations for liability purposes--and then are rarely utilized.

Do you really think people don't show up---in all walks of life, to all jobs, in all occupations--impaired?

If so, you are very, very mistaken. Crane operators are no different from any other segment of society--some are addicts, some are drunks, some are stone cold sober.

Let's not pretend that Ronald Cummings falls into the latter category. He's appeared on television, since Haleigh's disappearance, impaired. Our sources may not always be accurate, but most of us can use our own two eyes and own two ears to evaluate someone's sobriety or lack thereof.

And sure, we can deny it, too, if admitting it is too painful for one reason or another.

I personally think it's high time to buck up and acknowledge some of this man's problems and flaws so that (a) they can be dealt with and (b) he can perhaps achieve a state in which he's more likely to make amends for his actions and reveal what he's done with his daughter.

What I infer is that none of us has any way of knowing, with the certitude you claim, that RC has passed any drug test.

Thanks. I was just confused. I heard we had to have links to facts only here. That's why I was looking for the test or the link to it. I do understand though. It is hard for me to find a link for every statement I make when I am so often asked.

We've been told that people who work at PDM are subject to random drug testing. I do not have the links handy at the moment, and I'm not going looking tonight. It is posted in some the threads somewhere.

In the beginning days after HaLeigh went missing, we had people calling and emailing PDM like crazy. This is what they were told. I also believe that someone has a relative who works at PDM and was told this same thing. Like I said, I'm not feeling well and not going digging through all the old threads for this info tonight.

That said, had Ron failed a drug test (when applying) - he would not have been hired. Had Ron failed a random drug test - being a crane operator - he'd have gotten fired, don't you think?

Feel free to disagree. ;)

Yay..but see the problem with that is we've been told by some locals and as you said relatives that PDM does not always test also, so I was classifying all that as rumor and not to be posted here. I may have misunderstood your post, as it read that Ron had taken SEVERAL drug test and stated as fact. I don't believe we have any link that states that AFAIK, so no need to waste time. ;) Thanks anyway though! :)

Me too...and as I stated I have heard differently in regards to PDM even giving drug test. Since these threads are fact only, I am anxiously awaiting the results. Don't know how I missed them stilettos.

A poster said they do. He said his nephew was fired from there for failing his.

Every place I've ever worked has had drug testing on hire and randomly thereafter.

Do you know how often people got tested after the initial test at hire? NEVER.

(Snipped)

Perhaps you don't remember, but a poster here's nephew (I believe it was his nephew) failed a random drug test at PDM and got fired.

That should be enough to tell you that PDM does do random testing after the initial drug screen upon hiring.

ETA -- I see Vol had the exact same memory I have. :)

A poster said they do. He said his nephew was fired from there for failing his.

Hi..I understand what you are saying, but that is STILL hearsay aka rumor. We can't take what a posters nephew said as fact, can we? Even IF we had a poster that said they had a nephew that worked at PDM and that nephew said that he was fired for not passing a drug test.....How do we know that as fact? Just sayin...........

Lets stick with facts, not hearsay.

To my knowledge no documentation has been realeased regarding employment drug tests one way or the other.

Lets move on.

(Snipped)

Perhaps you don't remember, but a poster here's nephew (I believe it was his nephew) failed a random drug test at PDM and got fired.

That should be enough to tell you that PDM does do random testing after the initial drug screen upon hiring.

As most plants do have a random drug testing policy, especially on initial hire screening. So anyone seeking to be hired, don't be dirty.

Now random means exactly that, random and depending on company policy maybe a dozen at a time. It might take two years or more to test everyone at a plant randomly.

The other type of testing is if they suspect a employee of using they may call for a test.

I doubt after not even 90 days employment RC was ever tested again. Just like you I wasn't there but I highly doubt after the initial hire he was tested again.

Do we know if Ron's co workers were looked into? I only ask because some people are looking for RSO, but lots of SO aren't caught yet and go undetected until they are caught. With that said, several people at work said they knew Misty called and heard conversations between them, maybe someone at the plant took advantage of him working at night, knew Misty's situation and stopped by. They could have worked a day shift or called off that night. I only bring this up because most of the times the victim knew the perp. It is usually someone that flies under the radar and knows the person's routine or situation. It is a small town.

Do we know if Ron's co workers were looked into? I only ask because some people are looking for RSO, but lots of SO aren't caught yet and go undetected until they are caught. With that said, several people at work said they knew Misty called and heard conversations between them, maybe someone at the plant took advantage of him working at night, knew Misty's situation and stopped by. They could have worked a day shift or called off that night. I only bring this up because most of the times the victim knew the perp. It is usually someone that flies under the radar and knows the person's routine or situation. It is a small town.

Good thought Bern!! which brings me to ask this question. Do we know if there were any searches done at PDM? (ie: the dumpsters, canals, lakes, if any are around the area)

(Snipped)

Right. But "random" is just that. People can work in places with random testing for decades, and never be the guy who gets tested. Do we know that Ron ever was tested? We really don't have any evidence of that--all we know is PDM's policy.

Good thought Bern!! which brings me to ask this question. Do we know if there were any searches done at PDM? (ie: the dumpsters, canals, lakes, if any are around the area)

I looked up PDM on Sunbiz.org. It is a big company, 3 branches, one in WI and I think TX, and here in FL. I saw an ad they are hiring too. Ron could have had a good job there, too bad for him. Do we know where he worked before? If I go with the assumption that is a stranger of friend abduction; usually they know the person in some way or are connected.

Hey Bern, he was doing odd jobs for a neighbor before he started at PDM in Oct-Nov (I think of 2008). He had just started a construction job (I believe) when he was granted custody in 2005-6 (health benenfits had not kicked in yet on that job). Per the custody docs, he had a job in Mexico for ~ 2 weeks earlier that Fall. IIRC, he has periodically worked for his Aunt Katrina's landscaping company. There you go, I'm sure others can fill in the blanks. Good question, imo. Some of my best friends were made at work.

The bigger the company, the smaller the chances of getting pulled for a random. I've worked for the same company for over 11 years. NEVER was tested in the first 6 years. Seems like I've gotten pulled every time in the last 5 years (not really, it just seems that way). Most companies have a certain percentage of people to have randoms. There are ways around that too, IF you are tipped off you just call in sick! That would be easy to do since they are running multiple shifts. Say they pull them in the a.m. If you've got a friend, they can let you know and you call in. Happens more than you know!

I looked up PDM on Sunbiz.org. It is a big company, 3 branches, one in WI and I think TX, and here in FL. I saw an ad they are hiring too. Ron could have had a good job there, too bad for him. Do we know where he worked before? If I go with the assumption that is a stranger of friend abduction; usually they know the person in some way or are connected.

Bumping Bern's post to see if anyone can help with work locations and/or work associates...

Hey Bern, he was doing odd jobs for a neighbor before he started at PDM in Oct-Nov (I think of 2008). He had just started a construction job (I believe) when he was granted custody in 2005-6 (health benenfits had not kicked in yet on that job). Per the custody docs, he had a job in Mexico for ~ 2 weeks earlier that Fall. IIRC, he has periodically worked for his Aunt Katrina's landscaping company. There you go, I'm sure others can fill in the blanks. Good question, imo. Some of my best friends were made at work.

So, RC had a job in Mexico? I thought he planned a trip to Mexico because he was working in Texas. IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher