Ron C. #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is interesting when Maj. Bowling is talking about suspects.

Bowling said it takes rock-solid alibis before detectives can eliminate anyone and those have not been established. He said the best that can be done is assign degrees of suspicion to people.

“Where is the responsibility in saying somebody is not a suspect?” he said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...aleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later

Well, whether he likes it or not, RC should talk to LE at every opportunity, even if his answer is "I don't know what happened to my daughter". I know I would be at the disposal of LE at any time, any place that they wanted me. Further, I would be making contact everyday to find out what if anything has been learned during the investigation.

Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators.

Maj. Gary Bowling, director of law enforcement, said detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...6_months_later

Wow. Hard to fathom that a father, allegedy desperate to find his child, would not fully cooperate, until the child is found, with the LE department investigating the disappearance of that child. IMO, this is very bad news for Haleigh. :mad:

Well, I can't for the life of me figure out how LE can fully investigate a missing child without getting personal with the little girl's father and his girlfriend, and the girlfriend was the last adult to see Haleigh (in Misty's words). I would think that LE would have to get very personal in order to understand "the big picture". :waitasec:

I think it is interesting when Maj. Bowling is talking about suspects.

Bowling said it takes rock-solid alibis before detectives can eliminate anyone and those have not been established. He said the best that can be done is assign degrees of suspicion to people.

“Where is the responsibility in saying somebody is not a suspect?” he said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...aleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later

I agree, I find it very intriguing. From the way I understood the article the Sheffield - Griffis have been cooperative and even invite LE to question them as needed. I see that as a positive note. Nothing to hide, no reason to hide.

The fact that Bowling said it takes rock-solid alibis before detectives can eliminate anyone and those have not been established. And then states that detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted. Tells me that is the gap that they need to move forward and if Cummings is not a POI then they can move forward but until then this case will just sit on someone's desk "IMO". And that is really sad because it has been 6 months and there is no reason for anyone to avoid speaking with LE, especially the family. Unless there is something to hide. Look at the stats of the parents that cooperate with LE and the ones that don't. That should be a sign "IMO". I pray that Haleigh is alive, but that hope keeps diminishing by the day.

Well, whether he likes it or not, RC should talk to LE at every opportunity, even if his answer is "I don't know what happened to my daughter". I know I would be at the disposal of LE at any time, any place that they wanted me. Further, I would be making contact everyday to find out what if anything has been learned during the investigation.
I wouldn't if they were going after me as a possible suspect after trying my best to cooperate in the first few weeks. It would be stupid for me to allow them to try and build a case against me with my help. Even innocent people need to protect themselves from LE at times when it is known they are throwing you under the bus.

I agree 100%! He is not even working, so what is holding him back from talking with LE? There just is no excuse what so ever.

Law Enforcement... they are not your enemy... when you start acting like they are, you become your own enemy. Ron owes it to Haleigh to be transparent... to be an open book... I am disappointed to find out that it is very true that him and Misty cut off contact with LE. I hope he changes that and comes back into alignment with LE...

I don't know who originally posted this because it didn't have a name in the quote, but Ronald is exactly right. He is also right in not allowing them to question him further. They have everything they need without more input from him after so many interviews and to keep allowing himself to be dragged in at the drop of a hat is serving no purpose other than to assist them in trying to pin it on either himself or Misty. It is doing nothing to find Haleigh. IMO, they are on the wrong track and headed the wrong direction from the beginning. They have come up empty handed after six months. There is no disputing it since Haleigh has not been found and no one has been arrested.

Ronald is quite accurate with his descriptions of the way this investigation has been handled. They have been barking up the wrong darn tree for six months and are continuing to do so, imo. It is why they are now looking at a cold case file sitting on the back shelf very soon.

BBM

LE has stated they they have interviewed at least 100 people concerning this case, and all family members several times.
That doesn't sound like tunnel vision to me.

Ron also stated within the first 30 days that he was satisfied with and appreciative of LE for all they were doing to find Haleigh.

The conflict imo, began when he got on his knee to the last person who saw Haleigh and ask her to marry him, and then did within a week of that.
Then got on national tv, with his bride, and saying nothing but I wasn't there, so I don't know, when his bride is asked why she was being inconsistent with LE with the response of "I don't know."

LE has reason to narrow it down to Ron and Misty. This behavior was shocking to everyone, including LE.

Right after that he lawyered up and shut up.
Recently his attorney closed their relationship with him, and he has apparently forgotten their advice, which imo, is a good thing.

Sooner or later, Haleigh will get the justice she deserves.
moo

ETA; I wouldn't want LE breathing down my neck either, so I understand his reluctance, however, his daughter is still missing, and he imo, should be more concerned about her than his own comfort. moo

He said that they gave interviews in February and March, and that he cut off interviews with them. That is pretty definitive that he hasn't met with them since then, as we know that it was clear back then that LE started making statements that they were trying to meet with him and nothing had been arranged by his attorneys.

So, Ron cooperated with LE for a full month following Haleigh's disappearance. Hopefully, LE has learned more information from the initial investigation and additional interviews and testing of evidence. So why can't Ron be agreeable to answering any lingering questions that LE may have. An investigation is ongoing, it just doesn't stop after a month following the Disappearance of Haleigh. This is totally ridiculous for a father to decide that he is not going to cooperate with LE. Absolutely no excuse for this unless he is beginning to feel real uncomfortable with the questions. There may be evidence now that LE did not have back then during the original interviews. Ron is the one who has put himself into the limelight, tattoos, marriages with underage minor, fights with the new relatives, talking about someone getting personal with his business well.............:razz:

LE has not said much about anyone or the case. The fact remains that his daughter is missing and he should not care what anyone says. His only concern should be to help find his daughter and if that means sitting in LE's office 24/7 so be it. Haleigh is what matters, not Ron, Misty, or anyone right now. Only Haleigh and of course JR.'s safety as well. It is very sad that this father has isolated from the only people that have the best chance of finding his daughter and that is LE. There is no excuse. But that is just my opinion, and I respect yours as well.

I respect your opinion on this. However, if RC thought sitting in LE's office 24 hours a day was going to help find Haleigh, I think he'd do that. But, sadly I can see why he'd form the view that sitting there 24 hours a day was not going to help find her. He was interviewed for many many hours when she first went missing, then it turned into accusations on Geraldo & NG about abusing Haleigh etc and I can understand why he'd want to withdraw from that, as it did nothing to help find Haleigh, only took the focus off what was really important, and that is "where is Haleigh?"

I agree, I find it very intriguing. From the way I understood the article the Sheffield - Griffis have been cooperative and even invite LE to question them as needed. I see that as a positive note. Nothing to hide, no reason to hide.
The fact that Bowling said it takes rock-solid alibis before detectives can eliminate anyone and those have not been established. And then states that detectives would like to interview Cummings again but have been resisted. Tells me that is the gap that they need to move forward and if Cummings is not a POI then they can move forward but until then this case will just sit on someone's desk "IMO". And that is really sad because it has been 6 months and there is no reason for anyone to avoid speaking with LE, especially the family. Unless there is something to hide. Look at the stats of the parents that cooperate with LE and the ones that don't. That should be a sign "IMO". I pray that Haleigh is alive, but that hope keeps diminishing by the day.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Perpetrators have been known to become involved "helping LE" before....it doesn't mean they necessarily weren't involved....some "help" LE only to help themselves.

It is public statements like that one that are probably causing RC & Misty to not want to co-operate. LE can't solve the crime, so keep trying to make out it is RC & Misty's fault....IMO, that may just be an excuse for their own incompetence and errors in the investigation, and I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if my child was missing, I wasn't responsible, and LE was making public statements like that. Perhaps when they get on the "right track" RC might assist them again.

Law Enforcement... they are not your enemy... when you start acting like they are, you become your own enemy. Ron owes it to Haleigh to be transparent... to be an open book... I am disappointed to find out that it is very true that him and Misty cut off contact with LE. I hope he changes that and comes back into alignment with LE...

If only it was that simple. Sadly LE have sought and obtained convictions against more than one innocent person in the past, some even went to death row. Getting himself charged with her disappearance, knowing he is not responsible, could not possibly help the case at all. When that happens, they often don't find the true perpetrator for decades later.

I wouldn't if they were going after me as a possible suspect after trying my best to cooperate in the first few weeks. It would be stupid for me to allow them to try and build a case against me with my help. Even innocent people need to protect themselves from LE at times when it is known they are throwing you under the bus.

It appears that LE have open questions that they need to talk with Ron and Misty about. How on earth could a father of a missing little girl (without anything to hide, according to him) should make a statement sounding like it LE should question everyone as long as they don't question him or his bride? It looks like an extreme case of arrogance to me that he would even think that he could have this option when his "heart" is missing. Totally unacceptable to me.

Tension between Cummings, Sheffield and their families has hummed like high-voltage background noise since the beginning of the case.

Sheffield’s mother, Marie Griffis, said law enforcement authorities have asked the two families not to have contact beyond the exchanges of Ronald Jr.

“I feel like that maybe if the families could speak with each other and put differences aside that maybe it would help the case, but there is too much going on down there and it is being pushed our way to blame us for what happened in Putnam County,” Griffis said from her home outside Sanderson where Sheffield also lives.

The reason LE asked them not to have contact, IMO, is because it never ends well for anyone. How many times has LE had to intervene between them about Rj already? I can understand why LE would want them to stay as far away as possible from one another after everything that has happened between the two families in public!

Marie's comment is astounding to me. She is the one who started the mess in the first place with her wrath against Ronald! WTH?! Now when it isn't possible for them TO come together...she is all for it! LOL

It appears that LE have open questions that they need to talk with Ron and Misty about. How on earth could a father of a missing little girl (without anything to hide, according to him) should make a statement sounding like it LE should question everyone as long as they don't question him or his bride? It looks like an extreme case of arrogance to me that he would even think that he could have this option when his "heart" is missing. Totally unacceptable to me.

What makes you think LE have other suspects in mind and want to talk to RC about those other leads??? It seems to me they are trying to put the blame on RC, particularly given their public statements. He's already done a lie detector. If he knew anything that could help find Haleigh I'm sure he'd tell them about it, but whillst they continue to make public statements like they are, IMO they are not helping the investigation at all....why would he want to tallk to them when they are trying to pin it on him and/or his wife??? I would only talk to LE if I believed they were looking for my daughter, not if they were trying to use my actions as a scapegoat for their incompetence.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Perpetrators have been known to become involved "helping LE" before....it doesn't mean they necessarily weren't involved....some "help" LE only to help themselves.

It is public statements like that one that are probably causing RC & Misty to not want to co-operate. LE can't solve the crime, so keep trying to make out it is RC & Misty's fault....IMO, that may just be an excuse for their own incompetence and errors in the investigation, and I certainly wouldn't appreciate it if my child was missing, I wasn't responsible, and LE was making public statements like that. Perhaps when they get on the "right track" RC might assist them again.

Aren't there different people in charge of this case now? I'm sure that they most likely have their own questions and opinions about what needs to be cleared up. It appears that Ron does not care if he is an obstacle or not. I think that Ron has a problem with anyone questioning him or his actions. He needs to man up and be a father and stop thinking about his own butt. He needs to take a few lessons from Marc Klaus. Who is it that he thinks LE has not questioned? Why doesn't he give LE a clue as to who he thinks hasn't already been questioned?

Tension between Cummings, Sheffield and their families has hummed like high-voltage background noise since the beginning of the case.

Sheffield’s mother, Marie Griffis, said law enforcement authorities have asked the two families not to have contact beyond the exchanges of Ronald Jr.

“I feel like that maybe if the families could speak with each other and put differences aside that maybe it would help the case, but there is too much going on down there and it is being pushed our way to blame us for what happened in Putnam County,” Griffis said from her home outside Sanderson where Sheffield also lives.

The reason LE asked them not to have contact, IMO, is because it never ends well for anyone. How many times has LE had to intervene between them about Rj already? I can understand why LE would want them to stay as far away as possible from one another after everything that has happened between the two families in public!

Marie's comment is astounding to me. She is the one who started the mess in the first place with her wrath against Ronald! WTH?! Now when it isn't possible for them TO come together...she is all for it! LOL

ITA re Marie. I also find it very interesting that she says "and it is being pushed our way to blame us for what happened in Putnam County". Are LE now treating her and her family members as suspects? If not, what are they blaming them for?

Crystal & Marie repeatedly made horrific allegations against RC on national tv, at a time when he had just lost his daughter. What is Marie on about???

He didn't say he did not want to be questioned in the beginning. He willingly worked with LE as did Misty. Repeatedly going in for questioning anytime they wanted to speak with them, taking LDTs, and they did everything asked of them by LE without hesitation. What he is referring to, imo, is the lack of investigation of others during that time (plus now) and with that level of intensity. It is not, imo, an "extreme case of arrogance" for him to want LE to focus on other people where they may find answers and find Haleigh when he knows he is innocent. It is perfectly understandable he would expect LE to be looking at EVERYONE as well as himself and Misty. I would expect the same thing if it were my daughter and I knew I had done nothing wrong!!

Over 100 interviews don't mean much to me in view of all the accusations being thrown towards Ronald and Misty from the Sheffield/Griffis clan et al. How many of those interviews directly pertained to finding Haleigh and looking for a suspect other than Ronald and Misty?!

Imo, Ron took his eyes off his daughter, and put them on Misty, and he's had trouble with LE ever since.

If, he would take his eyes off Misty and put them back on his daughter, perhaps his attitude with LE would change.

He stated, "what else can I say but I didn't do anything to my daughter, and I don't know where she is?"
Well, imo, you can go back minute by minute and think about anyone or anything unusual that happened before she went missing, including Misty's behavior, yep even six months prior to Haleigh's disappearance.

What happened 7 years ago, that LE wants to talk about?
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members