Ron C.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And if I am not mistaken, anytime that someone is hurt on the job, they are drug tested before they can collect workman's comp. I only put this up because it's a big deterrent for a lot of people, knowing that they would be completely without an income if they get injured and drop dirty.

And if I am not mistaken, anytime that someone is hurt on the job, they are drug tested before they can collect workman's comp. I only put this up because it's a big deterrent for a lot of people, knowing that they would be completely without an income if they get injured and drop dirty.

pardon my stupidity....but what is drop dirty? drug test dirty? lol

You're right. Usually you have a pre-hiring drug test, and drug tests if you have an accident at work. But while construction companies can do random tests, a lot of companies don't because of the cost. My ex was an electrician in the construction trade and from what I saw there was a LOT of drug use by the other workers, especially the heavy-equipment operators.

I've heard of ridin' dirty but had't heard drop dirty. See we are learning new information here everyday!!! LOL

In the Army, when you fail a drug test, some say you popped hot.
Just thought I'd add to your education. :crazy:

In the Army, when you fail a drug test, some say you popped hot.
Just thought I'd add to your education. :crazy:

off topic:
LOL! I hadn't heard that. The other day my husband had to stay at work for two extra hours while the drug dogs searched the barracks. They wouldn't let anybody leave. They didn't find anything my husbands unit. :dance: LOL

Yes. Or your test came up hot.

I had heard that before, "came up hot". :D

On Topic: I wish we'd hear something new about Haleigh and/or the case!

I don't see anyone being thrown "under a bus" . . . I believe both families are sincerely wanting to know what happened to Haleigh, and since there is strife between them, IMHO they manage it better than what other families might. I know it would be WAR if between my sister's babies daddy family & my family in the same scenario.

It is very hinky that Jr told CS about the man in black . . . and she relayed this to the MEDIA

You're right. Usually you have a pre-hiring drug test, and drug tests if you have an accident at work. But while construction companies can do random tests, a lot of companies don't because of the cost. My ex was an electrician in the construction trade and from what I saw there was a LOT of drug use by the other workers, especially the heavy-equipment operators.

Yea, but with the number of crane accidents in the last couple of years resulting in innocents deaths, I bet they are have ramped up the testing. Not only because of the loss of multi million dollar cranes but having to pay out to families compensation for the death of their loved ones and also having to pay for whatever was torn up when the crane fell on it. Also, this company he worked for builds bridges which are gov't contracts, I betcha they drug test the hell out of those workers.

Just a little bit of info on random drug testing on jobsites...

I know of two companies that do random drug tests/screens...however, from experience I can tell you that the ones who used were never pulled in for testing! They pretty much only tested the ones they knew would come up clean because if someone came up dirty, they had to let them go until they went through a rehab program. They did this because they didn't want to lose the employee for that since they were good employees and didn't suspect/think that they were using on the job.

Not that I agree with this practice nor am I saying that this happens in every business/company but I do know it happens!

I still feel as if RC knows more than what he is saying. I do not think that RC's drug use had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but believe that he had a hand in it! Nothing seems to add up to me (this case is a mess). I even tried to stay away from these threads for a few days just to clear my mind and try to make some sense of it and I just can't!

pardon my ignorance here, but did Ron actually operate a crane? I can't imagine in such a small town that a crane would be running throughout the night, from 3 pm to 3 am? What kind of work would that be for? I've never heard of a night shift for crane operators. I have a huge building going up right outside and nobody works at night.

I also wanted to point out that if in fact Ron was a crane operator I highly doubt he was doing any drugs at the time. Its federal related when license is involved and you cant drive a crane without one. Your also ramdomly selected to take drug test. And if possible drugs were on your record they would test you alot more often then others. So I personally dont think Ron was doing them as of lately anyway:)

My BIL has a CDL with the Hazmat and other special endorsements that are under the same federal drug testing guidelines. They spring random tests on these guys quite often. My BIL when younger was much like RC then grew up after having had kids. In fact he even divorced and as well has custody of my niece and nephew. In any case I don't think Ron has been using for some time other than maybe some marijuana. My BIl says that the newer testing that they have is so sensitive that it picks up where it used to miss and that also the so-called urine cleaners etc. other products are often 98% detectable, and he's had 3 co-workers caught by thinking they were safe after using such a product. Just goes to show people that technology is a catching up to their games and stuff! I am glad!!!

I trylu in my heart do not think that Ron has anything to do with the disappearance of his baby girl!

pardon my ignorance here, but did Ron actually operate a crane? I can't imagine in such a small town that a crane would be running throughout the night, from 3 pm to 3 am? What kind of work would that be for? I've never heard of a night shift for crane operators. I have a huge building going up right outside and nobody works at night.

It's a large company in Palatka, their main headquarters is in Wisc. Most of the making of the bridge is done at the yard and pieces trucked out to the bridge site where they put it together. It seems they build metal bridges so I imagine the yard is open 24/7

http://www.pdmbridge.com/index.cfm?event=DisplayContentPieceById&contentPieceId=448

It's a large company in Palatka, their main headquarters is in Wisc. Most of the making of the bridge is done at the yard and pieces trucked out to the bridge site where they put it together. It seems they build metal bridges so I imagine the yard is open 24/7

http://www.pdmbridge.com/index.cfm?event=DisplayContentPieceById&contentPieceId=448

Most of the bridges and overpasses resemble pics 9 & 10 on that website and believe me if you have been to FL you know that road construction is everywhere here so I can definitely see it being a 24/7 operation. Plus most work on existing roadways is done at night to minimize traffic delays.

I've been just DYING to post this little tidbit since I read it, but haven't been able due to some computer problems...

Oh hi! By the way.. new to the board!

There's some talk on another true crime blog about Misty being gone off on a 3-day bender with Ron's uncle, by people that were involved in the search and live in the neighborhood. No indication what the uncle's name is, but there's some speculation that she's been having an affair with him.

I believe what happened is she propped that door open, with the light on, so that he could come in the back door without being seen from the front (and have light to see by), then they got high. He waited til she passed out and then swept off with the little girl! Just my speculation... but just throwing another idea out there!

Great to be here!

GumShu

Welcome to WS, ACGumShu~ (Like the name!) We heard that rumor, but so far can't substantiate it. Hard to do when no one is really giving us any facts from LE tho.

Thanks!!

Yes, I wish we could get more confirmation somehow on what's going on. It's really hard because we're not there, so we have to kind of speculate on everything and hardly get any info from LE! I think everyone's managing quite well despite LE though! I have seen some really awesome and well-thought out angles on this since reading this board! wow... you guys are SMART!!!

I thought it was a little ridiculous for them to be spouting that they passed the lie detectors because, logically, it doesn't seem that LE would tell them they did or did not pass. They want them to remain open to lines of communcation, and this would be hard if LE said they didn't pass. They might get really scared and then refuse to talk to LE! I think that is what is happening. They are just thinking they passed because the LTD agent said "Okay, that's good!" or something very vague like that!

OH my gawsh! When I was watching Misty talk about what happened and her fake crying/voice/closing her eyes, I thought I was going to lose it! Shades of Susan Smith all over again! Go on YOUTUBE and compare the two.. you will be amazed! I don't think Ron had anything to do with this, but I think (opinion) Misty probably did something she doesn't want Ron to find out about that might have facilitated the kidnapping of the little girl.

It kind of seems like she is scared to lose Ron, so she would rather face the wrath of LE, than Ron! When I was 17, I had more of a tendency to think in the short term, and I think she is doing this, too. I don't think she had a thing to do with it, but think that she is holding something back; something that might show that she was negligent. For fear of her boyfriend's reaction.

Sad case.... I hope they find lil Haleigh, no matter what, preferrably alive. Poor little baby......

Anyway.. thanks for the welcome to the board.. and I can't wait to read more people's thoughts on this case!

GumShu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member