Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Misty called her family sobbing, come and get me, and they did. God bless em. That's not trespassing, that's common sense.

They should not have been on the property in the first place. They were not only uninvited, they were told NOT to come. If they had a problem with Misty, THEY should have called 911.

If true then yes if they felt Misty was in danger by all mean call. But that didn't happen so when they show up why didn't RC, MC, or AS call 911 before it got this far, I would of called 911, but for some reason they didn't. We know they have cell phones one of them could of called 911.

Carry on:banghead:

You all can forget the whole thing and just start at the point the Croslins were leaving...that is the juice of the charges and that is what will stand.

They should not have been on the property in the first place. They were not only uninvited, they were told NOT to come. If they had a problem with Misty, THEY should have called 911.
...and if RC had seen them on the property he should have been the first to call. It was within his right...especially if he believed it meant trouble. Something obviously transpired prior to all this, but the police only care about who started the physical altercation. By Ron's own admission, he "touched" first.

:confused: I thought Misty called them...I missed this....if they werent asked to come can you enlighten me as to why they went there? boredom? poker game? makes me wonder why the aggressiveness you would think they were there for a reason, last time I saw Lisa Croslin she was as giddy as Misty about Ron....tyia

Hey LaLaw...you snuck one in on me...glad to see ya!

That is your rumor. That is not supported by the police report. It says "approached in an "aggressive" manner. He said that he asked Hank Jr to get out of his face and he then came closer. He thought he was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way." Please, provide us with your eye witness information, since you continue to post as though you were there.

To me, this states that Hank Jr, having received calls from his sister and feeling she was in distress and wanting to leave (all in the Croslin's statements) that they acted in the best interest (better late than never, I guess) and arrived at her home in order to assist her in leaving as she'd stated she wanted to do. I can interpret (just like you are doing) that Ronald intimidated Misty into changing her mind. I won't, and don't need to. I can see that when the Croslin's arrived, they were met with a man screaming out of his home. I can see that Hank Jr would reply in kind and not back down, and I can also view that as it would be in any other situation.......a bully expecting to be obeyed and someone standing up to him. When the initial intimidation of yelling and beligerance didn't get the Croslin's gone, pushing (making physical contact) ensued. It's called escalation of aggression and that falls solely upon the man arrested, Ronald LeMyles Cummings.

In addition, in the press conference the officer stated that the Croslins were assaulted by RC and the number of witnesses supported the arrest of RC, not any of the Croslins. A member of the media asked if any of the charges have been dropped after the court hearing, and the officer said all charges remain. Obviously, LE has determined who was at fault.

I am not crazy and my heart doesn't pound outside my chest for anyone. I am not some school girl with a crush on Ronald. I am quite old enough to be his mother and to me it is very offensive to be considered as such. I defend him because I do not believe he had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. It is my right to do so without being categorized and called names.

Maybe these charges will stand, but I personally don't think so. What I see are trumped up charges and the SA's Office will have to take that into consideration. I don't believe we know the full story yet and maybe things will come out which may shed a whole new light on this fight.

After 3 fights and after how many times were they asked, demanded, or otherwise told to leave?! They were not going willingly if GGS felt she needed to guide them to their vehicle. They had refused repeated attempts to make them go away, but they were intent on escalating the situation.

You appear to know so much about the events as they happened only I have not seen this scenario. You speak as if you witnessed this yourself. The reports don't support your statement.

That is so ridiculous! For a person to be able to trespass legally because there are no signs up...I don't understand especially if they are demanded to leave.

I am so glad we have the "Stand My Ground" law in place here. I can take out my gun and defend myself and my property properly when someone is coming at me with intent to do bodily harm...such as Hank Jr did to Ronald...no matter if I am standing in my own yard or not. I have the legal right to use lethal force if neccesary.

BBM
Well, it may be ridiculous, but that is the law in Louisiana. I do not know where you live, but apparently the laws are different there.

"intent to do bodily harm"? Did Hank Jr. have a weapon in his hand? You can be charged with murder/manslaughter in my state unless an intruder in all the way into your home.

A person can protect their 'land' outside their home if there are visible 'no trespassing' signs.

From here on out, the waters will be muddied.

Once RC gets his attorney (think Baez), we will see a different picture develop.

In the court of law, RC is the aggressor. He committed a burglary with intent to inflict harm. If you enter a dwelling (even a car) with intent to hurt a person, it is a felony. The burglary is the legal hurdle.

BBM --

BUT one of the claims is that he punched him to keep him from taking Misty, who was not wanting to go. They were using force to take her. AND not only were they supposedly asked not to come, but when they did, they were asked to leave and didn't.

It all depends on which story they're going to go with, but I think there's a chance for RC to say he was protecting his wife and home.

It is NOT rumor and it IS in the police report:

She said that when he arrived at the residence, he began a verbal altercation with Ronald. She then said that Hank Jr came at Ronald and a physical altercation began.

~Snip~

He said that Hank Jr and Sr got out of the van and approached in an "aggressive" manner. He said that he asked Hank Jr to get out of his face and he then came closer. He thought he was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way. He said that Hank Jr then hit him after Ronald pushed him and the physical altercation began.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in BBM

This argument holds no water....for example...if I am at the grocery store and someone is pushing their cart toward me and I believe it is in an aggressive manner---I can NOT go up to them and hit them or push them unless I want to be charged with assault. If they have not touched me first, I have no right to touch them at all. No matter what their "manner" appears to me.

I don't see anywhere that it is shown that Misty has ever been abused by Ronald and that it was the reason behind this fight. I don't even see where it is stated by anyone other than the Croslins that Misty wanted to leave Ronald or the residence. They could have made it up. We haven't heard the whole story yet.

Too many people are saying it is a fact that Misty is being abused when there is nothing to back it up except their own personal experiences. Since when does one's personal experience dictate what is happening in the private life of another individual when you have NO knowledge of what takes place in their home?!
If it is true that Misty was hit by her brother and/or father during the fight...then they are the ones who are abusing her. Ronald was trying to defend and protect her, imo.

IMO Too many people are saying it is a fact that Ron was defending Misty. Where in the police report does it state he was trying to defend Misty??? He could have stated he was defending her and DID NOT say that. You say that, not RON.

It seems none of us have knowledge of what takes place in their home. We are trying to garner information from the sources available. The police report was drafted by a far more objective person than the Cummings or Croslin families,

Ron had the option of staying in the house when the Croslin's arrive, and while in the house pick up a telephone and call 911 and let the police come out to the house and deal with the issue.

Even if Misty's brother was approaching Ron in an aggressive manner, Ron was the one that put his hands on Misty's brother first.

When someone approaches another person in an aggressive manner, the other person has the option to walk away.

It's apparent that you haven't had the misfortune to be involved in many (any?) serious fights. "The option to walk away" can also be described as the "Go ahead, please hit me from behind." option. No one knowledgeable about such encounters will seriously recommend that you turn your back on someone who is offering you physical harm. Now "run away" is a different sort of counsel, but I don't think any of us would realistically expect that to happen under these circumstances.

When someone puts their hand on another person first it is an "assult", (Ron pushing Misty's brother) when the person that was pushed takes a "swing back" then the person is defending themselves.

Um, no. In many jurisdictions "assault" can occur "as an attempt to menace (or actual menacing) by placing another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury." If this interpretation applies in Florida then under Ron's description of events the "assault" was committed by Hank. Subsequent responses by Ron could easily be self-defense.

The fact that multiple adults entered his property with every expectation of confronting him, and then proceeded to do so is, to me at any rate, part of the overall picture, and deserves consideration.

When you read the police report it's the Croslins who are trying to get away from Ron, he's the one who keeps pursuing them, coming out of the home and right to their vehicle, reaching in and trying to do whatever????.... thus the burglary charge.

I don't see Ron defending anyone in this report.

See here is the problem....
the police report contains what everyone tells them.
It's just that.... a report!
They were not there so they have NO clue what happened.
They take reports from both sides.
What we do know is that we have 2 sides....
Ron, Grandma, Misty
and
the 3 Crosslins
The only people who know what really happened are those 6!

Okay so 3 say this and the other 3 say that....
I hate to admit but I do know from experience that when there is an
assault or fight like this the person who is arrested is the person who gets
the cops called on them first!

Doesn't mean they are the ones who are at fault. It means that the other
"team" was first to call police!
Both sides will have to go to court. And both sides will tell their story.

Truth is we do not know who is telling the truth and who is lying.

I have seen so many people lie in their police reports to save
their own @^%! Just because it is in the police report does not make it true!

I wish Ron would have called 911 as soon as they got to his grandma’s house.
I wish that the Crosslins would have stayed home or left when they were told to.

None of this matters as it is a done deal and now both sides will have to go
to court. IMO nothing will be done… they will fine both sides and that will be the
end of this little fiasco… but we still have Haleigh missing so what can we do to
help find her?

Pure and simple... Just another white trash night in the Everglades! Let them beat the Sh** out of each other...Just Find Haleigh!!!

Amazing how that pesky police report can be absolute gospel truth on some counts and a complete web of lies on other parts of the story isn't it?

I am not crazy and my heart doesn't pound outside my chest for anyone. I am not some school girl with a crush on Ronald. I am quite old enough to be his mother and to me it is very offensive to be considered as such. I defend him because I do not believe he had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance. It is my right to do so without being categorized and called names.

Maybe these charges will stand, but I personally don't think so. What I see are trumped up charges and the SA's Office will have to take that into consideration. I don't believe we know the full story yet and maybe things will come out which may shed a whole new light on this fight.

Thats my hope too.. There must be an underlying reason as to why the Croslins now fear for Misty's safety and want her out of there.Maybe they have all learned a few things in regards to Haleigh's disappearance since the wedding took place.

:confused: I thought Misty called them...I missed this....if they werent asked to come can you enlighten me as to why they went there? boredom? poker game? makes me wonder why the aggressiveness you would think they were there for a reason, last time I saw Lisa Croslin she was as giddy as Misty about Ron....tyia
Upon speaking with Misty she stated that she had talked to her brother on the telephone. She said that she asked him why he had been calling her residence all day. She said that he asked her if he could come over and she said no because it was too late. She said that he then made a big ordeal about not being able to see her and said he was coming over anyway.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in

Sure doesn't sound like she called them.

Upon speaking with Misty she stated that she had talked to her brother on the telephone. She said that she asked him why he had been calling her residence all day. She said that he asked her if he could come over and she said no because it was too late. She said that he then made a big ordeal about not being able to see her and said he was coming over anyway.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in

Sure doesn't sound like she called them.

actually it sounds like she did.

Hank stated that he, Lisa and Hank Sr had gotten a phone call from Misty who was crying and yelling. He said that Misty asked for them to come to her residence and pick her up because she no longer wanted to be at the residence with Ronald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321