Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The police report is clear and consistent. Moreover the sequence of events it lists makes a great deal of common sense. The only thing I can't seem to grasp is everyone else's interpretation.... maybe it's finally time for a shower......

Well...I have to disagree. If someone were coming at me in an aggressive manner, threatening me or my family, and got in my face...I would react the same way. I would attempt to push them away from me to prevent them from harming me. I would not turn my back on them! It would be foolish at that point to "walk away" and not expect to get sucker punched from behind. Ronald did not hit him first. Hank Jr took the first swing.

If the Croslins did receive calls from Misty...why didn't THEY call 911?! Why did they show up after Misty told them not to come? Calling 911 to rescue her would have been the right thing to do in the situation especially since she did not want them there. They did it because they were intent on starting a fight, imo. They knew exactly what was going to happen and provoked it. I will give you that Ronald should have called 911 immediately instead of going outside, but we don't know if Misty went outside first yet. None of the reports mention when she came outside.

I have to take a look at WHY they did this. Maybe we really are looking at the wrong families for Haleigh's disappearance. Maybe the brother Croslin is the one we should be checking out instead.

bbm

Unfortunately, many of the folks involved in this case seem to have the tendency to take matters into their own hands instead of calling the authorities. The elders seem to have more sense (excepting Hank Sr), but it appears that the younger ones tend to react before they puttheir brains in gear.

It appears once again that Misty is giving inconsistent statements. Did she call for help to leave Ron? Did she call her brother and tell him not to come? Did she really want to get into the van when they were urging her to? Did Ron make her stay against her will? As the World Turns will continue after this break.

I would not be surprised if we see an updated report from the Cummings family that Ron was actually pulled inside of the van against his will and he was just struggling to break loose. The guy on HLN was correct: This is like the Hatfields and the McCoys.

according to Florida statute a married minor can sign contracts.

Married minors are emancipated. They cannot do things that have specific ages connected to them. You must be 18 to purchase tobacco or vote, 21 for alcohol, etc. Those have specific ages connected to them. Those laws still apply even to a married minor.

Contracts are not age barred...but you are required to be an adult to enter into a contract. The law is meant to protect emancipated minors from being unable to provide for themselves, so it removes these restrictions "disabilities."

Misty should be allowed to sign any contract provided she is legally married.

Again, and it defies logic why everyone wants to miss the point when they make posts such as this, but Atherella......GGMS was pushing two of them into the car while Misty's brother was fending of Ronald who was punching him while Hank Jr was IN the car attempting to leave.

Uh, they were attempting to comply with the order to leave the premises.
After 3 fights and after how many times were they asked, demanded, or otherwise told to leave?! They were not going willingly if GGS felt she needed to guide them to their vehicle. They had refused repeated attempts to make them go away, but they were intent on escalating the situation.

While you're at it, take a look at Ronald's statement. HE PUT HIS HANDS ON HANK JR FIRST.
In self defense..he was trying to move him away after Hank Jr came towards him with the intent to do bodily harm.

Everytime I read about poor "Ron" and his band of followers defending him, I picture them with big red hearts thumping outside their chests.

Not even this will change their minds. The excuses keep coming and coming.... well you get the idea!

It seems RC can do just about anything and they will defend him. So far it looks like not one person has changed their mind, in fact they have dug their high heels in deeper.

Based on this particular situation, all that was happening was Misty's brother was approaching in an aggressive manner.

Perhaps we need a little more description of the "aggressive" manner. IMO, perhaps Hank was yelling. No harm in yelling/screaming/shouting etc.

If someone pushes you, it is an assault. No one is allowed to put their hands on another individual.

Approaching in an aggressive manner will get you shot in many states. Ron didn't know if this guy had a weapon or not and has a right, by law, to defend himself and his family.

As I read the police report the only people I see defending anyone are the Croslins, coming to get Misty and then trying to get the heck out of there when Ron's behavior turns violent. Where is either Ron's self-defense or defense of Misty?

I'm trying to stay with the police report and I'm not seeing all of this other stuff.

The police report is clear and consistent. Moreover the sequence of events it lists makes a great deal of common sense. The only thing I can't seem to grasp is everyone else's interpretation.... maybe it's finally time for a shower......

Won't work....I just took a long, hot shower and it is all still baffling to me!

It seems still that all stories are pretty consistent about what happened between GGM and the Croslins. Misty's is nowhere close, some of what Ron said matches, but he didn't say much apparently. GGM actually admits that SHE assaulted the Croslins by pushing them into the van, so she should be grateful that they did not press any charges against her. It seems that she was probably just trying to facilitate the speed with which they were trying to leave and they had no problem with her intervention.

The police report is concise and logical and the officer seems to have given all parties an equal chance to tell their stories, so I can not understand anyone feeling that an unfair decision was made. The evidence and eyewitness accounts speak for themselves. There were other officers present-- as the press conference spokesperson clearly stated OFFICERS in the plural, and repeated that THEY spoke to all involved. Not to mention that it is ALWAYS LE policy to send more than one officer to a domestic dispute situation.

I don't see anywhere that it is shown that Misty has ever been abused by Ronald and that it was the reason behind this fight. I don't even see where it is stated by anyone other than the Croslins that Misty wanted to leave Ronald or the residence. They could have made it up. We haven't heard the whole story yet.

Too many people are saying it is a fact that Misty is being abused when there is nothing to back it up except their own personal experiences. Since when does one's personal experience dictate what is happening in the private life of another individual when you have NO knowledge of what takes place in their home?!

If it is true that Misty was hit by her brother and/or father during the fight...then they are the ones who are abusing her. Ronald was trying to defend and protect her, imo.

Know what the saddest part to me is? Don Clark, former FBI who is a contributer on HLN said it as well. He should be out looking for his daughter, trying to find out what happened to his daughter instead of getting into fights with his in-laws. This could all have been prevented, if he had kept his cool and not started a ruckus.
I don't know how it all started, but this kind of behavior is inexcusable, IMO.
Misty's family had every right to go there to check on the welfare of their daughter, invited or not, doesn't matter. IF they tried to persuade her to leave with them, then that's another story. Whether they were trying to force her to go, or just talking to her, I don't know. But it's apparant to me that Ron needs some lessons on controlling his temper and I hope this was a wake-up call for them both.

I once worked with a doctor who used to believe the only way to communicate within the group was to act crazier than them.

In self defense..he was trying to move him away after Hank Jr came towards him with the intent to do bodily harm.

That is your rumor. That is not supported by the police report. It says "approached in an "aggressive" manner. He said that he asked Hank Jr to get out of his face and he then came closer. He thought he was going to hit him so he pushed him out of the way." Please, provide us with your eye witness information, since you continue to post as though you were there.

To me, this states that Hank Jr, having received calls from his sister and feeling she was in distress and wanting to leave (all in the Croslin's statements) that they acted in the best interest (better late than never, I guess) and arrived at her home in order to assist her in leaving as she'd stated she wanted to do. I can interpret (just like you are doing) that Ronald intimidated Misty into changing her mind. I won't, and don't need to. I can see that when the Croslin's arrived, they were met with a man screaming out of his home. I can see that Hank Jr would reply in kind and not back down, and I can also view that as it would be in any other situation.......a bully expecting to be obeyed and someone standing up to him. When the initial intimidation of yelling and beligerance didn't get the Croslin's gone, pushing (making physical contact) ensued. It's called escalation of aggression and that falls solely upon the man arrested, Ronald LeMyles Cummings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper