Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That push that GMA said Ron gave Croslin Jr. must of been a darn hard push when his doctor has ordered him to wear a neck brace and has diagnosed his injuries as a severely strained neck and back from the fight he got into with Ron. ( I think I would believe more that it was a sucker punched in the neck…rather than a push.)

Putnam County Sheriff’s Office tells Action News the reason the Croslins were not arrested was because too much of the story revolved around Ronald attacking Croslin, Jr.
The investigator says three different witnesses saw Ronald punching Croslin, Jr., including after he was inside of his vehicle trying to leave the scene. The investigator says the burglary charge came about because Ronald entered the vehicle owned by the Croslin’s against their wishes. (GMA being another witness to this from the report. Hmm.)

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...peak-about-arrest/mLXK584190mQsmKIOzg82g.cspx

I guess time, photos, injuries will tell all in due time.

Link for the doctor who allegedly treated Hank Jr please.

IMO she doesn't want him butting in and causing trouble...she could very well be appeasing her husband. I doubt very much he (Hank Jr.) committed an act of violence against her. If Ron felt threatened, he should have been the one to have filed for the RO.

I believe that Ron would think that if he filed for protection it would damage his manhood. It is so much better to look like he was playing the caveman and protection his little women. It is ludicrous to think that Misty's brother was coming over to harm her. If so, why would they be trying to persuade her to get in the van?

In FL, it's SOP to issue a temporary RO (usually within a few hours of it being filed). Then, the hearing within a few weeks will decide if it's permanent.
Isn't that when there's been an act of domestic violence? I haven't read the reports...is this what the police considered it to be?

Yes. She said she was awakened by the noise outside. This could have been one minute after they arrived. The events described in the article happened later on during the 3 altercations.

Annette stated that she was in bed and heard a racket outside of her house. She said she got up and opened the door.

I haven't seen anything that says that she was sleeping when this happened?

If only it were that easy. If she was in an abusive relationship (and we have no proof of that to date), she may not have the emotional strength to leave on her own.
Yes it is that easy, and she wouldn't have been on her own, and I don't believe for a minute that she is abused. JMO

UCN: 542009DR001003FDXXXX
File Date: 2009-08-06 Disposition Date:
File Type: INJUNCTION FOR PROTECTION - FD10
Judge: ELIZABETH A MORRIS

Plaintiffs
CUMMINGS MISTY J
Defendants
CROSLIN JR HANK T

Date Docket Description
2009-08-06 001.PETITION FOR INJUNCTION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
2009-08-06 002.IDENTIFICATION - DRIVER'S LICENSE

So, we KNOW Misty has a driver's license.

It could be Misty filed this because Ron asked her to, or maybe this is her way to protect her brother from Ron.
We will really never know why.
It's a shame that now she is pushing her real family away, what if she needs them in the future?
Why would they want to harm her?
This just makes things worst IMO when it comes to finding out what really happen to Haleigh. I am not defending Misty, maybe she is also being abused by Ron and is following orders out of fear. Bottom line is that the abuse allegations go way back with Ron and some tend to turn the other way. I just pray nothing happens to Misty
I pray for Jr.'s safety and LE finds Haleigh..that is what is important.

well if this is true, I think that's the saddest thing....her family has been behind her through this whole thing and now she is gonna get a restraining order on her brother.:mad:

Yeah, mind boggling isn't it? Doesn't make sense except to protect Ron. Here we are again, looking at Misty trying to protect Ron. Appears to be a pattern, doesn't it? That Grandma who pushed two people into a van appears to have quite abit of power, don't you know?:bang:

I wonder if this is what happened to Cousin Jo ?
No need to discuss it here I'll move on over and post it on the cousin thread.

Yes. She said she was awakened by the noise outside. This could have been one minute after they arrived. The events described in the article happened later on during the 3 altercations.
...or it could have been 5 minutes. We don't know. I think this whole thing should be tossed as it stands now. But, I'm very curious to hear about why MC wanted her family to come over. I'd like to hear their (Hank Jr./Sr.) version as it might shed some light on what's happening behind closed doors. There has to have been a reason for them going there. Even if the reason isn't valid, I'd still like to know what's going on.

Yes it is that easy, and she wouldn't have been on her own, and I don't believe for a minute that she is abused. JMO

Is this quote coming from someone who has experienced abuse firsthand or just someone coming from left field? No, it is not easy. When someone threatens to kill you if you leave and then hunts you down with a gun, it isn't easy. When someone controls every move you make and Yes, I KNOW that Ron made her take out the domestic violence order! There. That's my very experienced and knowledgeable opinon on this subject. Do you have any firsthand knowledge in abuse?

I'm sorry Flossie JMO but have you ever been in a abusive relationship for any period of time ? It is not that easy..or that simple. The comment that "it is that easy" is rather insulting to me.

Isn't that when there's been an act of domestic violence? I haven't read the reports...is this what the police considered it to be?

As I understand it, the temporary RO is always issued, whether domestic violence or not.

I'm not sure what type was filed, but it seems it would fit under a domestic violence injunction:

"Domestic violence" means any assault, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking, aggravated stalking, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or any criminal offense resulting in physical injury or death of one family or household member by another family or household member.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...stic violence injunction&URL=Ch0741/Sec28.HTM

Misty is not afraid of Ron. Again, has anyone noticed how jubilant she appears to be when she and Ron walk out of the jail today?

No, I didn't notice that she was jubilant.

fortytwo, no, I cannot quote the statute because when I left the SO, I had to turn my statute book/reference in. You could look up the laws in your state that constitute trespassing. I know what I know from attending the academy.

Since you question it, tho, I know I should have put a 'JMO' in there.

JMO, no, the 'no trespassing' signs are not meant for just when the owner or representative of the owner is not present. It applies also to when you are at home. You may be looking at it from the lawyer standpoint and I am looking at it from the LE standpoint. So - MOO.

Can't speak to Louisiana statutes. Here's what I found about Florida.

Section 810.09(1), Florida Statutes, provides:

"Whoever, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters upon or remains in any property other than a structure or conveyance as to which notice against entering or remaining is given, either by actual communication to the offender or by posting, fencing, or cultivation as described in s. 810.011, commits the offense of trespass on property other than a structure or conveyance."
(bold and underline above by me)

By the way, I find your last sentence to be interesting. Is it the local custom for LE to disregard petty issues like the law when enforcing it?

...or it could have been 5 minutes. We don't know. I think this whole thing should be tossed as it stands now. But, I'm very curious to hear about why MC wanted her family to come over. I'd like to hear their (Hank Jr./Sr.) version as it might shed some light on what's happening behind closed doors. There has to have been a reason for them going there. Even if the reason isn't valid, I'd still like to know what's going on.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ted_for_burglary_battery_involving_brother_in

Read the last part which is the LE report and you will find the reason that Misty's brother was coming over.

If she isn't in an emotionally/physically abusive relationship it would be easier to leave. And...if you speak from experience, you should be very proud that you could do it easily. It took me a very long time.

I believe in Misty's statement she says she didn't want her family
to come over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members