Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the longest most uncomfortable pause I have ever experienced. I heard Ron mutter something but couldn't understand it. Although, I guess it might be best to just honestly say "I don't know" rather than ramble on like I sometimes do.

I think he would do better to do interviews on his own or with someone who is a little more verbal, though. And what is the deal with the blanket? Misty always seems to bring that up. Why is it so important?

Finally, they kept announcing the upcoming interview with Ron "and his teenaged bride." That was pure media sensationalism.

I am full of opinions this morning!

BOLD by me: I heard something too.. I've only read this far, so I don't know if this has been discussed. I could not tell if it was coming from RON for sure, but misty darted her eyes to him really fast. It sounds to me like "Just Tell Her" , anyone else?

Just watched the link to the Today show interview with MV & the newly weds...it just amazes me that RC wants the focus off of his personal life and brought back to his missing child BUT...does he wear a Missing Haleigh T-Shirt or have organized information for the public (like phone #'s) to call with tips & information...of course not!

Both MC & RC's demeanor during that interview spoke volumes...MC is the only one wearing a Haleigh T-Shirt (hidden by a jacket), RC keeps arms crossed & knee nervously rocking back n forth thru interview...MC can't tell MV exactly why she changed her story regarding where Haleigh was sleeping that night to LE...RC gives MV icy-glares or smirky expressions 99% of the time...and MC avoids eye contact with MV...so, MC & RC get a big fat zero on the richter scale of believability.

These newlyweds should be scared...really scared & start thinking about lawyering up pretty soon.

If I were Ron's employer, I would inform him that he needs to get back to work pronto, or else. I am sure that he was given this time off so that he would have time to search for Haleigh, not for the ridiculous stuff he is doing. I am recording the Today Show and will watch it later. I am sure R and M will not make a good impression.

Exactly! If they can make money off the media, he can certainly go back to work and make an honest living. And who's going to pay for this big church wedding when HC returns. My neice got married a short time ago and it was in the 10K range.

(okay, so that is bashing him). But does anyone see a similarity between RC and Kevin Federline?

Mel

BOLD by me: I heard something too.. I've only read this far, so I don't know if this has been discussed. I could not tell if it was coming from RON for sure, but misty darted her eyes to him really fast. It sounds to me like "Just Tell Her" , anyone else?

I heard someone cough or sneeze...sounded like it was on the sideline.

I just watched the video; thanks for the links.

Couple of things

1. At 6:32 on the video; Misty is asking Ron, what time she went to bed, then goes on to say it's about 10 O'clock. It's fast but listen, he keeps saying, I don't know nothing, because I was at work....why is she asking him to confirm or aid in the time she went to bed?

2. Ron demeanor and body language is SCREAMING at us. His arms are crossed, he is angry, his leg never stopped moving and going back and forth, the nerves are showing.

3 and this is BIG, look at his face and his eyes when he pleads for her return and then at the end, he says he loves her and never looks into the camera. He knows... Misty knows...

Couple of things

1. At 6:32 on the video; Misty is asking Ron, what time she went to bed, then goes on to say it's about 10 O'clock. It's fast but listen, he keeps saying, I don't know nothing, because I was at work....why is she asking him to confirm or aid in the time she went to bed?

2. Ron demeanor and body language is SCREAMING at us. His arms are crossed, he is angry, his leg never stopped moving and going back and forth, the nerves are showing.

3 and this is BIG, look at his face and his eyes when he pleads for her return and then at the end, he says he loves her and never looks into the camera. He knows... Misty knows...

**Bolded By Me**

I noticed that too!!!!!!! She says something like "I went to bed....uhhh what time did" (like she was asking someone) then said..."I went to bed at 10 o clock"

Couple of things

I agree with 1 and 3, but if anyone ever saw my oldest son, they would describe him like Ron is described in #2. My son always looks like he is angry to anyone who doesn't know him, he is ADHD and never stops moving and when he is sitting it's his legs(moving back and forth or jumping up and down). Now in Ron's case it may be his nerves showing, but I have seen cases where it is normal in some people. JMO

Does anyone know if they watched the opening lead video with the local reporter (like we did) before Meredith started asking them questions?
That video was provocative and could very well be the reason for their appearance and behavior while Meredith asked them questions.
The local reporter verbally slapped Misty around and could have made them defensive right from the start.

I'm curious if they watched the lead-in video like we did. I'm not sure how these shows work their formats.

~

I agree with 1 and 3, but if anyone ever saw my oldest son, they would describe him like Ron is described in #2. My son always looks like he is angry to anyone who doesn't know him, he is ADHD and never stops moving and when he is sitting it's his legs(moving back and forth or jumping up and down). Now in Ron's case it may be his nerves showing, but I have seen cases where it is normal in some people. JMO

flitter thank you for sharing your personal experience.

FWIW, I didn't see what others have either in that clip in regard to RC's body language. I did see the crossed arms and the non-expressive face as he was talking to Meredith and thought to myself that he was angry and defensive.

I just figured he was being defensive by crossing his arms which can be interpreted as a defensive position in body language.

I don't know enough about body language to say one way or the other as to why he sat like that. But in this case I see defensive as protecting oneself, in that, it would be hard to argue against the fact that his previous experience with media (g. rivera) was very confrontational.

It's so hard to read someone when all we have to look at are clips provided by the media and those clips are provided to us after such an emotionally charged event such as having a child disappear and not to be found.

MC concerns me more personally. Not that I think she is directly involved in what happened to Haleigh but that she not only has been inconsistent with LE on the timeline of that night, but she has said on national TV when responding to the question "why has your story had inconsistancies"?---"I don't know". It's too soon for me to point the finger at any of the players and say with full conviction----that one did something to Haleigh. Just my humble opinon.

My son is like that too. He has ADHD and walks around with a frown on his face most of the time. He also never stops moving. It might have something to do with my son being a teenager.

All I heard was someone cough. I replayed it several times.

Just watched the link to the Today show interview with MV & the newly weds...it just amazes me that RC wants the focus off of his personal life and brought back to his missing child BUT...does he wear a Missing Haleigh T-Shirt or have organized information for the public (like phone #'s) to call with tips & information...of course not!

I think Ron was dressing up. Kind of like the first day of school nice, yannowhataimean? I didn't think it was bad that he didn't wear a t-shirt with Haleigh on it. Misty was dressed like she normally does, and I've noticed the extra big jacket on her a lot. I think it gives her comfort and she feels safe in it. Lots of girls her age do the same thing.

Does anyone know if they watched the opening lead video with the local reporter (like we did) before Meredith started asking them questions?
That video was provocative and could very well be the reason for their appearance and behavior while Meredith asked them questions.
The local reporter verbally slapped Misty around and could have made them defensive right from the start.

I'm curious if they watched the lead-in video like we did. I'm not sure how these shows work their formats.

~

Oh wow drumstick good call! I had forgotten about that lead in. Thank you for remembering it!

I have always wondered about that method of presenting a clip of information that is slanted a certain way (NG does that too at times) then cut to the very individuals that were "slapped around" (love your description).

I've always wondered if it is a technique to get a more lively response from the individual being interviewed.

I would imagine that since they were sitting in the studio with Meredith that there was a moniter that would have shown what was being played so that when it ended Meredith could pick up with the interview.

Hmmm, very interesting point!

~

They showed Ron and Misty sitting in the studio about 15 mins before they aired that segment and IMO, they looked pizzed then.

I'm wondering now if this wasn't a set up by LE to pressure them.

That would be one of the tools they use to get to the truth.

~

All I heard was someone cough. I replayed it several times.

I think Ron was dressing up. Kind of like the first day of school nice, yannowhataimean? I didn't think it was bad that he didn't wear a t-shirt with Haleigh on it. Misty was dressed like she normally does, and I've noticed the extra big jacket on her a lot. I think it gives her comfort and she feels safe in it. Lots of girls her age do the same thing.

Maybe there is some extra big information she wants to keep "under wraps" KWIM?

Gosh, I would like to have seen that! I only caught the replayed version on here.

I saw the shot the previous poster was talking about. It showed Ronald and Misty, both on the couch, arms crossed at their chest, (or belly...whichever) looking into the camera. It looked like a very defensive stance. I was like ....weird. Why are they both looking so defensive, but then again, if everyone was accusing me of wrongdoing in my childs disappearance....how would I sit? I don't know, I am sure it would be on the NBC website right? A whole show replay or something?

Exactly! If they can make money off the media, he can certainly go back to work and make an honest living. And who's going to pay for this big church wedding when HC returns. My neice got married a short time ago and it was in the 10K range.

(okay, so that is bashing him). But does anyone see a similarity between RC and Kevin Federline?
Mel

Yeppers, I do.

2 thoughts: Ron has said Haleigh was afraid of the dark. We have a child who is afraid to be alone at night and afraid of the dark. Our solution for the time being has been to keep a crib mattress in our room for him to sleep on when needed, so we can all get back to sleep w/ a minimum of fuss.

That's what night lights are for. For isolated illnesses I slept with the kids in their bed if they were that sick. I learned the hard way that letting little children sleep with you is a mistake for both you and for them. It is a hard habit to break and makes marital relations very difficult to take place (unless you Do It in their presence and just don't care). In the end it makes children more fearful and dependent and it puts a strain on the marriage. But that's just my take.

In any event I think a night light would be the logical solution to fear of the dark in this case and because Haleigh and Jr. are both very young they could have slept in one bedroom together. That would also take care of her feeling she was all alone at night.

BTW, did anyone see a bed devoted strictly to Jr in the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member