Ronald proposes to Misty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unbelievable!!!!! What else can be said???? By a ring for your 17 year old girlfriend, and your daughter is missing???? How about donating that money towards Haleigh!!!!!!!!!! How quick they seem to move on!!! I know this sounds harsh, but what else can be said?????? I know it is probably not right but I would have a hard time even looking at the person my child was LAST seen with and now missing WITHOUT a TRACE!!!!!!!!!!! I was pulling for Ron until NOW!!!!!!!! A good dad, I am sorry but what ARE his PRIORITIES??? HONESTLY!!!!!!! Can't talk to the media because they bad mouth him, nut can talk about his engagement!!!!!!! Is it just me or is this situation getting worse day by day????? JMO JMO

thank you so much for this rant of yours.. you took the words right out of my mouth...i would of tossed in the F word here and there.:clap:

My definition of bashing is calling Ron a drug addict, Ron is an abuser, Misty is stupid, and the list goes on it has nothing to do with someone not agreeing with me. In fact I do not agree the marriage thing is appropriate at this time.

I really wish we could do away with the word "bashing". Over and over we hear it, and it causes many problems. Just because someone does not agree with you does not mean it is bashing.

My definition of bashing is calling Ron a drug addict, Ron is an abuser, Misty is stupid, and the list goes on it has nothing to do with someone not agreeing with me. In fact I do not agree the marriage thing is appropriate at this time.

Oh Busylady, I am not just meaning you. Guess I should have said that, forgive me. I just see the word bashing thrown out there so much and it is used to inflame. I know you are not doing that and I should have said so. I just saw the word bashing...and started thinking out loud.:)

I wanted to point out 2 things that stand out in this besides the engagement itself:

1. Mistys mother is now giving consent, out of spite of negative publicity? Whoa! Theres a reason to consent to your child's underage marriage.
2. Ronald comes out of the Court House and completly bolts for the vehicle, mumbles thank you.... with a clear distaste for the media' presence.

imo- I'm totally suspicious of him now! My intuition is telling me, he's involved.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&catid=3

*sigh*

The happy go lucky part of me wants to think... "This would make Haliegh happy and maybe it will make everything 'all better'. ", but in reality I think it just shows poor judgment and a lack of priorities. A tasteless move. :(

I agree - but I don't think that Crystal and Chad were raised together. I believe they were both "grown" when his dad and her mom got together. They are not related by blood. Yes it is odd - but not creepy. Crystal met the man her mom was going to marry and then met his son. Is it so strange that they hit it off? I don't think so. Would it have been so "creepy" if they had met on their own - only to find out later that it was HIS dad and HER mother that had also met and married?

Thanks for the clarification, SWAG1959. I've been wondering about the timing on this for a long time. If that's the case, I don't even find it odd.

I think Ron can't win either way with the media and he knows it. If he talks, he gets beat down, if he doesn't talk, he gets beat down.

He seems like a pretty private person and seems he wants the media out of his face. I do not blame him. Unfortunately the media is helping to keep Haleighs face out there so it is a catch 22.

I think Ron can't win either way with the media and he knows it. If he talks, he gets beat down, if he doesn't talk, he gets beat down.

He seems like a pretty private person and seems he wants the media out of his face. I do not blame him. Unfortunately the media is helping to keep Haleighs face out there so it is a catch 22.

Well, the first thing I would suggest if he wants to avoid the media and people speculating...would be to keep ur girlfriend off the courthouse steps showing off her engagement ring....that might be a big help.

Funny you should say that. When I heard of the "news" I thought- oh, how Anthonyesque!

I really don't know how to put this 'in good taste'..but the first thing I thought was of a horrible episode of Jerry Springer...:silenced:

Lord, where is Haleigh???:(

I thought the same thing - if that is a diamond and the quality is even mediocre, that is a very expensive ring for someone in RC's circumstances to give to a 17 year old GF. I expect MC never expected to receive anything like that in her lifetime.

Right, and if it doesn't work out, she can always pawn the ring to rent a limo to go to Junior Prom.

With regard to how Haleigh would have wanted this marriage to take place:

I'm going out on a limb and will say that Haleigh no doubt would have rather had awakened the next day in her own bed, wet or dry, and gone off to school. Right at this minute, I doubt she'd be dreaming of how happy Misty is that Ron has asked her to marry him.

I thought the same thing - if that is a diamond and the quality is even mediocre, that is a very expensive ring for someone in RC's circumstances to give to a 17 year old GF. I expect MC never expected to receive anything like that in her lifetime.

It's probably Diamonique.

Just kidding. I don't know if it is real or not.

Sorry but to me, it seems like just another staging to throw off the investigation to make everyone think he is okay with her, and her neglect and numerous changing and conflicting stories, to make her look better, and her butchered stories stronger. IMO they are covering eachother and using this to strengthen their bond of secrecy. MOO

I'm new to this board, and can't find too much of anything..Does anyone have a link to the video of the proposal?

My opinion concerning this engagement is..... Ain't fittin... Ain't Fittin...Just ain't fittin..
Thanking you in advance

Sorry but to me, it seems like just another staging to throw off the investigation to make everyone think he is okay with her, and her neglect and numerous changing and conflicting stories, to make her look better, and her butchered stories stronger. IMO they are covering eachother and using this to strengthen their bond of secrecy. MOO

It really seems like that to me, gypsyblue. And I can't imagine one scenario where they could be covering for anybody (criminal associates, friend, family) but themselves. JMO.

I'm new to this board, and can't find too much of anything..Does anyone have a link to the video of the proposal?

My opinion concerning this engagement is..... Ain't fittin... Ain't Fittin...Just ain't fittin..
Thanking you in advance

Hi Em and welcome!!!!!!! It just does not fit, you are right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum