Ronald proposes to Misty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he's smart enough to do this NOW just to have the media talk about the case again and keep Haleigh's face out there.

The coverage died down and he did the tatoo, then this? Misty's mom said they have been asking for awhile and she said no, not till Misty is 18. But, because of all this she decided to give consent. They have not set a date.
He could keep it private if he wanted. I think he is trying to keep her in the news. The case in the news.

Hi Tichad, Several times he as treated her with absolute disrespect - in the public eye.

First on the 911 call. Second today when he came out of the courthouse and walked right past Misty. She caught up with him as he approached the car and she bent her head in his direction to say something to him. He didn't turn his head to answer her and kept walking, although he could have said something to her as he was walking All caught on video by the local news channel :(

Have you really honestly NEVER been so upset at a loved one that you walked right past them like they don't exist? Really? Is this the level we're lowing the bar for abuse? My 4 year old does this daily to me, he's not going to abuse his girlfriend when he's older.

Also if I JUST FOUND OUT that my kid is missing and I was on 911 I really would not be thinking "gee this might be on the news someday if my kid isn't found, so I better put on my public face!" I mean, if that was even something that popped into my head I would consider myself an awful parent.

Did he call a press conference so the news cameras could record him disrespecting her? No, he's living his life and the cameras ARE THERE. Is he the nicest guy in the world? No, but alot of people aren't pretty under stress and are lucky enough not to get caught on camera. I helped my friend escape an abuser, and I can't even imagine her uttering "He was mad and ignored me in public!"

We can pick at every detail of his actions and reactions all day, but in reality just because most people are not caught on camera does not mean these bahaviors are THAT out of the ordinary. It's like we all get on the internet and pretend to the world that we never argue, but IF we did we'd NEVER call names, NEVER shoot a nasty look, and resolve all conflicts over warm muffins and tea.

Again, he COULD be abusive...I'm not even pretending to know them, I just don't see it in these reactions.

Have you really honestly NEVER been so upset at a loved one that you walked right past them like they don't exist? Really? Is this the level we're lowing the bar for abuse? My 4 year old does this daily to me, he's not going to abuse his girlfriend when he's older.

Also if I JUST FOUND OUT that my kid is missing and I was on 911 I really would not be thinking "gee this might be on the news someday if my kid isn't found, so I better put on my public face!" I mean, if that was even something that popped into my head I would consider myself an awful parent.

Did he call a press conference so the news cameras could record him disrespecting her? No, he's living his life and the cameras ARE THERE. Is he the nicest guy in the world? No, but alot of people aren't pretty under stress and are lucky enough not to get caught on camera. I helped my friend escape an abuser, and I can't even imagine her uttering "He was mad and ignored me in public!"

We can pick at every detail of his actions and reactions all day, but in reality just because most people are not caught on camera does not mean these bahaviors are THAT out of the ordinary. It's like we all get on the internet and pretend to the world that we never argue, but IF we did we'd NEVER call names, NEVER shoot a nasty look, and resolve all conflicts over warm muffins and tea.

Again, he COULD be abusive...I'm not even pretending to know them, I just don't see it in these reactions.

I agree with your post. Sometimes, if we expect to find something, it seems like we see it everywhere. Plus I got a good chuckle over the "warm muffins and tea", so thank you. Wouldn't it be great if all conflicts could be handle that way? Not to mention that all that baking & tea brewing would restart the economy!

Your 4 year old, is not a MAN. A man that loves and respects you, does NOT walk past you in public, not saying a word, purposely ignoring you.

Public display such as that, shows he has very little respect for women in general. He could have had the decency, seeing as he just proposed to her, to come over and put his arm around her and pull her away.

Sorry, I agree to disagree with you.

(Your post respectfully snipped)
ITA. Not only would I not move from where my daughter went missing from, I'd be sleeping in her bed. Instead of cherising her sweet memory, they are acting like she's a reminder of something bad and to be avoided.

IMO, they are acting like someone would that had a murder occur in their home.

Where is Haleigh?

I think I might be afraid that the same person might come in and take my other child so am not sure what I would do.

I wish the best for them. I do not think either of them is guilty of hurting Haliegh.

Ron may have felt the need to do it now as he has lost his daughter and cannot imagine losing anyone else in his life.

I'm with you. Who are we to be judge and jury about what Ron and Misty do with their lives? Everyone carried on about them shacking up...well, they won't be shacking up...they will be married so that is the end of that.

We don't know these two people to know what kind of a relationship that they have or if they are happy together or even how they treat each other.
Imaginations have gotten carried away concerning Ron and what he must be doing...drug dealer, abuser, etc, but none of that is fact. Misty too...out partying leaving the kids alone, etc. That isn't a fact either.

There are many couples that marry with huge age differences between them and things seem to work out just fine. Besides, these two don't need our permission to get married. Are they planning on getting married next weekend or did he just ask her to marry him and they haven't set a date yet? I hope that everything works out for them and that Haleigh comes home soon.

(respectfully snipped) Swallowed the canary... lol (oh dear, it's getting late...)

I'd really rather not...

(bold mine) Have been turning this over in my poor little worn out mind... I'm also wondering about possible shared complicity. But if gf is guilty on some lesser level (of negligence eg), any guesses what else it is she may hold over dad?

(bold mine) Ok well and what if she's say 16, like when he first got involved w her and she never gets beyond the 7th or 8th grade and he does worse than call her a dumb b* when LE's not around or when they're behind closed doors and this is just a way for each to enable one another at best and conceal or exempt themselves from their respective culpability at worst? Should we still congratulate them then and throw confetti simply because it "pulls them closer?" Dad was angry long before anybody here or in the public at large had a chance to form any impressions, their suspicions were aroused based on his behavior. JMO

:bedtime:

:parrot:

On the other hand, you and others could be totally wrong about Ron. Maybe he isn't abusive but just became verbal in the mist of his fear due to his daughter missing. Because of one outburst almost everyone is suspicious of Ron and of Misty because she happened to be there when Haleigh went missing. Just because Misty was there with the kids doesn't make her guilty of anything. She could be as innocent as Mark Klaas or Mrs. Walsh. We have no facts about what happened to Haleigh but everyone is pointing fingers. I think you will all be surprised when they do find Haleigh which I hope is soon and that she is still alive.

thank you so much for this rant of yours.. you took the words right out of my mouth...i would of tossed in the F word here and there.:clap:

NOTHING should be able to propel a normal person into an angry rant...CERTAINLY nothing going on in Ron's life is very stressful right now. Only us internet posters should be allowed to swear and rant...after all WE have to endure the stress of watching this whole fiasco!

I think I might be afraid that the same person might come in and take my other child so am not sure what I would do.

It doesn't help to marry the person who very likely took your child from you and move her into a new home with you and your son. How'd that work out the first time around?

Yes...a 17 year old with her heart set on the big white dress, the flowers, the adoration , and all the dreams that so many girls have about MARRIAGE ..

I believe they think some network or something is going to pay *out of sympathy*

There are only a few reasons people get married this quick..

One they elope - not happening
Two - well it belongs in the parking thread - and is a possibility..
Three - so that you can not testify against your spouse - possible
Four - to make that person Loyal to you alone - possiblity

IF and I do say a BIG IF - they had gone off with the parents and got married on the quiet and didnt tell anyone because they wanted to strenghten their love and support for each other MAYBE I might have bought that ...MAYBE !!

But this ...:snooty: no this is something else entirely...

Frankly, I was shocked when I first heard this.. I honestly thought I hadnt heard it correctly.. first thought that popped into my mind.. was the spouse immunity (testimony) thing.. (I know.. Im a cynical little thing)
It just set off my hinky meter.. but so have many many things in this case.. I just have a very hard time wrapping my mind around ANYONE wanting to get married when their daughter is missing... at least that is MY mindset.. I cant imagine even thinking about ANYTHING like proposals, getting married, getting tattoos.. etc.. It is just beyond me..
That being said.. I can only speak from my mindset.. so who knows... everyone deals with stuff differently.. so Im trying reallllllly hard not to judge too much..
still.. too many things setting off the hinky meter..imo

I'm sorry, but what the heck is Misty's mother thinking??? I can see Misty romanticizing the whole ring & being a family thing in her head , but her mother should at least be level-headed and know this is a bad decision, esp. now.

Yes....that's exactly what is so troubling to me. I can't quite figure out the family dynamics... to where this would be acceptable to them?

I'm with you. Who are we to be judge and jury about what Ron and Misty do with their lives? Everyone carried on about them shacking up...well, they won't be shacking up...they will be married so that is the end of that.

We don't know these two people to know what kind of a relationship that they have or if they are happy together or even how they treat each other.
Imaginations have gotten carried away concerning Ron and what he must be doing...drug dealer, abuser, etc, but none of that is fact. Misty too...out partying leaving the kids alone, etc. That isn't a fact either.

There are many couples that marry with huge age differences between them and things seem to work out just fine. Besides, these two don't need our permission to get married. Are they planning on getting married next weekend or did he just ask her to marry him and they haven't set a date yet? I hope that everything works out for them and that Haleigh comes home soon.

Honestly, it makes me SICK the way others are talking about Misty and Ron.

If they were even remotely suspected they would be arrested already.

Like I said in other posts, moments of tragedy either rip a couple apart, or make their bond stronger.

It seems Misty and Ron have grown closer.

They too are VICTIMS in this. I am sorry if some posters are so jaded that they cannot see that.

*I have posted my opinion before and have been flamed for giving a crap about Misty and Ron. So if you disagree with me, go ahead and quote me, but do not expect a response from me. This is how I feel after watching them and nothing anyone here says will change that.

Well, the first thing I would suggest if he wants to avoid the media and people speculating...would be to keep ur girlfriend off the courthouse steps showing off her engagement ring....that might be a big help.

ITA. Might be why he seemed annoyed with her. She is afterall 17. Showing off the ring like that is a very "young girl" thing to do.

On the other hand, you and others could be totally wrong about Ron. Maybe he isn't abusive but just became verbal in the mist of his fear due to his daughter missing. Because of one outburst almost everyone is suspicious of Ron and of Misty because she happened to be there when Haleigh went missing. Just because Misty was there with the kids doesn't make her guilty of anything. She could be as innocent as Mark Klaas or Mrs. Walsh. We have no facts about what happened to Haleigh but everyone is pointing fingers. I think you will all be surprised when they do find Haleigh which I hope is soon and that she is still alive.

We have facts. Haleigh went missing and Misty was the last one with her. Stranger abductions are rare. Most non parental abductions were never abductions at all, but murders commited by a parent or significant other of the parent. These parents only report their child missing to cover up a murder.

Honestly, it makes me SICK the way others are talking about Misty and Ron.

If they were even remotely suspected they would be arrested already.

Like I said in other posts, moments of tragedy either rip a couple apart, or make their bond stronger.

It seems Misty and Ron have grown closer.

They too are VICTIMS in this. I am sorry if some posters are so jaded that they cannot see that.

*I have posted my opinion before and have been flamed for giving a crap about Misty and Ron. So if you disagree with me, go ahead and quote me, but do not expect a response from me. This is how I feel after watching them and nothing anyone here says will change that.

I don't care one bit about the messed up adults and one teenager in this. Whatever they are going through pales in comparison to what Haleigh went through.

I stand with Haleigh.

Like someone else stated, Ron is acting like he won the lottery.

For me, I do not care to judge what kind of relationship ron & misty may have with each other-(married, living together, only friends-whatever it does not matter). I do not care what they do in their spare time, except that it may have put his children in dangerous situations (drugs, guns etc) I do not care if Ron has committed a crime where it comes to Misty's concern (stat. rape / abuse) I do not even know how anyone could prove stat rape - maybe they are saving "that" for marriage (who knows for sure) As far as the age difference, maybe there is 8 years between them on paper, but they both seem like teenagers to me. I commend Ron for having enough of an interest in his kids lives to fight for custody (I hope that was out of love for the children and not vengence against the ex, but again, who knows for sure) and also for working hard to keep a house over their heads.

The problem is the TIMING of this proposal. There is something so terribly wrong with this whole scenario, and now the rush to be married just raises suspicion on many levels.

It is reported that they are planning to marry this coming week. They can officially after March 12th.

jmo

I don't care one bit about the messed up adults and one teenager in this. Whatever they are going through pales in comparison to what Haleigh went through.

I stand with Haleigh.

Like someone else stated, Ron is acting like he won the lottery.

I respectfully disagree.

Every time someone puts a camera in his face he BEGS for Haleigh.

He doesn't use it as an avenue to sling mud like others have.

I know, right? I mean, WHY is he so ANGRY? It makes no sense to be so angry at the media and those that care about your child.

He could have some respect and at least be polite.

Oh yeah, just like all the people who respect and are polite to them in their time of tragedy.

I think we see ourselves as people sitting in a coffee house talking about this amongst ourselves. This is a public web board. The people in the midst of these problems have access to all our speculation, name calling, and psychic visions of what their home lives are REALLY like. The only reason we have all this fodder for speculation is the media focusing cameras on them 24/7...I understand exactly why they might blame the media for the mean things many of us say (I am guilty also...not throwing stones here).

To reference one of the worst examples, I really am not sure I would be polite to ANYONE who accused me of impregnating my sister, no matter how much they claimed to "care" about a child in my life. I'm sure Ron has very little respect for people speculating on his drug habits, whether he's a pedophile, abusive, etc...it's beyond most people to smile in the face of such accusations just because the accusers claim to "care" about someone they care about. Some people even claim to "care" about his daughter more than he does...would YOU be polite to someone accusing you of the above offences, who THEN informs you that they care about your daughter more than you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14