Ronald proposes to Misty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
theory:

Ron is being careful with Misty since he is aware he could be accused of statuatory rape. Therefore, in order to have sex with her, he needs to be married to her. Just some horney kids.

Have you really honestly NEVER been so upset at a loved one that you walked right past them like they don't exist? Really? Is this the level we're lowing the bar for abuse? My 4 year old does this daily to me, he's not going to abuse his girlfriend when he's older.

Also if I JUST FOUND OUT that my kid is missing and I was on 911 I really would not be thinking "gee this might be on the news someday if my kid isn't found, so I better put on my public face!" I mean, if that was even something that popped into my head I would consider myself an awful parent.

Did he call a press conference so the news cameras could record him disrespecting her? No, he's living his life and the cameras ARE THERE. Is he the nicest guy in the world? No, but alot of people aren't pretty under stress and are lucky enough not to get caught on camera. I helped my friend escape an abuser, and I can't even imagine her uttering "He was mad and ignored me in public!"

We can pick at every detail of his actions and reactions all day, but in reality just because most people are not caught on camera does not mean these bahaviors are THAT out of the ordinary. It's like we all get on the internet and pretend to the world that we never argue, but IF we did we'd NEVER call names, NEVER shoot a nasty look, and resolve all conflicts over warm muffins and tea.

Again, he COULD be abusive...I'm not even pretending to know them, I just don't see it in these reactions.

Well if she was 16 when they got together that would put her as a sophomore in High school...not 7th or 8th grade, so not going BEYOND 7th or 8th grade would be HER fault, not Ron's.

And we can SAY alot of things...but it is all speculation. Sorry, but everybody and every situation is individual. Life is like a "choose-your-own-adventure", not an instruction manual. HOPING for the best is better than prescribing a set course of action based on what your particular reading of the situation is.

Please refer to post below of Debs, who took the words right from my own heart...

I won't apologize for looking at his relationship with a child as wrong. Misty was 16 when they began dating, whether that dating stayed on the innocently holding hands side of things. I don't care if he smiles about it or not. But I won't drop my belief that a 25 year old man has no business with a 16 year old girl. Now that she's 17 and has her mother's gleeful blessing on a marriage to this man, I do not see that it is more legitimate to put aside questions about why he would seek out the affections of a girl who is barely capable of keeping from licking her chops that she's sporting a ring on her pretty manicured hand.

I won't pretend (like he would like everyone to do) that he doesn't have a long history of drug related charges.

I won't pretend that he hasn't been violent in the past.

These things are relevant to the disappearance of his child and it is unfortunate that in investigating that disappearance, all that information is shown the light of day. As is evidenced in the rumor threads, it wasn't as though all these things weren't being discussed before Haleigh went missing. I won't be cowed by his belief that we all need to "get outta his face" because he doesn't like the light being shined on the decisions he makes in his life that are quite apparently of the destructive kind.

(bold mine) What Debs said. If some people could just understand that this situation--including a confusing childish, parent-centered (vs child-centered) environment, complete w drugs, weapons, threats of violence and other unhealthy influences for these children along w dad's temper didn't simply crop up in recent weeks or coincide w Haleigh's disappearance. P-leeez. These have all long been present and as Debs so aptly put it this tragedy has simply cast light on what was already an unstable, unhealthy homelife and longstanding risk factors. We can all just hope and pray now that at least some good may eventually come from this tragedy via the attention that's finally being drawn to the confusion in which children are expected to grow up and the abuse and neglect prevalent in the lives of so many children. Re other comments, what you seem to be suggesting is that the bar for "adults" who undertake to raise and care for children has evidently now been set so low that no longer should we expect adults to behave like adults; to be stable, mature or unselfish enough to consider children's safety; to act on children's behalf or put a child's wellbeing first when making decisions involving their care or supervision (much less possess the maturity to convey under stress basic vital info re a child in a true emergency). Nor even ultimately, I guess, should we be able to distinguish the adults from the children. Children raising children, the lines are becoming blurred. And the problem people like me are having is that dad isn't just in need of an image overhaul or a personality transplant, he needs anger management to learn self-control if he's going to be a protector, disciplinarian, suitable caregiver or role model for his children. And the problem w this ill-timed wedding is that it neither considers nor resolves any of these issues nor, once again, is it truly in the children's interests. Praying for Haleigh, and Jr. JMO

:parrot:

Sorry if this has been posted, but it looks like she had a nice manicure as well (again, not cheap and seems extravagant under the circumstances of a missing child):

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 108
theory:

Ron is being careful with Misty since he is aware he could be accused of statuatory rape. Therefore, in order to have sex with her, he needs to be married to her. Just some horney kids.

Teflon Ron probably isn't too worried about charges sticking. His history has shown they don't for some reason. It is also so unlikely that they would file those charges, which cannot be proven at this point. They have bigger fish to fry, better areas to spend the resources. Unless they have reason to believe Ron knows something he is not telling and used the possibility of those charges to attempt to pressure him I just don't see it being an issue.

You are all assuming this is his idea or their idea. Think about it this way -- this girl has now spent a month of her life literally at a standstill over a missing child that she is not related to, and she has only known for 5 months or so. Clearly, this will effect her profoundly, but is it enough for her to live this way indefinitely? Plus, I would imagine that many people -- LE, social services, her family, her friends, maybe even Ron's family, have told her she should move on -- be available for questioning, obviously, but not continue to live her life this way if she is simply a casual girlfriend to this man. Sometimes, that kind of ultimatum is what it takes for people to desire to marry. Again, I doubt they are planning a formal wedding, and I doubt there will be much of a party -- this is probably an administrative thing that they are doing to solidify their relationship. They are both probably a mess of emotions right now, and somehow they got this idea and are running with it. It doesn't offend me. I think it is presumptuous to assume this is going to be treated as some big happy wedding; it is probably just going to be done with simple paperwork and a somber gathering, if any.

Croslin's mother, Lisa Croslin, said, "They've been trying to get me to do this for five months now. And I told them you need to wait until you're 18. But now that everything's been going on and people have been trashing them, I'm going to let them do it. I know they lover her... Haleigh, and they love each other."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&catid=3

Okay...her mom says they've been trying to get her to let them get married for 5 months now? I thought they had only been dating for 4 or 5...? HUH? I must have missed something....

When I first saw this interview that is the exact part that jumped out to me too! I guess we both have missed something...

You got it, Lancelot! These two are up to their eyeballs in this together.

ITA...I have thought this from the very beginning. There was a period of time (mind you a very small amount) that I thought I could be wrong and jumping to conclusions, but with everything that these two keep doing as this goes on just strengthens my opinion! What in the he!! are these two thinking!!! Haleigh is what is most important right now...not a piece of paper legally binding the two of them together.

This is unbelievable!!!!! What else can be said???? By a ring for your 17 year old girlfriend, and your daughter is missing???? How about donating that money towards Haleigh!!!!!!!!!! How quick they seem to move on!!! I know this sounds harsh, but what else can be said?????? I know it is probably not right but I would have a hard time even looking at the person my child was LAST seen with and now missing WITHOUT a TRACE!!!!!!!!!!! I was pulling for Ron until NOW!!!!!!!! A good dad, I am sorry but what ARE his PRIORITIES??? HONESTLY!!!!!!! Can't talk to the media because they bad mouth him, nut can talk about his engagement!!!!!!! Is it just me or is this situation getting worse day by day????? JMO JMO

Bolded by me.

I think it would be absolutely normal to "have a hard time even looking at the person my child was LAST seen with and missing WITHOUT a TRACE!!!!!!!!!!"

Just like the cell phone story/analogy that was presented earlier in this thread...it is just how most of us react...human nature if you will...and yes, I would get over being upset and glaring at my husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend for breaking my phone...I don't think I could get over my husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend for losing my child!!!

LE has often said that they don't know what the crime is or when the crime took place so how could Ron have an absolute alibi for that?

Thank you for bringing that up again!

As for the whole 'proposal'...STUPID....STUPID....STUPID....STUPID....STUPID!!!!

Seriously, come on. ITA with debs that we are being asked to believe anything these people throw out there. Rings and expensive tattoos, there is always an excuse why they didnt actually spend money for them. I know a million tattooed people and I have NEVER ever seen anyone get a memorial tattoo for someone who isnt deceased. Seems first thing Ron did was run out and get some expensive ink, showing it off and wanting his old stuff re-worked. Now a diamond turns up. Just like the Ants coming up with new clothes and all, nobody working, except working the public. Sorry , Im sick of being PC watching all this carp.

Just to ease the skeptics and the doomers out there. Misty, personally, told us that Ron had asked her to marry her well over a month ago. She wanted to, however she thought waiting would give them more time for a full dress wedding. This was well before Haliegh went missing, and any of this happened. The statuatory rape charges , well I don't know, but I sincerely doubt anything is there. The man/wife testifying is out of Perry Mason. Go find another reason to be skeptical of Ron.. Look at where all of the rumors are coming from. Let us concentrate on finding Haliegh.

Sorry if this has been posted, but it looks like she had a nice manicure as well (again, not cheap and seems extravagant under the circumstances of a missing child):

Misty has always been careful about her personal hygiene as Ron was about the children and his (forgetting the body art). Her nails usually looked like that and she did them herself. So much for extravagant.

Just to ease the skeptics and the doomers out there. Misty, personally, told us that Ron had asked her to marry her well over a month ago. She wanted to, however she thought waiting would give them more time for a full dress wedding. This was well before Haliegh went missing, and any of this happened. The statuatory rape charges , well I don't know, but I sincerely doubt anything is there. The man/wife testifying is out of Perry Mason. Go find another reason to be skeptical of Ron.. Look at where all of the rumors are coming from. Let us concentrate on finding Haliegh.

Player
I am sorry that you disagree with some of the theories on here. But everyone is looking at all sides. This is a forum where people dig for info.

Most people who want to marry the person who proposed (prior to this happening) but can't afford the wedding they want right now say yes, become engaged, and plan said wedding in the future.

If he proposed a month ago and there is a family heirloom diamond for this purpose, why the need to propose again this week?

And I am assuming they are a bit busy at the moment to pull together this "full dress wedding" you indicate she is holding out for. Not mention where they would be getting the funds for this "full dress wedding" all of the sudden?

We would all be more than happy to focus on finding Haleigh. Perhaps someone could suggest to the family that they do the same. Weddings, house hunting, and memorial-tattoos-for-a-child-that-is-supposedly-not-known-to-be-dead could all probably be put on the backburner for now.

Seriously, come on. ITA with debs that we are being asked to believe anything these people throw out there. Rings and expensive tattoos, there is always an excuse why they didnt actually spend money for them. I know a million tattooed people and I have NEVER ever seen anyone get a memorial tattoo for someone who isnt deceased. Seems first thing Ron did was run out and get some expensive ink, showing it off and wanting his old stuff re-worked. Now a diamond turns up. Just like the Ants coming up with new clothes and all, nobody working, except working the public. Sorry , Im sick of being PC watching all this carp.

Person female/male.. FYI Ron has a great job and worked 10-12 hrs daily and Saturdays. Now if my NLRB and state laws tell me right he should have been paid 40hrs at S/T + 10 hrs at 1.5x + 15 hrs for each Sat..Based on 10 hrs a day.... For atotal of 65 hrs per week based on a 6 day week.

By the way the engagement ring was Rons grandmothers and passed to Rons' Mom and now to Misty.

oops i meant to say Misty. Haliegh is what this is all about

Sorry player, but this does strike me a little like the Rhianna/Chris Brown thing...marry and you cannot be compelled to testify against each other, lol.

As a side note, we don't typically see a whole lot of marriages around here where the bride is so young, so I am wondering what about their 6 + month relationship makes this child (for Misty is still a child, IMO) think that Ron is the be-all end all for her. His language towards her is pretty atrocious, jmo-with the age disparity, the language used towards her I would be worried that my loved one (if Misty were my loved one) was being locked into a domestic violence situation. I mean, at 17 the world should be her oyster-she should be thinking about graduating, maybe furthering her education, driving across country or traveling the world...settling down with someone as their second wife when there are other children who are not your biological children and a stressful situation with the ex (child support issues) is a tremendous weight for a child to bear....let's add into the mix the fact that a child went missing on her watch, and I am not sure that people shouldn't be poking around into this piece of news...for Misty's sake as well as Ron's.

IMVHO. :twocents:

What a beautiful ring! Wish my nail could look like that even if I had them done professionally done.

Misty has always been careful about her personal hygiene as Ron was about the children and his (forgetting the body art). Her nails usually looked like that and she did them herself. So much for extravagant.

So what? Still very distasteful to be planning a "wedding" and showing a ring off.... in a time like this...and YES, i think their lives SHOULD be on HOLD for Haleigh!!!! Guess Misty would rather play "bride"...this is all so Jerry Springer. ::::::gags and vomits::::: (and I don't care if I get "groaned" on this!!!! Groan away!!! It's SO the truth)

Person female/male.. FYI Ron has a great job and worked 10-12 hrs daily and Saturdays. Now if my NLRB and state laws tell me right he should have been paid 40hrs at S/T + 10 hrs at 1.5x + 15 hrs for each Sat..Based on 10 hrs a day.... For atotal of 65 hrs per week based on a 6 day week.quote]

Sounds like Misty was babysitting more than I thought.

Alrighty everyone - it's a good time for another reminder:

Attack the post, NOT the poster.

If you feel you are being attacked, hit ALERT, do not respond back.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member