Ross Harris Trial Jury Selection - Tweets, News & Discussion (Brunswick)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aungelique Proctor ‏@aungeliquefox5 11m11 minutes ago Downtown Brunswick
8 potential jurors told to return Oct.3rd. 4/8 believe Harris is guilty. Defense may strike them. #fox5atl

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 14m14 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #9's opinion: Not sure she can set it aside. "As a parent...it's just unfathomable." @wsbradio

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 13m13 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Juror #9 has a "fixed" opinion that is he is guilty. AND she'll be back Oct 3rd.

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 10m10 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #10's opinion: "I prejudged it without seeing any evidence..." wonders "how could" it happen @wsbradio

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 6m6 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #10's mom posted an article on Facebook, said "He needs to rot in jail." Juror not affected by mom's opinion. @wsbradio

Sloane Glass ‏@SloaneFOX5 3m3 minutes ago
Defense to potential juror "when you first heard about it you had the opinion 'he is guilty how could somebody do that?'" #RossHarris

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 2m2 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #10 says now, "I have more of an open mind." Realizes she hasn't heard evidence; can be fair, impartial. @wsbradio

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 4m4 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #11: has doc appts, eye surgeries in late September, early October. "Then I should be able to see all of you." @wsbradio

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 43s44 seconds ago
#RossHarris Juror #11: NOT told to come back 10/3. All agree no reason to keep her in pool of potentials; judge will excuse her @wsbradio

:thinking:

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 3m3 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #12: boyfriend's mom told her of case, said "I don't see how anybody can leave their child in a car for 7 hours" @wsbradio

#RossHarris Juror #11* doesn't watch/read much news; thinks she can be fair and impartial. "See you October 3," says judge. @wsbradio

(*I think she means #12)

#RossHarris Judge M. Staley Clark tells lawyers to discuss which jurors in this group to strike, keep; then, into 2nd panel of 12 @wsbradio

Wes Wolfe ‏@WesWolfeBN 8m8 minutes ago Brunswick, GA
We're through the sequestered voir dire on the first 12 jurors in #RossHarris. Challenges and strikes coming after 3:45 p.m.

Wes Wolfe ‏@WesWolfeBN 6m6 minutes ago Brunswick, GA
Nos. 6 and 11 have been excused -- 6 had an extensive arrest record, 11 had eye surgeries upcoming. #RossHarris

Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 7m7 minutes ago
First six jurors make it to final pool in #RossHarris case. One more in dispute.

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 5m5 minutes ago
#RossHarris lawyers agree to strike Jurors 3, 8, & 9; no motion from either side on Jurors 2, 4, 5, 7, 10, & 12. @wsbradio

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 4m4 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #1, a white male retiree, had said his opinion was that JRH "wasn't innocent" but "I didn't say he's guilty" @wsbradio

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Juror #9 - Woman "As a parent it really strikes a nerve, it's unfathomable." Both sides agree to strike.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 4m4 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Juror #11 was struck for medical.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 5m5 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Attorneys are now arguing for and against Juror #1.

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 1m1 minute ago
#RossHarris Judge GRANTS defense motion to strike Juror #1 for cause @wsbradio

Wes Wolfe ‏@WesWolfeBN 1m1 minute ago Brunswick, GA
Six jurors struck/excused, six stay. #RossHarris

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 15m15 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #13 is a nurse with more than 3 decades experience. Works with elderly; has worked with children. @wsbradio

#RossHarris Juror #13 has lots of jury service; was the foreperson on an armed robbery case. Most recent jury duty: a murder case. @wsbradio

Ross Harris Trial ‏@HarrisTrialFOX5 2m2 minutes ago
The personal questions continue: "who do you know whose been divorced?" #RossHarris #hotcardeath

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 18m18 minutes ago
Six #RossHarris jurors "qualified" -- 42 needed. Judge plays it close to the vest, keeping us in dark
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/signs-of-progress-as-hot-car-death-jury-begins-to-/nsYFs/ …

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 8m8 minutes ago Brunswick, GA
That's a wrap back tomorrow for Day 4 of #RossHarris jury selection #hotcardeath

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8m8 minutes ago
#RossHarris - Judge recessing for the day. This 2nd group will be back in the morning, juror #13 back at 2pm.

A BIG thanks to byo for all the updates today :tyou::tyou::tyou::tyou:

Veronica Waters ‏@MissVWaters 15m15 minutes ago
#RossHarris Juror #13 is a nurse with more than 3 decades experience. Works with elderly; has worked with children. @wsbradio

#RossHarris Juror #13 has lots of jury service; was the foreperson on an armed robbery case. Most recent jury duty: a murder case. @wsbradio

Ross Harris Trial ‏@HarrisTrialFOX5 2m2 minutes ago
The personal questions continue: "who do you know whose been divorced?" #RossHarris #hotcardeath

I was completely fascinated by juror 13. She has a such an interesting history. She has served on 4 juries, including being the foreperson. She has worked as a nurse for both the elderly and children. She said that she has worked with parents, both supportive and unsupportive during the care of their children. It was an interesting question posed by Kilgore. Kilgore also asked if she had worked with grieving parents, and she replied in the affirmative. However, the most intriguing part of her interview, which I did not see mentioned above, was that she recalled a situation where an officer gave conflicting testimony before the court. That case was over 8 years ago. She confirmed to Kilgore that made an impression on her. I am guessing that the DT wants juror 13.

ETA - Is anyone else listening to any of the juror interviews via live stream?

I was completely fascinated by juror 13. She has a such an interesting history. She has served on 4 juries, including being the foreperson. She has worked as a nurse for both the elderly and children. She said that she has worked with parents, both supportive and unsupportive during the care of their children. It was an interesting question posed by Kilgore. Kilgore also asked if she had worked with grieving parents, and she replied in the affirmative. However, the most intriguing part of her interview, which I did not see mentioned above, was that she recalled a situation where an officer gave conflicting testimony before the court. That case was over 8 years ago. She confirmed to Kilgore that made an impression on her. I am guessing that the DT wants juror 13.

ETA - Is anyone else listening to any of the juror interviews via live stream?

BBM I didn't know there was a live stream. Did I miss the link somewhere?

I am most intrigued by the fact that they moved this trial to Brunswick. This city is full of law enforcement, I've been there on at least 8 occassions myself, for training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

From yesterday:

Three jurors — a self-described “retired housewife,” a high school English teacher from St. Simons and a mother of three from Brunswick — said they could not put aside their belief that Harris was guilty.

Juror No. 4, who was dismissed for cause, said, “I don’t think there’s any excuse for leaving a child in a car. There’s no excuse for that. … That’s murder.”

Cobb County prosecutor Chuck Boring successfully got Staley Clark to strike Juror No. 6 because he’d failed to disclose a 1989 felony conviction. That in and of itself disqualified him from being able to serve on the jury. Moreover, the man — a contractor and father of four — also showed up to court “with an odor of marijuana about him,” Boring said. On top of that, he fell asleep for at least 15 minutes in the jury box as others were being questioned. “Let him go find himself some sleep somewhere,” Staley Clark said, when dismissing Juror No. 6.

Juror No. 1 was struck for cause over the prosecution’s objection. Juror No. 1 said he believed Harris was “not innocent” — an opinion solidified, he said, by the long list of charges against the former Home Depot web developer.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/hot-car-murder-trial-3-reasons-potential-jurors-we/nsYWF/

OK I never come to WS while at work but is anyone else listening to jury selection for JRH right now?
This potential juror has absolutley NO filter or edit button.....she is telling her entire life story! :gaah:

Wow just realized this trial is not really active here.
I thought this thread would be hopping...

I'm at work and can't listen. I guess since it is jury selection there are not as many listening?

Wow just realized this trial is not really active here.
I thought this thread would be hopping...

It seemed more active during the first jury selection.

I'm at work too and don't have access to Twitter, nor do I have time to listen to jury selection.

Found a MSM update for this morning:

One man said he may have a hard time sitting as a juror in the case because his wife has had three stillborn babies. His voice quavering, he said he can’t watch TV shows that deal with children who have medical issues because of his personal heartache. This prospective juror, who owns his own landscape construction business, will be questioned more in depth about his views at a later time when jurors are questioned individually by the prosecution and defense.

One other prospective juror, a kindergarten teacher, disclosed that her husband suffered a catastrophic injury at work several years ago when he worked at the water department. She noted she has had to care for him ever since.

One other juror, a man who sells collectibles and computer games on eBay, noted he moved to the Golden Isles from California more than a decade ago because his father was suffering from terminal cancer. He also said an extremely close friend of his unexpectedly committed suicide by hanging himself.

Another juror revealed that she’d been removed from her home when she was young because her parents abused her.

Jury selection continued with a new constant: the sound of coughs and muffled sneezes. Two of the 11 prospective jurors seated in the jury box appeared to be extremely ill. One had a constant, hacking cough; the other was so congested lawyers strained to hear her answers. Two more looked like they were coming down with something.

The two jurors who looked the most ill have sat on both sides of the owner of the landscape construction company for two days now. On Wednesday, he appeared fine. On Thursday, he was coughing.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/tragedy-heartache-surface-during-hot-car-case-jury/nsYd7/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298