@JustinTrudeau

·
6m
Officiel du gouvernement - Canada
DPM
@cafreeland
and I just spoke with President
@ZelenskyyUa
about the horrific attacks at the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant. These unacceptable attacks by Russia must cease immediately.
https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1499582596006752257?s=20&t=D9VJ2l-O3tfmrco5q6bumQ

ETA: look at the twitter messages of all the G7 countries. They’re all demanding that Russia cease fire. Almost verbatim the same message above.

Last edited:
Super fast Nextant 400XTi headed out of Moscow; across northern Belarus and now down through Poland and into Slovakia.
Unknown destination.
Flight BE4W.

Yeah, it's attracting a lot of attention on FR24.

Could be going most anywhere. I'd guess to Turkey then across the Black Sea towards Dubai or such

Seems to be bucking a partial headwind, slowing it down a bit.

Last edited:
HOMER52, a big US based Rivet Joint surveillance plane is up and over Bulgaria heading towards eastern Romania. It seems to be based in Greece right now.

It's pretty hilarious when you're deep into FR24 and you don't recognize the cities or the language and have no idea what country you are looking at.:cool:

Last edited:
President Zelensky:
https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1499574413095751683?s=20&t=pGslv4RdeRYWfVfdxNRiPQ

He is saying this is ‘urgent!’ It is the first time in history that a nuclear plant has been targeted. An explosion would mean the ‘end’ of Europe.

Translation:

View attachment 335536 View attachment 335537 View attachment 335538
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1499576621283840000?s=20&t=pGslv4RdeRYWfVfdxNRiPQ

I don't care how many other sources claim that everything is under control. I trust Zelinsky. He's a truthteller.

CBS News
@CBSNews

27m

"Europe needs to wake up": Ukraine President Zelensky issues a dire plea to world powers as Europe's largest nuclear power plant is on fire from Russian shelling. https://cbsn.ws/3IIez5w

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1499586058727608323?s=20&t=zAjQCWz9sd3u1i6hY6mTuQ

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1

27m

Reuters: U.S. ENERGY SECRETARY GRANHOLM SAYS THE DEPARTMENT HAS ACTIVATED ITS NUCLEAR INCIDENT RESPONSE TEAM AND IS MONITORING EVENTS AT THE UKRAINE NUCLEAR PLANT

The Kyiv Independent@KyivIndependent·18h⚡️Zelensky: We have survived two world wars, three famines, the Holocaust, Babyn Yar, the Great Purge, the Chornobyl explosion, the occupation of Crimea, and the war in the east of our state.
"They wanted to destroy us so many times, but they couldn't," he said.

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1499319891161137155

Last edited:
The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 2 hours ago
⚡️Pentagon: 90% of Russian combat power pre-staged at Ukraine’s borders have already entered Ukraine. White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki cited the Pentagon at a briefing on March 3.
Psaki also said "it continues to be Russia’s aspiration to take Kyiv."

⚡️Air raid alerts in Zhytomyr.
Residents should go to the nearest shelter.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 1 hour ago
⚡️Russia is demanding Telegram remove bots that search the platform for evidence of Russian servicemen captured or killed in Ukraine.
Additionally, investigative bodies have been instructed to prosecute perpetrators.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 48 minutes ago
⚡️The Russian military seized a TV broadcasting tower in the southern city of Kherson.
As a result, there are concerns that it will be used to disseminate misinformation across this city.

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter - 12 minutes ago
⚡️UNESCO calls on Russia to respect Ukraine’s cultural heritage, cessation of attacks on civilian facilities.
The U.N.’s cultural agency is currently working to assess Ukraine’s educational and cultural institutions as well as the country’s seven World Heritage sites.

Victor Kovalenko on Twitter - Video
Emergency video address of the #Ukraine President @ZelenskyyUa regarding the tonight attack on the #Zaporizhzha #nuclearpowerplant. Read my translation below in the thread ⬇️

[2] The #Ukraine President
@ZelenskyyUa
: “Europe has to wake up [in the middle of the night]. The biggest European nuclear power plant is on fire. Right now, the Russian tanks are firing at the nuclear blocks. Those tanks have IR guidance systems, so they know what they fire at.”

[3] The #Ukraine Pres.
@ZelenskyyUa
: “I am talking to Ukrainians, Europeans, anybody who knows the word Chernobyl, who knows how many deaths was caused by that explosion. It was a global catastrophe. Hundreds of thousands of people had to diminish the aftermath of that incident.”

The Kyiv Independent on Twitter
⚡️The International Atomic Energy Agency reports that the Ukraine regulator has not detected a change in radiation levels at the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant site, following a fire that broke out at the plant after a Russian shelling on March 4.

Julian Borger on Twitter
Joe Biden spoke to Volodymyr Zelenskiy about the nuclear plant attack, according to the White House readout. They urged Russia to cease hostilities and “allow firefighters and emergency responders to access the site.”

Ukraine latest news: Fire breaks out at nuclear power plant after shelling - BBC News
[...]

Energodar Mayor Dmytro Orlov has now told told a broadcaster that fighting at the nuclear plant has now stopped, says BBC Ukrainian.

It comes after the plant reportedly sustained several hours of heavy shelling.

According to Ukrainian emergency officials, the fighting sparked fires on the third, fourth and fifth floor of a building at the nuclear complex.

Last edited:
Ukraine Airbnbs being booked to get money to people in war zone | kens5.com
People who want to quickly get money to Ukrainians have come up with a simple way to make it happen. They're reportedly booking stays at Airbnb's in the country, even with no intention of going there.

The Guardian reports one couple made a booking for March 3-10 in Kyiv.

"Hello Maria," they wrote in their Airbnb confirmation which was posted on Twitter. "My wife and I have booked your apartment for one week - but of course we will not be visiting. This is just so you can receive some money. We wish we could do more to help you and the people of Kiev."

Airbnb Help on Twitter
We can confirm we are waiving all guest and Host fees on all bookings in Ukraine at this time.

Man in Poland opens home to Ukrainians seeking refuge from war-torn homeland (fox29.com)
"When they've turned up at my place, they've been so exhausted, they can hardly talk," said Ney, who spoke to FOX 29's Chris O'Connell from his home in Warsaw around midnight.

Ney had just taken in three Ukrainian refugees off the street who traveled an estimated 30 hours to seek shelter.

"We don't know each other. We've never met each other before. I really have no idea who they are. But they're welcome in my home," Ney said.

Poland and its neighbors are familiar with war-torn strife from the scars of World War II and Ney believes it's what has inspired so many people to offer help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member