Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That's it.

It feels like some sort of crazy live-stream countdown on the implosion of the largest nuclear plant in Europe. Putin is ruthless. That sort of nuclear power radiation would engulf the planet, and Putin could claim that he has not released any nuclear weapons from his underground lair.

11:19

Fire breaks out at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant
A fire has broken out in Europe’s largest nuclear power plant located in Zaporizhzhya, according to an announcement from the mayor of the nearby town of Enerhodar.

“As a result of continuous enemy shelling of buildings and units of the largest nuclear power plant in Europe, the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant is on fire,” Enerhodar Mayor Dmytro Orlov said on his Telegram channel, citing what he called a threat to world security. He did not give details, Reuters reports.

Orlov recorded a short video message which has now been shared my multiple local Ukrainian media outlets, urging Russian troops to immediately stop shelling the plant.

Orlov earlier said Ukrainian forces were battling Russian troops on the city’s outskirts. and reported that a Russian military column was heading toward the nuclear plant. Loud shots and rocket fire were heard late Thursday.

According to a Telegram message posted by an employee at the plant, Russian troops fired at the nuclear facility.

“Attention! Equipment of the Russian Federation is firing at the Zaporozhye NPP. There is a real threat of nuclear danger at the largest nuclear power plant in Europe. We demand a ceasefire from heavy equipment at the Zaporozhye NPP!”

Ukrainian news agencies UNIAN and Hromadske also report that a fire has started at the nuclear power plant.
Russia-Ukraine war latest news: mayor of Enerhodar reports fire at nuclear power plant after Russian shelling – live

This was an article I read and it named the US dignitary who had some form of relationship with Putin whereby he had multiple dealings with him and he came out of a meeting and specifically said that he was authorised to say this and this only, no more details would be discussed. I am trying to find it because it was either aBBC article or a WS approved article but there are that many in circulation every 24 hours that I have to painstakingly go back through my internet search history

i saw this but it wasn’t this article
I have found it but I don’t know if it’s an approved source - Yahoo?
Well I have found one of them
The one who put his name to it and said he was allowed to say this and no more, I still haven’t found and I need to sleep now as it’s 0100am so I will continue to look tomorrow but his name may have been Carl something???? I know, not helpful

I can't really make it out on the live YouTube video. I'm not sure it can be linked here anyway.

I don't know. But I'm not sure using artillery near a fricken nuclear power plant is a good military strategy.

It's as stupid as it is terrifying.

Is this going to force NATO to step in? All bets off if the whole world is at risk?

And we are really expecting this miserable sod to allow "humanitarian corridors" to safely provide civilian evacuation and supplies of foods and medicines into Ukraine?

His troops are firing on the largest nuclear power plant in Europe.

Look how close those reactors are to the water, radioactivity could eventually contaminate the entire Black Sea from there.

54929745-10575179-image-a-21_1646356116982.jpg

Last edited:
Steve Herman@W7VOA ·35m#Russia reportedly shelling the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant in #Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/W7VOA

NEXTA@nexta_tv · 1h⚡️You can watch what is happening at the plant online
Link:

I see the fire just right of the middle of the screen.

I guess this might be the "fresh hell" I wondered about earlier today in reference to the 2nd round of talks. That or they still can't aim. JMO

Are they trying to turn off the generator at the nuclear plant? If they turn it off, will it reduce the impact? Not sure what I'm asking, but wondering what the emergency options are.

Don't they try to pull the radioactive rods out from their chambers?

That relies on having a functional power supply and enough water to cool the chamber

Here: *Print a copy for home use*

Shutdown of a nuclear power plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members