Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 20220303_193327.jpg
    20220303_193327.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220303_193558.jpg
    20220303_193558.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 51
Putin screen grabs from 2019 and now. I noticed the irony in the 2019 one. Anyway, you can compare 2.5 years difference.

Sources:

Putin on Greta: 'I don't share the enthusiasm'

Ukraine conflict: Who's in Putin's inner circle and running the war?

He looks very chipper and alert in that 2019 photo.

The recent photo looks a little like Horner's syndrome, a type of nerve damage that can be caused by lots of things. His speech looks OK and he doesn't have a big facial droop so I don't think this is Bell's palsy or something like facial nerve damage from parotid gland surgery.

Bruce Cockburn - If I Had A Rocket Launcher (Live 8 2005)

Maybe this one.
Russia President Putin's behavior raises mental health questions - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
BY LAURA KINGSTAFF WRITER
FEB. 28, 2022 4:03 PM PT

''Is he genuinely unbalanced, they ask, or just letting everyone think he is? Or some combination of the two? Or something else?
Some veteran observers are wary of drawing conclusions from afar.''

March 2, 2022
''But others who have kept a close eye on the 69-year-old Russian leader during his more than two decades in power believe some fundamental personality shift has occurred — whether because of physical illness, drawn-out isolation prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the insularity and sycophancy of Putin’s inner circle, or a burning sense of historical insult coupled with aspirations of imperial grandeur.

In recent photos and footage, he even looks different — puffy-faced and sometimes seeming to move stiffly.''

“I personally think he’s unhinged,” James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, said Sunday on CNN. “I worry about his acuity and balance.”
I started reading The 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene last week (because I’m a nerd), and “create fear among your enemies” with unpredictable behavior was literally one of the strategies mentioned in the book. It speaks about how madmen with nothing to lose beat their enemies into submission because no one wants to go to war with an erratic leader.

Maybe this one.
Russia President Putin's behavior raises mental health questions - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

''Is he genuinely unbalanced, they ask, or just letting everyone think he is? Or some combination of the two? Or something else?

March 2, 2022
''But others who have kept a close eye on the 69-year-old Russian leader during his more than two decades in power believe some fundamental personality shift has occurred — whether because of physical illness, drawn-out isolation prompted by the COVID-19 pandemic, the insularity and sycophancy of Putin’s inner circle, or a burning sense of historical insult coupled with aspirations of imperial grandeur.

In recent photos and footage, he even looks different — puffy-faced and sometimes seeming to move stiffly.''

“I personally think he’s unhinged,” James Clapper, the former director of national intelligence, said Sunday on CNN. “I worry about his acuity and balance.”

Acuity and balance? Putin? I think that's about a different president. Putin seems to be eating too much and to be paranoid about sitting near his cabinet. Has Putin had covid?

I've seen a number of articles discussing that Putin may be ill, but it's always "top secret" with speculation. No one has named the reason that he may have suddenly gone mad.

Ukraine, USSR, Russia, territory, war.

"It was during a bizarre meeting of Russia's security council, three days before the invasion, that Mr Patrushev pushed his view that the US's "concrete goal" was the break-up of Russia.

The session was an extraordinary piece of theatre, showing the president holding court behind a desk as one by one his security team walked up to a lectern and expressed their opinion on recognising the independence of Russian-backed rebels in Ukraine.

Nikolai Patrushev passed the test. "He's the one who has the chief battle cry, and there's a sense in which Putin has moved towards his more extreme position," says Ben Noble."
Ukraine conflict: Who's in Putin's inner circle and running the war?
This was an article I read and it named the US dignitary who had some form of relationship with Putin whereby he had multiple dealings with him and he came out of a meeting and specifically said that he was authorised to say this and this only, no more details would be discussed. I am trying to find it because it was either aBBC article or a WS approved article but there are that many in circulation every 24 hours that I have to painstakingly go back through my internet search history

Maybe this one.

March 2, 2022

i saw this but it wasn’t this article
I have found it but I don’t know if it’s an approved source - Yahoo?

The Kyiv Independent@KyivIndependent·1m⚡️Russian forces are firing at Europe's largest nuclear power plant, the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Station in Enerhodar, a city on the Dnipro River that accounts for about one-quarter of Ukraine’s power generation.
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent
The city’s Mayor Dmytro Orlov said the plant is now on fire.

My son just said there's a fire going on somewhere there? I'm trying to see, but I'm literally shaking
I can't really make it out on the live YouTube video. I'm not sure it can be linked here anyway.

I don't know. But I'm not sure using artillery near a fricken nuclear power plant is a good military strategy.

It's as stupid as it is terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member