Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pentagon has established a channel of direct communication with the Russian ministry of defense to avoid unintended conflict related to the war in Ukraine.

A U.S. defense official said the “de-confliction line” was established March 1 “for the purpose of preventing miscalculation, military incidents, and escalation.” The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the communication line has not been announced.

Live updates: US establishes direct line with Russia

Right! I believe the travel bans are actually going to hurt the wealthy oligarchs more than the money sanctions and asset seizures. These guys are used to living a life filled with luxury travel. Their potential travel destinations are extremely limited now. Like have fun sailing or jet setting to Iran and North Korea, guys!

GAWD I hope so.

I was briefly trying to follow the Twitter of Jack Sweeney, the 19 year old who is following the oligarch jets and it was so hard to keep up.

Roman Abramovich was in 4 different countries in a week. UK, Costa Rica, Turkey, Russia

Or at least one of his planes was.

Maybe picking up some fresh mangoes from Costa Rica, some nice coffee in Turkey, and replenishing his Russian caviar stock.

Just like a trip to the grocery store and a quick stop at the ATM.

Last edited:
Well, the Quad meeting didn't go well. The US, Aus and Japan failed to win India over. India still insists on remaining neutral.

Although all 4 parties did agree on expanded humanitarian and disaster relief measures in the Indo-Pacific region.

Quad meeting fails to unite in condemnation for Russian war in Ukraine

I think India would like to avoid being a target for Russian nuclear warheads at all costs.

And right now that's a good place to be. No sanctions, no Indian oligarch's cages being rattled.

India just keeping their heads down right now

GAWD I hope so.

I was briefly trying to follow the Twitter of Jack Sweeney, the 19 year old who is following the oligarch jets and it was so hard to keep up.

Roman Abramovich was in 4 different countries in a week. UK, Costa Rica, Turkey, Russia

Or at least one of his planes was.

Maybe picking up some fresh mangoes from Costa Rica, some nice coffee in Turkey, and replenishing his Russian caviar stock.

I thought I spotted one headed for Seychelles the other day. But, I've decided I shouldn't post everything I think ;)

Yes, you are right but they took it down...not broadcasting a message for the ignorant Russian people (obviously there are a lot who understand already what this is all about, but they were silenced) about what is really going on.
Well hasn’t Putin brought out a new law today that any person that is found out to be discussing ‘fake news’ about the Russian/Ukraine situation ( in other words, anyone found out to be discussing the truth) will automatically be sentenced to 15 years in jail ?

Bombadier Jet # 9742 MMAVP is in Male' in the Maldives.

Flew in yesterday from Moscow 8 hour, 3500 mile flight

Belongs to A. Rotenberg, according to Jack Sweeney

BFF of Mr. Putin and has been the object of US sanctions multiple times.

The airport in Male' looks like it takes up about half the island with the other half totally back-to-back buildings. It's not going to hold all that many private jets, especially if they are going to sequester their Boeing 737's there

Last edited:
What a nightmare for those kids...

More than 500 international students trapped in Ukrainian town battered by shelling

Emmanuel Akinwotu, Julian Borger and Lisa O’Carroll report:

More than 500 international students are trapped in Sumy, a town 40km from Ukraine’s northeast border that has been battered by days of shelling by Russian forces.

Most of the students are Nigerian, while others are from Ghana, Ethiopia, Angola, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ireland, India, Lebanon and Turkey. They have all suddenly found themselves stranded in a war zone.

Trains and buses have stopped running; roads and bridges out of the city have been destroyed and fighting has been reported in the city’s streets.

The students have remained in five hostel buildings since the Russian invasion began last week, after advice from their university to stay behind – even as many Ukrainian students fled.

Oluwaseun Adefemi, a Nigerian medical student who arrived in Sumy in January, said that food and water supplies were already running low and it was no longer safe to head to local stores.

“We are hearing blasts every day. We have to run into our bunkers each time. Yesterday we heard the blasts at six or seven in the morning. When we hear them, we run to the basement – that’s our makeshift bunker,” he said, speaking by telephone late on Wednesday.

“We are running out of food, we’re running out of water. What we have now is mainly soda water,” Adefemi said.

While the conflict has so far mainly focused on the outskirts of the city, fears are rising that troops may soon enter the city.

Russia-Ukraine war latest news: Zelenskiy asks Putin for direct talks after Macron tells Russian president he is making a ‘major mistake’ – live

George Orwell and doublespeak.
Think it....just don't speak it. Russia is sounding more and more like true paradise-on-earth.

In reality, I'm curious if the population there is used to this authoritarianism on steroids, and/or if this is just becomes more evidence to the everyday Russian citizen that's something's really rotten in Denmark, aka Ukraine.

Last edited:
No-fly-zone plea from former Ukraine President.

"Former Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko is pleading with Canada and its NATO allies to enforce a no-fly zone above his country as the Russian military intensifies its aerial bombardment.

Poroshenko said a no-fly zone would give the Ukrainian military a better chance to repel the Russian invasion, which ultimately would benefit Europe and the entire West.

"We're fighting for the security in Europe here, fighting for France, for Germany, for Poland, for Spain. And can you imagine, we're here fighting for Canada," Poroshenko said in an interview with CBC's Power & Politics.

Poroshenko spoke from downtown Kyiv alongside members of a Ukrainian battalion just minutes after air raid sirens were sounded."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poroshenko-no-fly-zone-1.6370760

No-fly-zone plea from former Ukraine President.

"Former Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko is pleading with Canada and its NATO allies to enforce a no-fly zone above his country as the Russian military intensifies its aerial bombardment.

Poroshenko said a no-fly zone would give the Ukrainian military a better chance to repel the Russian invasion, which ultimately would benefit Europe and the entire West.

"We're fighting for the security in Europe here, fighting for France, for Germany, for Poland, for Spain. And can you imagine, we're here fighting for Canada," Poroshenko said in an interview with CBC's Power & Politics.

Poroshenko spoke from downtown Kyiv alongside members of a Ukrainian battalion just minutes after air raid sirens were sounded."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poroshenko-no-fly-zone-1.6370760

I'm not seeing any flights at all over Ukraine since everything started.

Is this not yet official?

He looks bloated of face to me
Yesterday one of the many many articles I digested, went deeper into the possibilities of health concerns after some concerning observations were made by a US representative and the term referred to was about Putin seeing a Neuropsychologist. So I went down that rabbit hole and other than the obvious neuropathy and dementia and Alzheimer’s, there was talk of TBI or brain tumour. This is my non medical background assess of possibility because the puffiness of his face could be because of steroids being ingested which my friend with a brain tumour also has high steroid doses. But moreso it talks about the noticeable personality changes that can occur and this fits Putins behaviour to a t!
Then look at his eyes in the video of him further up this thread on the previous page, he is in a meeting sat at a small desk and faced across the ornately decorated room are 30 of his security cabinet and he is drilling one of his very close confidants about wether he supports the action taken in Ukraine and the person replying is replying shambolicly and is finding it hard to reply and Putin baits him to embarrass him and it’s cringeworthy. But look at Putins eyes, IMOO one seems to be more affected than the other, almost squinting shut. So maybe there is some truth and mileage in him being irrational and Machiavellian because of illness? Who knows but if that’s the case then it’s even more worrisome
Finally found the video link of the security council meeting. But I’m still looking for the article referencing potential I’ll health concerns and change in behaviour displayed. Ukraine conflict: Who's in Putin's inner circle and running the war?

What a nightmare for those kids...

More than 500 international students trapped in Ukrainian town battered by shelling

Emmanuel Akinwotu, Julian Borger and Lisa O’Carroll report:

More than 500 international students are trapped in Sumy, a town 40km from Ukraine’s northeast border that has been battered by days of shelling by Russian forces.

Most of the students are Nigerian, while others are from Ghana, Ethiopia, Angola, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ireland, India, Lebanon and Turkey. They have all suddenly found themselves stranded in a war zone.

Trains and buses have stopped running; roads and bridges out of the city have been destroyed and fighting has been reported in the city’s streets.

The students have remained in five hostel buildings since the Russian invasion began last week, after advice from their university to stay behind – even as many Ukrainian students fled.

Oluwaseun Adefemi, a Nigerian medical student who arrived in Sumy in January, said that food and water supplies were already running low and it was no longer safe to head to local stores.

“We are hearing blasts every day. We have to run into our bunkers each time. Yesterday we heard the blasts at six or seven in the morning. When we hear them, we run to the basement – that’s our makeshift bunker,” he said, speaking by telephone late on Wednesday.

“We are running out of food, we’re running out of water. What we have now is mainly soda water,” Adefemi said.

While the conflict has so far mainly focused on the outskirts of the city, fears are rising that troops may soon enter the city.

Russia-Ukraine war latest news: Zelenskiy asks Putin for direct talks after Macron tells Russian president he is making a ‘major mistake’ – live

This absolutely breaks my heart!!
These young adults are fending for themselves in a foreign country. I can't imagine how their parents are handling this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1