Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol! Depends on whether you are American or British or Irish or whatever. Ukrainians definitely go to hospital as there is no definite article in the Ukrainian language but visiting Americans probably go to the hospital while visiting Brits or Irish people go to hospital. Sorry I have derailed this thread with linguistics...

I am an American who lived in the uK for a couple of years... so that was the reason I brought up the little sidenote regarding THE hospital university etc!!

I agree is definitely strange no idea what is it about.

For convenience: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

They say (flight tracker) it's a plane of the Rossiya Special Flight Squadron.
What is the special flight squadron?

The Special Flight Squadron is operating under the command of the Kremlin and is used to transport high ranking government officials, representatives of special services and the armed forces.

??

I wondered why people kept referring to it that way. I turned to my husband and said… “Why do I keep hearing people say in the Ukraine? We don’t say in the France, or in the Poland, or in the Russia.” I thought maybe it was a lost in translation type of thing.

That's interesting. I just figured it was acceptable, like in "the United States," or in "the West Indies."

@ChadPergram

All senators will join Ukraianian ldr Zelenskyy on a virtual conference call this morning

The only thing that worries me is Zelensky pushing for a no-fly zone enforced by NATO. I think that's inadvisable and incredibly dangerous. I think it would inevitably lead to the war spreading outside of the Ukraine. But, Zelensky is charismatic and he comes across as sincere.

I hope cooler heads prevail. This regional conflict has the potential of spreading if the powers that be are not very careful.

For convenience: Live Flight Tracker - Real-Time Flight Tracker Map | Flightradar24

The Special Flight Squadron is operating under the command of the Kremlin and is used to transport high ranking government officials, representatives of special services and the armed forces.

??

Thats even more strange I didn’t know there is anything happening in Washington like some kind of meeting?

This was just posted in Swedish news

A Russian state plane is on its way to Washington DC. The plane flew from St. Petersburg at 09:41 local time and is expected to land in the USA at 12:40 local time (18:40 Swedish time).

The same plane flew from Moscow to St. Petersburg yesterday.”

Anyone know what’s that about? I found this flight on flightradar its under Rossiya name and passing under Iceland now.

Source:
Liverapportering: Ryska invasionen av Ukraina

Might be a piece of the puzzle I need.

7:35 AM, EST.....Just watched Airbus helicopter leave area of WH from Joint Base Anacostia Bolling, directly across the Potomac River is Regan National and returned to the Base.

Also noted MANY UK helicopter patrolling the North coast and coast near London.

I'm think somethings up. Major increase in air patrols on borders.
Moo...

Strange. I though the USA banned all flights from Russian airlines. Rossiya is a Russian airline headquartered in Saint Petersburg. From this home base and from Moscow passenger, cargo and charter flights are operated both within Russia and to Western Europe and Asia.

??

OMG....Google says....

Russian presidential aircraft - Wikipedia

The Russian presidential aircraft are aircraft of the Russian presidential fleet used by the President of Russia and other government officials, the presidential fleet is operated by Rossiya Airlines.

Ambassador Yuriy Filatov tells Russian state TV relations with Ireland hardly exist and Russian children are being bullied here

In an extraordinary interview with Russia-24, Russia’s ambassador to Ireland said the country was to the forefront in the EU of anti-Russia events over Ukraine invasion

The Russian Ambassador to Ireland, Yuriy Filatov, has told a Russian TV channel that Ireland is at the forefront of the European Union in staging anti-Russian events.

In an extraordinary interview that has caused disquiet among Russian residents of Ireland, Mr Filatov listed out a series of complaints against the treatment of Russians in Ireland to Russia-24, the state-owned Russian-language news channel.

(...)

In a week when the United Nations estimates Russia’s bombardment of civilians in their homes, schools, and hospitals has forced a million people to flee Ukraine, the ambassador spoke of damage to Russia’s Dublin embassy from Irish protestors and Russian children being bullied in Irish schools.

(...)

In the interview with Russia-24, he claimed the Irish didn’t understand the situation and took sides without analysis.

When asked about threats to Russians in Ireland at the start of the interview, which has also been viewed on YouTube in Russia by thousands, he said the situation was “frankly difficult” and protested that the media was portraying a biased version of events in relation to Ukraine.

He said: “Naturally the general political situation is simply hostile towards Russia and everything Russia.

“A very negative role, of course, is being played by mass media that shows an absolutely tendentious picture of the events happening in Ukraine at the political level, but Ireland is in the forefront in the European Union and wider with regards to various anti-Russian events.

“In this regard, it is probably hardly possible to talk now about any relations between Russia and Ireland. We are mainly supporting a channel of communication with the Irish."

(...)

He quoted Russia’s Minister for Foreign Affairs, Sergey Lavrov, with a reference to the West going “crazy” over the Ukraine invasion.

(...)

The ambassador went viral globally last week after an RTÉ interview on the Six One News in which presenter David McCullagh called the Russian Ambassador an “apologist for slaughter”.

There have been calls for Mr Filatov and other Russian diplomats to be expelled from Ireland over Vladimir Putin’s bloody invasion of Ukraine, but the Irish Government has resisted, saying we need to keep diplomatic channels open in order to help Irish people still in Russia and Ukraine.

(...)

In a week when Amnesty International reported indiscriminate attacks on civilian areas and hospitals by the Russian army, the ambassador said the Irish embassy in Rathmines in Dublin is in “extreme tension”.

The embassy has been the focus of protests, with red paint thrown at the insignia at the front gate.

(...)

He said there was a “police presence” with the embassy continuing to work as usual but he added: “It's not an easy psychological background.”

He said Russian people had come to the embassy with reports of children being bullied at school.

“This is very sad, because in general in my opinion, Irish are kind and responsive but sometimes when absolutely don't understand the situation they take sides without any analysis and they act based on it. This is influencing our kids unfortunately who are studying here,” Mr Filatov said.

(...)

A leading member of the Russian community in Ireland said there was major concern over the interview and wanted it made clear that Ambassador Filatov does not represent the views of the Russian community in the country.

"Many Russian people living in Ireland have gone on Twitter to voice their objections to the interview and to say he doesn't represent them,” they said.

"They also know going public about their views means they can no longer go back to Russia until Putin is dead.

"This was on a major news programme that everybody would have been watching in Russia. It's very hostile."

(...)

Higher education minister Simon Harris said the the Irish people’s view of the war in Ukraine was misrepresented by Mr Filatov.

Minister Harris dismissed the Ambassador’s interview as a “distraction” and said it was far from surprising.

“Our disgust and horror is with the Putin regime and not with the people of Russia. The people of Russia will continue to be protected and welcome here - there’s many in our schools and universities,” he said.

“To have an Ambassador telling his own Russian television… misrepresenting the Irish people’s stance is sadly not surprising at this stage.”

(...)

Minister Harris said the “one factual thing” that Minister Filatov alluded to was that relations between Russia and the West are “in tatters” because of the illegal invasion of Ukraine and their “horrific and disgusting behaviour”.

(...)

Strange. I though the USA banned all flights from Russian airlines. Rossiya is a Russian airline headquartered in Saint Petersburg. From this home base and from Moscow passenger, cargo and charter flights are operated both within Russia and to Western Europe and Asia.

??

Well, I'm betting the meeting has WH officials or the have taken they Russian officials to the WH.

Something told me to go check the WH on FT.

The only thing that worries me is Zelensky pushing for a no-fly zone enforced by NATO. I think that's inadvisable and incredibly dangerous. I think it would inevitably lead to the war spreading outside of the Ukraine. But, Zelensky is charismatic and he comes across as sincere.

I hope cooler heads prevail. This regional conflict has the potential of spreading if the powers that be are not very careful.

In complete agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member