Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair question.... but how to answer?? I just don't think we have lived in this tumultuous a time, with media coverage...... EVER. This is such unchartered territory and horror.
I, for one, have found Al Jazerra to be pretty solid showing multiple views, but I do not follow them constantly .... but I am posting a recent post of theirs to keep engaging your question.. I would appreciate others opinions to Aljazerra, AND your more global question......

Mariupol shelling resumes after talks produce no ceasefire deal

Me personally I can get along with Aljazeera news outlets.

“Last week Russian media sites were hacked by a group claiming to belong to the Anonymous hackers network and replaced pages with a ‘tombstone’ in honour of the war dead.

Huawei, which reportedly has five research centres in Russia, is said to have ‘rushed to Russia’s aid’ to support its internet network in the face of the attacks.

A report, which appeared on a Chinese news site but was later deleted, claimed that Huawei would use its research centres to train ‘50,000 technical experts in Russia’

BBM

Chinese telecoms giant Huawei has been helping Putin's efforts to stabilise Russia's internet | Daily Mail Online

This brings up another longer range question. We all know that so much of the international hacking has been coming out of Russia for years. I ponder what may come of this. in general, hackers are going to be able to get more of the correct information rather than the government run misinformation
I have always just thought Russian hackers were in all this because of the money... are they true Russian patriots/

thoughts for another day.

This brings up another longer range question. We all know that so much of the international hacking has been coming out of Russia for years. I ponder what may come of this. in general, hackers are going to be able to get more of the correct information rather than the government run misinformation
I have always just thought Russian hackers were in all this because of the money... are they true Russian patriots/

thoughts for another day.

I've been reading more about China cyber espionage... from the 2020 stolen data that endangered undercover agents on several continents to more recent happenings. Also, no matter what's been reported lately, I am always more concerned if/when I read China and Russia in the same sentence. jmo

ETA: China has the cyber super power and Russia has the most nuclear weapons. What a scary world it's become :(

Cyber firm: At least 6 US state governments hacked by China

How China built a one-of-a-kind cyber-espionage behemoth to last

DPG Media Privacy Gate

Sting and other celebrities present plan to crack down on Russia
'The fate of the world is sealed in Kiev'. That dramatic headline is above an open letter from singer Sting, writer Salman Rushdie, actor Sean Penn and philosopher Bernard-Henri Levi on the site of the French newspaper Libération.

The four present a list of ten measures that should be imposed immediately on Russia to end the conflict.

Sting already got his old song Russians out of mothballs, in protest against the war. The four stars say they are shocked by the violence against the civilian population. Bomb shelters are being converted into classrooms, hospitals are being destroyed, children are being born in fortified metro stations. And in view of this, the Ukrainian army, supported by tens of thousands of civilians, takes up arms, looks up and defends its cities. But watch out! They don't just defend their cities. These units of seasoned soldiers, these teachers, these restaurant owners, these workers, these dancers, these women and men from all walks of life and insurgents also defend our freedom. They fight for an open and emancipated world. They are fighting on the front line for us Europeans'.

Very cute...I wish them lots of success. BTW I love Stings' song, always did.

I mainly use BBC (nice to see that article says “The BBC is the global standard bearer for excellence in broadcast radio and TV journalism”) I find it’s a safe/staid bet for home and world news. Reuters occasionally but I don’t love the format. And Daily Mail when I want to look at pictures :cool:
You had me with Daily Mail and photos. :)

For me, I will never read nor click on Al Jazeera. My cousin is married to an Egyptian and he says that their slant has been subtly biased in favor of some terrorist activities.

Don't expect to be agreed with here, but he's a native Arabic speaker and that's what he says.

And for pictures, even though they frequently misspell, IMO no one is better than the Daily Mail.

This is crazy.....

2 hours ago 13:57 Francesca Edwards

Russia has never threatened NATO, foreign ministry says

Russia warns it could target airports next

Russia has warned that Europe airports and transport could be the next target

Foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakhorova said called on the European Union and NATO to "stop the thoughtless flooding of the unviable Kyib regime in order to avoid enormous risk to international civilian aviation and other means of transport in Europe and beyond."

Does this mean they seriously considering bombing European airports, or is she loosing it!!!??? Or this is simply not said.....WTH

So what is it?

Russia has never threatened NATO, foreign ministry says

March 9 (Reuters) - Russia has never threatened NATO and does not threaten the Western military alliance now, Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said on Wednesday, adding that her country still must react to NATO's "confrontational course".

Reporting by Reuters; Editing by Alison Williams

Ukraine updates: Cease-fire talks fail; Russia defends hospital strike (usatoday.com)
March 10 2022 rbbm.
''Latest developments:

►Russian President Vladimir Putin shrugged off sanctions from the West, saying they are nothing new for Russians. ″Just as we overcame these difficulties in the previous years, we will overcome them now," he said at a televised meeting of government officials. He dacknowledge the sanctions create “certain challenges.”

''A hospital complex in Mariupol bombed Wednesday resulted in at least three deaths, including one child, Ukraine authorities say. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov dismissed the claim Thursday, saying the hospital had been emptied of patients and was being used as an extremist base.

"This is not the first time when we see pathetic cries about so-called atrocities committed by the Russian armed forces," Lavrov said. "Our delegation presented facts at a meeting of the U.N. Security Council proving that the maternity hospital had long been seized by fighters of the Azov battalion and other radicals. They kicked all patients, all nurses, and all service personnel out."

For me, I will never read nor click on Al Jazeera. My cousin is married to an Egyptian and he says that their slant has been subtly biased in favor of some terrorist activities.

Don't expect to be agreed with here, but he's a native Arabic speaker and that's what he says.

And for pictures, even though they frequently misspell, IMO no one is better than the Daily Mail.

My advise...look and decide for yourself.

2 HOURS AGO
Ukraine war latest: Putin warns international companies halting operations in Russia could have assets seized | Financial Times (ft.com)
''Russian president Vladimir Putin said his government would find legally viable ways to seize international businesses operating in Russia that have decided to close their facilities in the country over its invasion of Ukraine.

Numerous western brands including McDonald’s and Unilever have suspended or halted operations in Russia in recent days as part of a wave of severe sanctions on the country.

“With regards to those who are planning to close their production facilities, we must act decisively,” Putin said on Thursday in a video link meeting with members of his government. “By no means must we allow any harm to local Russian suppliers.”

“It is necessary . . . to introduce external management and then transfer these enterprises to those who actually want to work,” Putin said. “There are enough legal and market instruments for this. There is no need for any arbitrary actions; we will find legal solutions to these questions.”

He advised the government to ensure that the rights of those foreign investors who chose to stay and work in Russia were protected.''

Ukraine updates: Cease-fire talks fail; Russia defends hospital strike (usatoday.com)
March 10 2022 rbbm.
''Latest developments:

►Russian President Vladimir Putin shrugged off sanctions from the West, saying they are nothing new for Russians.

"This is not the first time when we see pathetic cries about so-called atrocities committed by the Russian armed forces," Lavrov said. "Our delegation presented facts at a meeting of the U.N. Security Council proving that the maternity hospital had long been seized by fighters of the Azov battalion and other radicals. They kicked all patients, all nurses, and all service personnel out."

Sbm

Right, so according to Putin's henchman, these pregnant women are radical combatants. They and all the children who have been killed.

How monstrous.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 25
2 HOURS AGO
Ukraine war latest: Putin warns international companies halting operations in Russia could have assets seized | Financial Times (ft.com)
''Russian president Vladimir Putin said his government would find legally viable ways to seize international businesses operating in Russia that have decided to close their facilities in the country over its invasion of Ukraine.

Numerous western brands including McDonald’s and Unilever have suspended or halted operations in Russia in recent days as part of a wave of severe sanctions on the country.

“With regards to those who are planning to close their production facilities, we must act decisively,” Putin said on Thursday in a video link meeting with members of his government. “By no means must we allow any harm to local Russian suppliers.”

“It is necessary . . . to introduce external management and then transfer these enterprises to those who actually want to work,” Putin said. “There are enough legal and market instruments for this. There is no need for any arbitrary actions; we will find legal solutions to these questions.”

He advised the government to ensure that the rights of those foreign investors who chose to stay and work in Russia were protected.''

Was anybody able to find "the list"?

Putin will ‘lose’ Ukraine war, Trudeau says, as Canada ups aid funding - National | Globalnews.ca
March 10 2022 rbbm.
''Vladimir Putin will “lose” in his war against Ukraine, Justin Trudeau said Thursday as Canada chipped in more funding for humanitarian efforts in the conflict.

70c8fc80

The Canadian prime minister took aim at the Russian president at a news conference in Warsaw alongside Polish President Andrzej Duda. It was the final stop of his week-long trip in Europe where he met with allies to discuss Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

“Vladimir Putin has made a terrible mistake, and he’s going to lose this war,” Trudeau said.

“He’s going to lose this war because the ferocity, strength and resolve of the Ukrainian people defending their territory is inspiring us all, and because our resolve as friends and allies … cannot allow Vladimir Putin to be successful.”

''Meanwhile, at his own news conference, Lavrov showed no sign of making any concessions, repeating Russian demands that Ukraine be disarmed and accept neutral status.

Aid agencies report humanitarian aid is most urgently needed in Mariupol, where 400,000 people have been trapped for more than a week with no food, water or power.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298