Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have mercy on us. I am an old Frenchwoman and I know how horrible war in Europe can be. My parents and grandparents suffered a lot. Stop the war: leave it to the Ukrainians and the Russians. That’s their problem. Please.

My Polish mother was forced to work in Germany as a child as many Polish children were after the German invasion and occupation. She was held at Bergen Belson after the liberation like many other displaced persons, a place where the real horrors of war were committed before her arrival, she had to stay strong, at least, she survived, my grandmother remained in Poland, my uncle was a fighter pilot joining England in a united front against the enemy, fighting for freedom! My parents and grandparents knew the horror of war too well!
How is it their problem? So should we turn a blind eye to domestic violence, it's the victim's problem? Brutal tyrants should be given a free pass?
My mother died at 43, she'd be horrified that anyone would allow this invasion to continue without a fight, freedom for one and all, not just for some!

My Polish mother was forced to work in Germany as a child as many Polish children were after the German invasion and occupation. She was held at Bergen Belson after the liberation like many other displaced persons, a place where the real horrors of war were committed before her arrival, she had to stay strong, at least, she survived, my grandmother remained in Poland, my uncle was a fighter pilot joining England in a united front against the enemy, fighting for freedom! My parents and grandparents knew the horror of war too well!
How is it their problem? So should we turn a blind eye to domestic violence, it's the victim's problem? Brutal tyrants should be given a free pass?
My mother died at 43, she'd be horrified that anyone would allow this invasion to continue without a fight, freedom for one and all, not just for some!

Thankfully my parents escaped Latvia when the Nazis left & the Soviet army took over in 1944...

And agree - Freedom for one & all!!

JAN 27, 2023
Stefano Sannino, Secretary General of the European Union’s European External Action Service, defended German and U.S. provisions of the military equipment to Ukraine, and criticized Russian President Vladimir Putin for waging a war on NATO and the West.

Sannino, speaking at a news conference in Tokyo as part of an Asia-Pacific tour, said Putin had “moved from a concept of special operation to a concept now of a war against NATO and the West.”

He said German and U.S. tank provisions are meant to help Ukrainians defend themselves in the war, rather than making them attackers.

Regional officials said towns and villages in the east and in the south that are within reach of the Russian artillery suffered most. Six people died in the Donetsk region, two in Kherson, and two in the Kharkiv region. A day earlier, missiles and self-propelled drones that Russian forces fired had hit deeper into Ukrainian territory, killing at least 11 people.

The bombardments followed announcements by the United States and Germany of plans to ship powerful tanks to help Ukraine defend itself. Other Western countries said they also would share modern tanks from their stockpiles.

North Korea condemned on Friday the decision by the United States to supply Ukraine with advanced battle tanks to help fight off Russia’s invasion, saying Washington is escalating a sinister “proxy war” aimed at destroying Moscow.

The comments by the influential sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un underscored the country’s deepening alignment with Russia over the war in Ukraine as it confronts the United States and its Asian allies over its own growing nuclear weapons and missiles program.

North Korea has blamed the United States for the crisis in Ukraine, insisting that the West’s “hegemonic policy” forced Russia to take military action to protect its security interests.

Fierce battles in eastern Ukraine have thrown a new spotlight on Russia’s Wagner Group, a private military company led by a rogue millionaire with longtime links to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Wagner has spearheaded the push to jump-start Russia’s stalemated offensive in eastern Ukraine’s Donetsk province. The ferocious house-to house fighting has produced some of the bloodiest encounters since Russia sent troops into Ukraine, with Wagner personnel “marching on the bodies of their own soldiers” as Ukrainian authorities put it.

The U.S. this week expanded sanctions against Wagner for its role in Ukraine and mercenary activities in Africa.

JAN 28, 2023
Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, said Ukraine’s supporters in the West “understand how the war is developing” and the need to supply planes capable of providing cover for the armored fighting vehicles that the United States and Germany pledged at the beginning of the month.

However, in remarks to online video channel Freedom, Podolyak said that some of Ukraine’s Western partners maintain a “conservative” attitude to arms deliveries, “due to fear of changes in the international architecture.” Russia and North Korea have accused the West of prolonging and taking a direct role in the war by sending Kyiv increasingly sophisticated weapons.

“We need to work with this. We must show (our partners) the real picture of this war,” Podolyak said, without naming specific countries. “We must speak reasonably and tell them, for example, ‘This and this will reduce fatalities, this will reduce the burden on infrastructure. This will reduce security threats to the European continent, this will keep the war localized.’ And we are doing it.”

According to the brigade, Murashko went on 141 sorties since the beginning of Russia's full-scale invasion on Feb. 24. He destroyed about 70 Russian armored vehicles, more than 80 cars, and about 30 fuel tanks, and killed about 600 Russian soldiers.

Murashko was awarded the title of the Hero of Ukraine posthumously.

Ukrainian Military Medic Reunited With Daughter Who Was Taken To Russia​

Ukrainian combat medic Oksana Lebedenko lost contact with her 11-year-old daughter Yeva after Russian forces occupied her hometown of Vovchansk in Ukraine's Kharkiv region. Lebedenko later discovered that her pro-Russian brother had taken her daughter to Russia without permission.

Fears And Concerns As Russia Frees Violent Criminals​

He was 66 years old and had voiced concerns over his health -- yet it is claimed he killed seven Ukrainian soldiers single-handed while fighting for the Russian mercenary group Vagner.

Frontline Videos Show Intense Battles In Eastern Ukraine​

Ukrainian civilians come under shelling as they attempt to flee from Russian attacks in Bakhmut, in a video posted online by foreign volunteers, while Current Time visits trenches 100 kilometers southwest -- where Russian forces have also been testing the Ukrainian lines.

2 Feb 2023
  • Russian President Vladimir Putin criticised Germany’s decision to send Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine during a speech to mark the 80th anniversary of the battle of Stalingrad.
  • Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said the greater the range of the weapons supplied to the Kyiv regime, “the more we will have to push them back from territories which are part of our country”.

''Putin criticises Germanys’ approval of tanks to Kyiv​

Putin compared the fight against Ukraine and its Western allies to Russia’s victory against Nazi Germany in World War Two during a speech marking 80 years since the decisive battle of Stalingrad.
Putin said Russia was sure it would be victorious in Ukraine, as it had been 80 years ago.
He added that Russia again confronted Germany, as he criticised its decision to deliver Leopard 2 tanks to support Ukraine’s war efforts.''

''Ukraine's defence minister has said Russia is preparing a major new offensive, and warned that it could begin as soon as 24 February.
Oleksii Reznikov said Moscow had amassed thousands of troops and could "try something" to mark the anniversary of the initial invasion last year.
The attack would also mark Russia's Defender of the Fatherland Day on 23 February, which celebrates the army.
Meanwhile, three people have died in an attack on the city of Kramatorsk.
Eight others were wounded in the city in Donetsk region after a Russian missile struck a residential building, the provincial governor said.
The toll is expected to rise as rescuers comb through the wreckage.

"The only way to stop Russian terrorism is to defeat it," Mr Zelensky wrote on social media about the attack. "By tanks. Fighter jets. Long-range missiles."
Ukraine has recently renewed calls for fighter jets to help protect itself from air attacks after Germany, the US and the UK agreed to send them tanks.''

1675352829713.png
By Susie BlannThe Associated Press
Thu., Feb. 2, 2023 rbbm.
''KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian missiles hit residential areas in an eastern Ukrainian city Thursday for the second time in 24 hours, while top European Union officials held talks with the government in Kyiv as the war with Russia approaches its one-year milestone.

The latest strikes in Kramatorsk came as rescue crews searched for survivors in the rubble of an apartment building hit late Wednesday by a Russian missile that killed at least three people and wounded 21 others. At least one more victim was thought to be under the debris, Ukraine’s presidential office said.

Kramatorsk again shattered by explosions — the Russians made two more rocket strikes,” regional governor Pavlo Kyrylenko wrote in a Telegram post.

He said at least five civilians were wounded in the latest strikes, which hit residential buildings as well as a children’s clinic and a school in the heart of the city. Kramatorsk Mayor Oleksandr Honcharenko urged residents to stay in shelters.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turtle1973