Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because there have been cases where men murdered their wives or partners, it doesn't mean every case turns out like that.

I need proper evidence before I proclaim someone guilty or innocent, for that matter.
Of course , everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

However it doesn’t look good in this case but let’s wait and see.

Now, so many days after being led to believe by police and LE all was Kosha and SM's absence is just an anomaly; we find out there is reason to believe it is a suspicious situation. Who would have thought?????? I mean do you not think the public could have helped with your investigations, what to you gain by holding your cards close to your chest? Wake up Law enforcement!
I don't think anyone at any stage has thought her disappearance wasn't suspicious. Certainly not an "anomaly". The Police have been and continue to be consistent in saying they've not received evidence pointing to something suspicious...apart from the disappearance itself.

Last edited:
I've not seen this reported before - do you have a source? Is there any more info? So the children did not see her that morning? Were they at home?
Nothing is known about whether or not they were home that morning.

If they are anything like my kids though (they are likely of similar ages - young teens to teens), they aren’t up at 7am on a Sunday morning

possibilites.

A crazed stranger, passing by at 7am. Sees appealing woman, in what he may perceive as provocative clothing, or even a woman actually out on her own is provocation enough, lets loose.

An accident, a terrible realisation, a panicked solution, puts body in boot and speeds off, in any direction, up north to Mildura, even.

An enemy, waiting, watching, planning, swooping. Revenge, retribution, emotional payback.

The statistical front runner, an argument that got out of hand very quickly and the sudden frantic disposal , and the determination to play the baffled bystander.

I've not seen this reported before - do you have a source? Is there any more info? So the children did not see her that morning? Were they at home?
<modsnip - rude> Hubby is continuously reported as being the one who has seen her last leaving the house and not returning after he received a phone call from her brunch ladies, who were meeting her at 11am.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - rude> Hubby is continuously reported as being the one who has seen her last leaving the house and not returning after he received a phone call from her brunch ladies, who were meeting her at 11am.
I've been following the thread but maybe I've missed it. Could you give me a link to one of the reports please?

The police here often (always?) mention that a missing person has a named or unnamed medical condition. Because finding these people can be time-critical.

Eg: (all different people)
Police and family have concerns for his welfare as he has dementia and other medical conditions Link

Police and family hold concerns for his welfare as his disappearance is out of character and he has a medical condition Link

What heightens the worry for his safety further is a known medical condition he is suffering from, making his prompt discovery a matter of urgency. Link

Exactly my point. Thank you for explaining it much better than me

Yes I think it may be business related in some way …

What if it happened in the Lane??
A hit, scoop, and run, or even an abduction / extortion attempt where SM fought back and it went wrong??

JMO

Does anyone know if you can exit at the end of the lane? On google earth it looks as though you could walk straight to the end and through the trees? It appears to be only private properties up that way so I'm guessing she would've needed to exit onto Eureka St but I'm not so sure.

Screenshot_20240214-213447_Maps.jpg

Ladies & Gents the police would be all over this matter. I do wonder if the direct link to SM and her being missing is related to the industry the family is involved in. Over the years I have heard stories of tow truck companies being favored for $ and also about tow truck companies demanding involvement in vehicle transfers from accident scene to repair workshops. I have also heard that police can play a role in when and whom can remove vehicles from an accident scene. This is all speculation and there is no evidence anything like this happens in Ballarat. Keep in mind some young turks will do anything to become a omcg patched member. Something just does not sit right with me about the level of emotion shown by hubby in the press conference.

I don't think anyone at any stage hasn't thought her disappearance was suspicious. Certainly not an "anomaly". The Police have been and continue to be consistent in saying they've not received evidence pointing to something suspicious...apart from the disappearance itself.
IMO they had their reasons why they took that approach - including the "mea culpa". I don't think they were bumbling along at all -they knew exactly what they were doing - it was strategic. JMO

Sorry if i'm being stupid here but I can't see anywhere in that article which says her husband was the last person to see her?
Could you highlight the text for me?
These are the reports I posted earlier … but none specify the husband was the last to see Sam….

This article states she was seen by “family” … but not exactly who saw her ..

The 51-year-old was last seen by her family as she left her home on Eureka St, Ballarat East, for a run at 7am on Sunday morning.

Published Feb 10 .

And this one states it was unknown who was home that morning …

Superintendent Hatt told cameras positioned on the Murphy homestead had captured her walking up the driveway.

But he could not say which way Ms Murphy went after leaving the property despite the video feed capturing her doing so.

'It captured her leaving the address,' he said.

It remains unknown who was home at the time Ms Murphy went on her run.

And this one

Her family sounded the alarm when she did not attend a brunch at 11am.

I don’t think we know the official time that the missing persons’s report was made ???

Hope that helps .

Edit to fix links

Last edited:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I think it's very likely that her husband was the last person to see her but there could be some very different scenarios for how this happened. Eg:
-He last saw her when they went to bed the night before and she left for her run before anybody else woke up that morning.
-The whole family was together, maybe eating breakfast, when she left.
-It was just her and her husband alone when she left.

Any more information about who and how she was last seen would be interesting.

Superintendent Hatt told cameras positioned on the Murphy homestead had captured her walking up the driveway.

But he could not say which way Ms Murphy went after leaving the property despite the video feed capturing her doing so.

'It captured her leaving the address,' he said.

So is there footage of her returning? Am I missing something here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member