Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume you are asking if I could give more detail?

Police only give an investigation a name once it is a major investigation. They name each investigation at random, and the name "Primus" does not mean anything, the names are all computer generated and have no meaning to the attached investigation.
Thank you

This quote just blows my mind,
"Forensic psychologist Tim Watson-Munro told Sky News that despite his expertise in criminal forensics, he has “never encountered” a case like Murphy’s. What has baffled Watson-Munro about the Murphy case is that there has been “no evidence” to examine, explaining there is usually a small clue left behind for investigators to work with."

As if he would be privy to evidence!!!! He has just the same access to info as we do! And as if they would share with him if they had a small clue. Far out!

AND other cases have been run the same way, Karen Ristevski, is a case in point. GUH!
Right?! These hangers-on they trot out to comment on these cases when there’s nothing to report are infuriating. I can’t imagine one’s career reduced to being the hairdo-for-hire who trots out baseless theories or common sense platitudes or the level of analysis you’d get from a quick Google search.

I have been enjoying the steady stream of commentary on WS for people to look up his track record before giving his opinion too much weight…!

That poor family.

Those poor kids are going through this and now they lose their beloved dog - this world really can be cruel sometimes can’t it
Right? Wow, why did that hurt so much to read?! Animals can be such an important sense of solace to young people when they go through trauma and difficulty, and the loss of a pet in an accident is heartbreaking at any time let alone now. I’m so sad for those kids my gosh.

No only leaving … IMO (I think it’s just the wording that makes you think the other scenario is possible )

I don’t think they have anything past the gate …. IMO
I don't think they have footage of the gate at all. Seems like the cctv doesn't go that far. Curve in driveway. Sorry, I'm not going to link to their home.

Wonder if there was anyone home at her house on that day who could of noticed her not returned from the jog earlier, rather the lunch people noticing later.

Although sometimes with families people don't always notice the loose comings and goings as out of the ordinary until firmer appointments aren't met. I'd just like to think someone expected to see her return from a jog, if they were home.

To my knowledge no, if they do I would imagine it would be breaking news ?? As they did in the case of Erin Patterson it was on the news
Some semi rural properties have dams( pond/lakes ) I wonder if her house does ?
Also interesting would be who lives at the property- just partner & kids ? Any others ?

I think it’s unlikely she has run off & left her children , no trace of her on the track could mean it’s unlikely she has had an accident . So what remains is someone has injured her or she has injured herself

Article Image

Sad twist in missing mum mystery​

In a sad twist, it can be revealed Samantha Murphy was devoted to helping find missing people and pets in the Ballarat region she disappeared from without a trace earlier this month.

Behind a paywall.

Wonder if there was anyone home at her house on that day who could of noticed her not returned from the jog earlier, rather the lunch people noticing later.

Although sometimes with families people don't always notice the loose comings and goings as out of the ordinary until firmer appointments aren't met. I'd just like to think someone expected to see her return from a jog, if they were home.
Yes and no. My kids (who are also young teens to teens) don’t always know what I’m up to and if I was out in the mornings and not return by lunch time or so, they wouldn’t think anything of it (Thinking I could be shopping/ walking/ meeting a friend).

Sounds like SM had a busy schedule with regular runs/ walks reported as well as dinner the night before the disappearance and brunch the day of the disappearance.

Chances are her teens are quite self sufficient and not across all of their mum’s appointments and wouldn’t think much of it if she was gone for quite a few hours at a time. Most teenagers wouldn’t be up at 7am on a Sunday morning to notice their mum is going for a run.

I don't think they have footage of the gate at all. Seems like the cctv doesn't go that far. Curve in driveway. Sorry, I'm not going to link to their home.
I’m not sure the validity of the curve in the driveway. You can see the gate and the camera on the garage in pics on MSM as well as google maps. It faces in the general direction of the gate as well.

This is not a shot directly at you either breakingnews, I’ve just seen the curve mentioned a few times and yours was the last comment so easiest for me to link, nothing personal meant.

However I think it’s angle is pointed towards the ground as opposed to the gate. It’s also roughly 50m as the crow flies from gate to camera. So even if it was pointed at the gate, 50m away might not give very good images. The cctv footage that was mistaken to be Samantha was roughly the same distance of 50m and we saw how blurry that was. IMO

An earlier post (OP) suggests there is also CCTV on the front shed now (added after purchase) out towards the gate …

See link here
Post in thread 'Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2'
Australia - Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

I’m not sure the validity of the curve in the driveway. You can see the gate and the camera on the garage in pics on MSM as well as google maps. It faces in the general direction of the gate as well.

This is not a shot directly at you either breakingnews, I’ve just seen the curve mentioned a few times and yours was the last comment so easiest for me to link, nothing personal meant.

However I think it’s angle is pointed towards the ground as opposed to the gate. It’s also roughly 50m as the crow flies from gate to camera. So even if it was pointed at the gate, 50m away might not give very good images. The cctv footage that was mistaken to be Samantha was roughly the same distance of 50m and we saw how blurry that was. IMO

Yes, the angle of that camera seems to be focused down on the cars. imo

Maybe to discourage people from breaking into the vehicles.

An earlier post (OP) suggests there is also CCTV on the front shed now (added after purchase) out towards the gate …

See link here
Post in thread 'Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2'
Australia - Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2
If think it’s a camera as well. Could be a light, but to me it Certainly looks like a camera. It points right at the street so if it is a camera, and it was in working order, they’d be able to see anyone coming or going towards eureka street IMO.

Edit to add - What appears to be cameras to me on the shed are white. On the other side of the shed near the water tank there is a black device mounted to the wall. In MSM pics of the garage, you can see the camera which is white, and you can also see black devices, which I assume are lights. Just an observation I made.

Last edited:
So....
a pond???

Because I understand "a dam" as a barrier on a river :D
A dam in Oz is usually a hand crafted / machine dug hole to contain water on someone’s property. They can have jetties, be big enough for boats and jet skis, ot just large enough to float around in ur blow up boat or fish for marron in. Google it.
<modsnip - rude>

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/JdswrCeDLDfrdFocA
Eureka St at the top. Zoom out once. Would she
have jogged out of Canadian Plantation past
below Federation University Australia? Zoom out
again. Buninyong towards the bottom, mobile
tower location unknown. Of course, if jogging,
whatever happened could have happened after
the mobile phone reached its southernmost point,
i.e. could have happened on any return leg return-
ing northwards through the Canadian Plantation.

So....
a pond???

Because I understand "a dam" as a barrier on a river :D
In simplest terms, yes, sort of!

There are very large, usually government-owned dams that are river barrier style dams and they supply water and sometimes power to whole communities.

But MOST dams in Victoria are small, privately owned, human-made farm or rural property dams. “They store water for domestic use, for stock or for irrigating crops and pasture.” They are often about the size of a small swimming pool.

I actually had to Google to clarify this for myself and I have spent plenty of time IN Australian dams! It hadn’t occurred to me before that they were Aussie-specific.

Glad to have you following this case, Dotta, you always make such great contributions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand