Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this statement is accurate ???? It is in inverted commas in the article …

“Someone who she didn’t even know was stalking her.”

Do the family know that for sure?? Has the focus of the investigation been leaked?? Or is it a theory??

As earlier in the article it says:

“Somebody would have been watching her; I can’t think it would be anything else,’ Ms Murphy’s aunt Janice Robson said on Thursday.

Thank you. I don’t find it odd that she went with no water but I do find it odd that she went with no sunglasses or a hat. I would expect her to have one of those things.
IMO - This is all about personal choice, folks are saying water is a must because of heat stroke - Folks also need to accept that not everyone is the same. I run 5km daily, I have NEVER taken water with me. I do not wear a hat or sunglasses. For me personally, I can’t have anything loose, hanging around waiting to fall off (IPods, sunnies, hat or phone). I also live in Brisbane & have been running for 15+ years. People’s preferences are different. Please can we move on from the water discussion, reality versus what people ‘expect’ are totalling different & it really doesn’t appear to be relevant to what has happened to SM. MOO

When there's over 1500 acres of bushland to search, plus other nominated areas, and three days or so in which to save a life, police don't cordon it off and limit themselves to emu parades IMO.
Of course they do. They were looking for a missing person. Even in some of Australia's most renown missing person cases, they don't have people searching willy nilly.

We now have a couple of different timelines it seems. A 10km run for a 10am meeting and a 20km run for an 11am brunch. This could either be a mix up or even a mix up of words or Samantha did in fact have a busy day of meet ups and this would also make sense why perhaps the family just assumed she had already left for those catch ups without being seen at the home beforehand. Kids could have been sleeping in and hubby could have been out mowing or tinkering in the shed etc sounds like they have a busy work/school schedule during the week so their weekends are probably very busy squeezing lots in
JMO
I would assume SM would cut her normal run short due to meet at 10am and brunch at 11am. I imagine SM would go home after run to get ready to move on with her day ahead. Nothing has been released in the media to my knowledge regarding who was and wasn’t home between the time frame of her leaving anppr 715am and possible expected time to return home around 9am ish?

I wonder how long it would take to run 10km?

We now have a couple of different timelines it seems. A 10km run for a 10am meeting and a 20km run for an 11am brunch. This could either be a mix up or even a mix up of words or Samantha did in fact have a busy day of meet ups and this would also make sense why perhaps the family just assumed she had already left for those catch ups without being seen at the home beforehand. Kids could have been sleeping in and hubby could have been out mowing or tinkering in the shed etc sounds like they have a busy work/school schedule during the week so their weekends are probably very busy squeezing lots in
JMO
Or daylight savings.

Nothing has been released in the media to my knowledge regarding who was and wasn’t home
This was published on 8th Feb

It is understood Mr Murphy was home when his wife was captured on CCTV leaving their property and later raised the alarm to police when she didn't return.

The “understood” could infer true or not true ???
Nothing about the children being home is mentioned .. that I have seen …

I am thinking that probably the aunt was simply mistaken about the 10 am meetup.
It was the uncle. The aunt was telling the story and he put in his bit.

Mrs Robson suggested anyone who knew her niece knew she was a creature of habit when it came to exercise.
'She would routinely go for a run in the morning,' she said.
'She normally does 20km,' Mr Robson said.
'But she had to meet someone in Ballarat at 10am so she only did 10km.'

Both are baffled by the mystery of her phone. . . .

BBM

This was published on 8th Feb

It is understood Mr Murphy was home when his wife was captured on CCTV leaving their property and later raised the alarm to police when she didn't return.

The “understood” could infer true or not true ???
Nothing about the children being home is mentioned .. that I have seen …
The article confirms MM was home when SM picked up poop bag and I assume after that she headed out for her run.
I’d like to know was MM home from 715am till 10am?

Also how long would it approximately take to jog from SM home to the start of the forest, presumed route of SM ?

It was the uncle. The aunt was telling the story and he put in his bit.

Mrs Robson suggested anyone who knew her niece knew she was a creature of habit when it came to exercise.
'She would routinely go for a run in the morning,' she said.
'She normally does 20km,' Mr Robson said.
'But she had to meet someone in Ballarat at 10am so she only did 10km.'

Both are baffled by the mystery of her phone. . . .

BBM
By the sound of it family members were aware SM had a 10am meet

I would assume SM would cut her normal run short due to meet at 10am and brunch at 11am. I imagine SM would go home after run to get ready to move on with her day ahead. Nothing has been released in the media to my knowledge regarding who was and wasn’t home between the time frame of her leaving anppr 715am and possible expected time to return home around 9am ish?

I wonder how long it would take to run 10km?
Most people can walk 6km/h at a moderate pace. 10km, probably half an hour id say.

Or daylight savings.
If family members did not see her and presumed SM moved on with her day, did they know SM would be walking or driving to her 10am meet and 11am brunch ? It would be good to know did SM plan to walk or drive to both places? If she intended to walk then her car being at home would be normal but if she had planned to drive and saw her car at home and MM was home wouldn’t that be a little odd ? IMOO

I think what the aunt and uncle mean by met someone at 10 is that they believe this is foul play and around 10 would have been when Samantha crossed paths with the person responsible for it. Think of the phrase, "met with foul play", it doesn't mean set up an actual appointment for foul play.

I wonder if this statement is accurate ???? It is in inverted commas in the article …

“Someone who she didn’t even know was stalking her.”

Do the family know that for sure?? Has the focus of the investigation been leaked?? Or is it a theory??

As earlier in the article it says:

“Somebody would have been watching her; I can’t think it would be anything else,’ Ms Murphy’s aunt Janice Robson said on Thursday.

Seems logical to think that as the aunt is probably thinking no one else within her circle would do anything to hurt or harm her.

"She normally does 20km,' Mr Robson said.

'But she had to meet someone in Ballarat at 10am so she only did 10km."

I think what the aunt and uncle mean by met someone at 10 is that they believe this is foul play and around 10 would have been when Samantha crossed paths with the person responsible for it. Think of the phrase, "met with foul play", it doesn't mean set up an actual appointment for foul play.
Would be great if vpol would confirm or deny this 10am meet.

I think she meet with foul play earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member