Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Mick say that she could have gone in just about any direction--sometimes one way, sometimes another? That doesn't altogether match up with what uncle and aunt are saying, that she was a creature of habit.

There are a couple more things that I would like to add from the Day Six presser, just for our information. Because they kind of relate to some of the comments over the last few pages.

Mark Hatt said - in response to a question - that they are keeping their options open on whether Sam is still in the area or not. (around the 3:40 mark)

Reporter: And none of the family's vehicles are missing? She didn't take her car with her?
Mark Hatt: No, we don't think so. :oops:
(around the 8:55 mark)

Link to the presser

Last edited:
(snipped for focus)

This theory could also account for the search being called off ..

Just jumping off your post .....

I think that, while 'the search' has been scaled back, it is important to remember that they are now doing targeted searches.

With all the dodging and weaving around direct reporters questions about the phone pings and Apple GPS, it may be that the targeted searches are related to retrieved data.

imo

Last edited:
So they're not sure if her car is there or not ?

I don't know. It was just a weird answer that stood out to me. Didn't someone (here or in an article) say they have a few cars?

A recent post about them previously being the victims of car theft made me remember the weird thing that Mark Hatt said. So I had to listen to the presser again to get his exact words.

I don't know. It was just a weird answer that stood out to me. Didn't someone (here or in an article) say they have a few cars?

A recent post about them previously being the victims of car theft made me remember the weird thing that Mark Hatt said. So I had to listen to the presser again to get his exact words.

‘Mick had so many cars he couldn’t fit them in the garage’ was the quote from several pages back. I wonder if they're trying to figure out if there are any vehicles missing that would normally be at the house?

"She normally does 20km,' Mr Robson said.

'But she had to meet someone in Ballarat at 10am so she only did 10km."
I doubt her aunt or uncle would make up the 10am meet. I’d take this to be correct, I think it would be known to her aunt and uncle and other FM who she’s meeting with. Why else would aunt/uncle put this information out via the press?

"No we don't think so" - does that imply - her car is there - but we don't know if she used or someone else at all in the morning and returned it back at some point? IMO

"No"- because it's still on the property. JMO

"We don't think so" because the vehicle could have left and come back? MOO

So does that mean other vehicles could have left the premises as well? IMO

If they do have extra cars in addition to their own vehicles they use regularly - could one of these have moved on or off the property? MOO

"She normally does 20km,' Mr Robson said.

'But she had to meet someone in Ballarat at 10am so she only did 10km."
Her aunt and uncle confirmed this 10am meet and it was known to them SM was planning to meet someone at 10am in Ballarat, otherwise why would they mention this information to the media.
I don’t think she met with foul play at 10am as no one saw her come home after run.
I think something happened to her earlier that morning, whether it was in the forest or beforehand who knows ?

"No we don't think so" - does that imply - her car is there - but we don't know if she used or someone else at all in the morning and returned it back at some point? IMO

If they do have extra cars in addition to their own vehicles they use regularly - could one of these have moved on or off the property? MOO

One thing I noticed (but I am not going to go back again to get the time mark) is the officer who is with Mark Hatt - I don't know who he is, police search & rescue or missing persons - said that there is very little CCTV in the search area from homes and businesses, but 'everyone' has dash cams these days and they really want that footage. To please look and see if you have footage from Sunday the 4th.

I doubt that many/any cars would have been driving the bush trails at that time. Yet they are interested in any dash cam footage. Maybe trying to see known and unknown vehicle movement?

imo

‘Mick had so many cars he couldn’t fit them in the garage’ was the quote from several pages back. I wonder if they're trying to figure out if there are any vehicles missing that would normally be at the house?
I wonder if this garage is adjacent or attached to the house, or off on the side somewhere away from a camera view.

One of the customers cars could have been used

There is no proof that Samantha actually left the house to go running.
The last photos of her were in her yard
There are no witnesses either to confirm this
Another reason why police are seeking CCTV and dash cam
I think it was reported there is cctv footage SM walking down her driveway to go jogging and then she was out of frame.

Given the nature of their panel-beater business, I’m guessing that family members have access to many cars even if they don’t own them themselves. So I’m sure that police would have to consider the possibility that a car not belonging to the family could have been used without that car having to have been registered as owned by the family or reported to the police as stolen, if that makes sense..

I think they were Collectable “Classic Cars”…. Most likely very valuable.IMO.

Mick has around 30 people working under him at the business. A rev head with a soft spot for classic cars, he was due to drive in a car show on …………. (Sunday IIRC)

Now paywalled for me

So I wonder why the 10.00 am appointment/meet up was not mentioned till now? only the brunch at 11.00am?JMO

Did that person not follow up on - SM not turning up? IMO

Did MM or children not know about the 10.00 meetup initially? JMO

Leaves SM less time to do a run and come back shower and change - its about 10 minute drive to Ballarat. IMO

Could the rest of her family - husband and children - be already gone to sport/church/dancing - left at 8.00?while SM was on her run? So no-one home when she got back? if she came back to the back of the property?JMO

So I wonder why the 10.00 am appointment/meet up was not mentioned till now? only the brunch at 11.00am?JMO

Did that person not follow up on - SM not turning up? IMO

Did MM or children not know about the 10.00 meetup initially? JMO

Leaves SM less time to do a run and come back shower and change - its about 10 minute drive to Ballarat. IMO

Could the rest of her family - husband and children - be already gone to sport/church/dancing - left at 8.00?while SM was on her run? So no-one home when she got back? if she came back to the back of the property?JMO
Maybe the 10am wasn’t mentioned for strategic purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme