Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The suicide . . . I don't need to know who, but I would like to have been told how recently.
The AVO is the important one, that person has shown violence or some other threatening behaviour towards someone else. In cases like these, it's one of the first pieces of information police look at in a family situation to start looking into the background

The ping the police would also get is off her offender's phone in that area as well, If this is heading that way

Provided the alleged perp took phone with him/her.

If premeditated, I guess it would be wise to leave phone at home or whatever other place instead of dragging it to crime scene/s.

JMO

I wonder what makes them think she may have had a stalker? I get the foul play aspect for sure.

To me it would make more sense that she has come across a random attacker, a case of wrong place wrong time kinda thing.

But to allude there may have been a stalker here makes me wonder if they know something we don’t. I mean it could just be their thoughts without any knowledge that SM may have had a stalker. It just seems strange to me you’d go to that thought process.

There are still so many options, a stalker is one of course. As well as random attacker, hit and run accident and disposal, a targeted attack for a purpose of revenge or randsom gone wrong etc, statistical familial occurrence. And then there’s what I believe are less likely of leaving of own accord to start new life or suicide. .
I think Police should also be checking all ‘customers’ who brought cars in for smash repairs prior to and after SM’s disappearance. This type of industry is known to attract insurance frauds which could include shady customers and broader criminal activity. SM may have been ‘noticed’ at work or may have stumbled across something she shouldn’t have!

I have thought a similar thing, once I read on their website SM does the admin, which includes the finances and book keeping. She may have stumbled upon something nefarious involving a lot of money and criminal activity.

All MOO

Last edited:
That was not her running in the CCTV, which has been confirmed. Again everyone thinks, her family, because she religiously goes running the same time, same place etc. That she has done that, but there is no proof that she has gone running this time and actually left the home to go out
I’m aware & agree with your comments Nifty.

My point was that SM told friends & Mick that she was going for a 14 km run the next morning - yet Uncle said she did 10 km .

If premeditated, I guess it would be wise to leave phone at home or whatever other place instead of dragging it to crime scene/s.

JMO
It still blows my mind in todays world a perp would willingly take a walking tracking device with them while they commit crimes.

If it’s a spur of the moment thing yeah that changes things, but anyone committing a premeditated criminal act with a phone or smart watch must have a big pile of *advertiser censored* for brains IMO lol

In this article, the DM reports : The night before she disappeared, during dinner with her husband Mick and friends, Ms Murphy mentioned she was going for a 14-km run the next day before it got too hot.

Sinister twists as search for Samantha Murphy continues
Ok trying something left field. If you were a regular runner - would you mention that you were going for a run? Could that have been to put someone off the trail of where you were really going? Or could SM have been questioned by someone to confirm her movements? Possibly just normal chit chat….

It still blows my mind in todays world a perp would willingly take a walking tracking device with them while they commit crimes.

If it’s a spur of the moment thing yeah that changes things, but anyone committing a premeditated criminal act with a phone or smart watch must have a big pile of *advertiser censored* for brains IMO lol
Yep.
Lucky for Police to follow the breadcrumbs
(pings :D) of a mastermind criminal hehehe

JMO
A lot don't think like that, they have too many other things on their minds and forget about technology in solving crimes...
Cleo Smith abduction was solved solely on the phone ping, Melbourne woman Jill Meagher, NSW school cleaner Vincent Stanford raped and murdered bride-to-be Stephanie Scott, it was his phone’s location that enabled police to find the young teacher’s body. The mobile phone signal of missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski gave detectives a major breakthrough.
It was revealed pings from phones belonging to both her and her husband Borce placed them both on the Calder Freeway, near Gisborne, the day she went missing
A search area was centred near where her mobile was last located.
Two months on, a bush walker discovered her decomposed body wedged between two logs in the Macedon Regional Park, about 25km from the search area.

A lot don't think like that, they have too many other things on their minds and forget about technology in solving crimes...
Cleo Smith abduction was solved solely on the phone ping, Melbourne woman Jill Meagher, NSW school cleaner Vincent Stanford raped and murdered bride-to-be Stephanie Scott, it was his phone’s location that enabled police to find the young teacher’s body. The mobile phone signal of missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski gave detectives a major breakthrough.
It was revealed pings from phones belonging to both her and her husband Borce placed them both on the Calder Freeway, near Gisborne, the day she went missing
A search area was centred near where her mobile was last located.
Two months on, a bush walker discovered her decomposed body wedged between two logs in the Macedon Regional Park, about 25km from the search area.
I would say

"Sometimes the trash takes itself out"

If only it was true in literal sense :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I think Sm made it out of her driveway but she never made it to the forest area where she runs. I’m beginning to think she was abducted shortly after she left home on her way to the forest by a stalker either known or unbeknown to her.

As for the phone pings and ph being turned on and off, I think it was the crime playing out in real time and the perpetrator/ or perpetrator’s trying to work out what to do .. IMOO

Last edited:
Ok trying something left field. If you were a regular runner - would you mention that you were going for a run? Could that have been to put someone off the trail of where you were really going? Or could SM have been questioned by someone to confirm her movements? Possibly just normal chit chat….

Thats what people do at dinner parties.... they talk about what they are doing, and what they have been up to, and what they are going to be doing....

Yep, I understand where you’re going with this, but I guess someone could’ve asked what she was up to the next day.
However the article didn’t go onto report that she said she had a busy day with a 10 am meeting and then a brunch to attend !
She just wanted to get the 14km run in before it got too hot …. .

I’m interested in this ‘brunch’ - was it a family gathering, or a friend thing ?

If ‘family’ why weren’t Mick & the kids going ?
If ‘friends’, maybe it was a Girls get together.

I’m not sure I put too much stock in the ‘10am meeting’. I think perhaps Uncle heard about the brunch and maybe just formed the 10am timeframe in his mind.

This was a very informative sensitive article:

Ms O'Keeffe is chief executive of The Missed Foundation, a charity which supports the families of long-term missing people.

Australian Federal Police data shows about 150 Australians go missing every day.

While 90 per cent of people are found safe and well within a week, about one per cent will remain missing long term.

Data analysis shows about 85 per cent of missing persons cases in Australia pertain to mental health and about one to two per cent are criminal in nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpioo18