Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a few news articles (https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...y/news-story/60f98939514559ac8c229962cd5b2cf6)
And this one seemed pretty poorly written, albeit a bit confusing. Especially the line about,"terrorism/ no terrorism."
I'm reading some of the other articles my lovely Sleuthers have submitted.
Is there anything relatively new other than a bazillion detectives coming on board?
The other thing of interest that I pulled from article is Dr. Xanthe said,"They," believe she disappeared in the forest.
Huh!
ETA I think should just not bother with skewed news.com.au
It seems like they're talking about a kidnapping and hopefully she still alive, someone must have seen someone around the area in the forest in the bush and before and/or Friday at the time she disappeared maybe even checking the rubbish bins in Ballarat like in the little Chloe case

as a runner, SM did not likely have more than a watch or phone though people have been murdered
for a phone, but they would usually leave evidence, no? are there ATVs in the forest? do people try
to live in the forest? not familiar with AUS...

Sometimes people live rough in Australia. The Ballarat area apparently has a high degree of homelessness (per head of population). A local article was published three years ago about it. Organisations are sheltering many of these people in temporary accommodation, long-term accommodation is insufficient, at times they have given out tents and blankets to the homeless.

This is not to say that the homeless are guilty of violence - often they are the fleeing victims of violence.

The article says that 32% of their homeless have mental health issues, so there could be the occasional person among them who is violent and perhaps sleeping rough in the bushland. It is not out of the realm of possibility.

It is also not impossible for a rapist to target a lone woman running at a time when few people are around.

Our gangs tend to be biker gangs, who are primarily involved in turf wars and such - if there is violence.

imo

Ballarat's rate of homelessness almost doubles Australia's average

Last edited:
Jake Cassar | Facebook

That's some thick undergrowth :eek:
Ohh thanks for posting, when you see that scrub, it sure is thick AF. Like machete/ hatchet to get through there. Oh, I don't miss those days of bushwalking through that scrub. But, it means that ANYONE, no matter how good they are, sure as heck couldn't see a body, items. Wowser.

That was an incredible spot! Eagle eyes .. it definitely looks like a camera .
I’ve been searching through endless articles, all repeating the same info ( in different phrasing) attempting to find where I saw the poo bag info first.
I am sure I read SM was pictured holding a bag of cat poo after cleaning out the kitty litter tray.

No luck as yet, but I am positive it was reported she cleaned up the poo from the cat tray and dumped it on her way out that morning.
Does anyone remember this?
There has been a lot of speculation it was dog poo , indicating to some , she may have been walking with her dog.
It’s a minute, potentially unimportant detail.. but it’s doing my head in.
FYI I saw this reported on FB by some rando in the comments

There are 2 types of those watches - one with simv, one without.
But also I’m a middle aged woman myself and find watches bit fiddly to navigate for calls, messages, etc and would also still take my phone. Younger people might be more open to that IMO
Yep no crocodiles in Victoria.

Much more likely a two legged "animal" :(
Actually we have a full sized saltwater crocodile living about two Km from SM’s home … check out Ballarat Reptile Park just off Eureka st at 250 Fussell st Ballarat East.

FYI I saw this reported on FB by some rando in the comments

Ohh thanks for posting, when you see that scrub, it sure is thick AF. Like machete/ hatchet to get through there. Oh, I don't miss those days of bushwalking through that scrub. But, it means that ANYONE, no matter how good they are, sure as heck couldn't see a body, items. Wowser.
Wouldn't it be easy enough to see if an area had been disturbed, thus not needing to go into the thickness of the bush

Any that live wild in Ballarat ?
No crocs but there have long been rumours of black panthers around Victoria. Multiple sightings. Some say they are just really big feral cats but there are people who swear black and blue that they have seen a black panther. This one about half way between Melbourne and Ballarat!

While we wait for info on what really happened I thought I’d share this for those interested in the animal theory.

Maybe it was Panther Poo in that bag?!

It seems to me that the simplest explanation is that the poor lady had a medical incident and staggered off the track before collapsing. I can think of a couple of fairly recent cases here in NSW where (admittedly elderly) people have disappeared off bush tracks and have been found months later by bushwalkers, despite extensive police searches with dogs at the time. In both cases the person aas off the track, but not far, and had simply been missed. They had suffered medical episodes. From what I understand, a surprisingly large number of people carry vascular malformations in their brains that are discovered incidentally after death and may or may not have caused problems during life. The point I am making is that no matter how young or fit we are, such medical episodes, although uncommon, do happen. Maybe that is the simplest explanation. But needless to say I hope sincerely that there is a happy outcome to the search.

No crocs but there have long been rumours of black panthers around Victoria. Multiple sightings. Some say they are just really big feral cats but there are people who swear black and blue that they have seen a black panther. This one about half way between Melbourne and Ballarat!

While we wait for info on what really happened I thought I’d share this for those interested in the animal theory.

Absolutely, quick google of Black Panther Ballarat brings up many links. Belinda Williams went missing from Buninyong, Tracey Howard was found not too many km's from Brown Hill (initially listed in search areas). Ballarat suicide rate (so homelessness / mental health issues too) are above average. I have seen a girl hanging from a rope at Lake Wendouree in broad daylight (was being removed by authorities when we were driving nearby - years ago). Have had many friends there suicide. Know about Bikie rumours, affairs in general. Let's hope we get some answers soon

It's about as plausible as the Beast of Bodmin and Nessie, so, salt cellars at the ready.

Like legends of subterranean tunnels under cities and towns or through mountains, stories of big cats roaming the land where they aren't native seems to be something that catches the imagination of many people all over the world.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member