Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO LE is making sure Sam actually did leave the property on foot.

When they can confirm that she didn’t jog they’ll go in harder

Only a coma would stop me from screaming from the rooftops to find my spouse.
Too distressed to speak? OMG!
Absolutely TGY. . . I’m not convinced she left for the run at 7am. Unless police have a CCTV pic of her outside the house just after that time, how do they know that ?

As I said, there might be an issue on how the dogs pick up her scents for the day she went missing in terms of distinguishing the scents to previous days she went running in the same direction.

Would the scent just stop at the spot of an incident when she ran past that same spot the previous day?
Do we know she went for a run the day before, or in the same area even.

If she did, we should’ve heard that her scent was picked up.

This is an interesting article on the different types of ‘skills’ that are utilised in a myriad of circumstances : How Search-and-rescue Dogs Work

Assuming she left the main entrance from her property … turn right ( south) to reach Eureka st
The less popular thought is she may have turned left ( north ) to access the track through the bollards ( that prevent vehicular traffic ) that will take you through to Elford St , where if you turn left ( west ) this will wind around back down to Eureka st .
There you could access the Canadian forest by turning left ( east ) to enter on Cathie st , or turn right ( west ) and enter on Long St .
We have been told although she regularly ran in the forest she did vary her actual routes .
If she did different runs, is there a track that she would have more likely selected for the shorter 10km run?

Absolutely TGY. . . I’m not convinced she left for the run at 7am. Unless police have a CCTV pic of her outside the house just after that time, how do they know that ?
Me neither, I think it's possible that's her coming back from a run/walk with her dog which she may have done earlier on that particular day due to the heat and her appts.

View attachment 484381
Mm, I couldn’t help but wonder if the journalists had rung every relative in the book until they found one who was rather, shall we say, unfiltered.
Yes I wonder, it wouldn't surprise me if DM did something like that .. it's also interesting that he hadn't thought of a cash stash though if you're trying to rule that out, I would have thought most people that disappear that way do so with squirreled away hard cash that usually no one knows about.. in saying that though all possibilities are still possible due to the nature of the case/little info we have although personally my gut isn't feeling that she did a phantom act either.. jmo

New Article … but it appears to have some discrepancies ???

Samantha Murphy's husband Mick speaks out after police were seen visiting the family home​

• Husband issues message to Australia
  • Comes after police visited family home
The heartbroken husband of missing mum-of-three Samantha Murphy has spoken out two weeks after his wife's disappearance.

Ms Murphy, 51, left her home off Eureka Street in East Ballarat, north-west of Melbourne, to go for a run in Woowookarung Regional Park just after 7am on February 4 and has not been seen since.

On Monday, her husband Mick Murphy issued a message to Australia.

'We want Sam home please,' he told 7News.

Mr Murphy told the outlet his family are 'doing the best we can under the circumstances'.

The DM are reporting this as occurring today, Monday, yet Seven News reported this information last night with the same wording …..

IMO
I’d say it’s just time differences.

That’s the thing that astounds me….did the dogs detect her anywhere outside of her property ?
If they had a scent, and it suddenly stopped, to me that would indicate she then got into a vehicle .
Were there signs of a struggle at that spot ?
Maybe she accepted a lift with someone she knew - many unsuspecting people have found themselves in the company of or falling foul of people who they never suspected as being ‘dangerous’.
I don't think it's very likely that she accepted a lift from anyone, known or unknown. Why would she, when the whole point of her being out was to exercise?

I suppose there are various reasons why someone might end up in a car even though they had planned to jog or run.
Maybe she came across someone who asked for directions and they grabbed her.

Perhaps it was someone she knew, an ex employee or someone who said they needed to talk to her.
I'm now thinking of the Kerry Whelan, Bruce Burrell case, where he lured her away on the pretext of some surprise for her husband. She was never seen again.

Or a total accident and somehow they havent' found her yet.

I'm hoping that the police know a lot more than we do.

I don't think it's very likely that she accepted a lift from anyone, known or unknown. Why would she, when the whole point of her being out was to exercise?
Yep, well I’m trying to mull over everything, because it’s certainly not the norm for a woman to suddenly disappear off the face of the earth in what appears to be in a space of seconds.

I am now wondering whether the grainy footage released by police initially thought to be of Samantha but surprisingly found to be of another woman was a ruse to try and flush out chatter and discussion amongst key suspect. My mind keeps changing but I am of the view SM never went for a run and will never be found. We have one solitary image of her holding a bag of dog poo. Seems very odd to me that a property of such note only has one cctv camera ( correct me if I am wrong ). Sam was obviously a go getter with a zest for life if her jogging is any indication. Perhaps someone didn't like her free spirited nature as they felt they were losing her to the big wide world as her children were now becoming independent of her. Rewatch the video press conference her husband and daughter did and note the distinct lack of real emotion from one party.

The part that interested me was:

Samantha and her husband were character witnesses for a bus driver who had an accident where six people were seriously injured.

Most likely nothing to do with Samantha vanishing but it did make me wonder.

Behind a paywall I think. Posting it here for those who subscribe
It’s paywalled for me, but there was an accident a few years back where Ballarat bus driver hit a low bridge & 6 people were seriously injured. He was found guilty of six charges of negligently causing serious injury, and was jailed for five years and three months, with a non-parole period of two-and-a-half years. However, he got off on appeal & was sentenced to community service for a lesser charge in early 2019.

Can’t see someone waiting that long for ‘payback’ and but you’d think the driver would be the one targeted, so I don’t sense any correlation to SM disappearance.

Sam was obviously a go getter with a zest for life if her jogging is any indication. Perhaps someone didn't like her free spirited nature as they felt they were losing her to the big wide world as her children were now becoming independent of her. Rewatch the video press conference her husband and daughter did and note the distinct lack of real emotion from one party.
RSBM
I really hope your suspicions are wrong, however they may not be, and there are no doubt plenty of statistics to back them up. Although it is very possible that we Websleuthers all have warped minds due to this "hobby" of ours!

deleted

Last edited:
I wonder if MM has gone back to work yet. I'd imagine it would be very difficult for him either way. Hopefully he has a right hand man to make sure the repair works continue and the $$ keep rolling into the business. Bills & wages still have to be paid.

It’s paywalled for me, but there was an accident a few years back where Ballarat bus driver hit a low bridge & 6 people were seriously injured. He was found guilty of six charges of negligently causing serious injury, and was jailed for five years and three months, with a non-parole period of two-and-a-half years. However, he got off on appeal & was sentenced to community service for a lesser charge in early 2019.

Can’t see someone waiting that long for ‘payback’ and but you’d think the driver would be the one targeted, so I don’t sense any correlation to SM disappearance.

Yes, that is the same accident where the Murphys defended the driver. Mick Murphy described JA (the driver) as a mentor, patient, generous with his time and knowledge, and diligent about personal safety.
Samantha also defended JA in an interview with the Ballarat Courier at the time.

(as per the Australian article that Tootsie linked, and this article about the bus crash, same man - JA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteCamo