Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy’s uncle and aunt have since speculated that the only explanation for her disappearance is foul play, fearing she was abducted by a deranged stalker.

“It’s just like she’s gone off the face of the earth. There’s nothing,” aunt Janice Robson told the Daily Mail.

“You’d think the police dogs would have been able to pick up her scent. They should have been able to pick up where she ran into that forest.”
Crews scoured dense bushland in the Canadian State Forest for missing woman Samantha Murphy.

Murphy’s uncle and aunt have since speculated that the only explanation for her disappearance is foul play, fearing she was abducted by a deranged stalker.

“It’s just like she’s gone off the face of the earth. There’s nothing,” aunt Janice Robson told the Daily Mail.

“You’d think the police dogs would have been able to pick up her scent. They should have been able to pick up where she ran into that forest.”
Crews scoured dense bushland in the Canadian State Forest for missing woman Samantha Murphy.

I hope the aunt and uncle have been given permission by the family to speak out.
Some of their comments weren’t very circumspect, ie saying Samantha always wanted to be famous.

I wouldn’t think SM would be on the Feds register, as she is a missing person in Vic . No evidence that she has crossed state borders or been involved in a federal crime.
The national missing persons register that I mentioned - for the long term missing, which they define as more than 3 months, is the AFP (aus feds), the national missing person's co ordination centre. The case seems to remains in the jurisdiction of the state they went missing from. They don't have to be federal/ cross state lines to be national cases here. (or at least co ordinated nationally)
www.missingpersons.gov.au
www.missingpersons.gov.au

"The husband of Samantha Murphy has spoken out
two weeks after she was last seen,
with investigators seemingly no closer to locating the mum of three.

Sunday marked 14 days
since the 51-year-old was last seen outside home,
preparing to go on her usual morning run.

When asked if there was a message he wanted to get out to the community,
Mick said:

'Just that we want Sam home please'.

Forensic psychologist
Tim Watson-Munro said police would be looking at

a 'different line of endeavour now'

after nothing of significance was found during their searches of the nearby state forest and surrounding areas where she would normally run.

'(Police would be) looking at telecommunications,
GPS positioning,
social media,
speaking with significant others in the community and the family',
he said."

Is it usual to put a mannequin of a missing person?
Yes and sometimes a real person, sometimes a police woman dresses the same as a missing woman did, right down to similar hair etc, and goes for a walk on the same path that the missing woman was last seen on.

This is recorded and put out along with the request, did anyone see this woman

They need to search all the tracks again but be more attentive. Happened near Mt Buller (Victoria) a few years back, body was found on the 3rd pass a few meters off track (infact right behind where media were doing their live crosses)

There are lots of things with this case that don't 'add up'. It feels like LE aren't even going through normal motions.

IMO LE is making sure Sam actually did leave the property on foot.

When they can confirm that she didn’t jog they’ll go in harder

Only a coma would stop me from screaming from the rooftops to find my spouse.
Too distressed to speak? OMG!

Last edited:
I noticed that Samantha's husband Mick is wearing, which looks like the same watch as her Apple Watch

You would think he would know where she is, apple watches allow you to share their locations with you, they appear on a map, so you can quickly see where they are.
Surely the police have looked into this

sh View attachment 484231
not everyone sets this up. we don't have it set up that way in my family. I can see my 12 yo son's iPad's location (and the main use of that is it being left behind at school or someone from school accidentally taking it home, which has happened a couple of times) but that's it - none of the adults/older teens in this house can track each other

not everyone sets this up. we don't have it set up that way in my family. I can see my 12 yo son's iPad's location (and the main use of that is it being left behind at school or someone from school accidentally taking it home, which has happened a couple of times) but that's it - none of the adults/older teens in this house can track each other

I think it is a good idea to wear some kind of GPS tracker while jogging in wilderness.

There are nice bracelets even.
1708302712019.png

They need to search all the tracks again but be more attentive. Happened near Mt Buller (Victoria) a few years back, body was found on the 3rd pass a few meters off track (infact right behind where media were doing their live crosses)

Yes, It seems like it's not uncommon for a person's remains to be found in an area that has been previously searched, sometimes several times.

IMO LE is making sure Sam actually did leave the property on foot.

When they can confirm that she didn’t jog they’ll go in harder

Only a coma would stop me from screaming from the rooftops to find my spouse.
Too distressed to speak? OMG!
Same here, my friend; you want EVERY RESOURCE engaged to find a missing person as uncomfortable as that makes you feel. Where are the missing person fliers plastered around? Is there talk of a reward? Use social media (Yes I know the Find SM FB page was taken down due to trolls but hey other cases have this on Twitter, and Insta etc.) Distribute more photos. She was a runner, hold a fundraising run for a reward. Wrist bands, stickers, yes its only been two weeks but TIME is of the essence.

I think it is a good idea to wear some kind of GPS tracker while jogging in wilderness.

There are nice bracelets even.
View attachment 484367
i don't know that I'd call where SM was 'wilderness'. Ballarat is a town of nearly 120k people. Yes it's semi-rural on its outskirts (including where she went running) but its not the outback or something.

Apple will share information with law enforcement when a legit request is made, although what they can share can be limited by what was already enabled on the device. For example, if she never set up Find My device, or disabled it, it can't be retroactively enabled by Apple remotely or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735