Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've said no such thing.

The police would prefer not to give any member of the public preconceived notions of what happened, because they need as much information as possible, in case it could be helpful for the investigation. imo
In a comment that appeared to suggest Ms Murphy may have been targeted, Superintendent Hatt said: 'We have no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anyone else.'

Which means this attack was solely for Samantha

I’ve taken a “stroll” down Boak Road via Google Street View. It looks to be a very desolate road. I’d be interested to know if she stuck to paved roads and footpaths or if she didn’t mind running on some dirt tracks. As a runner myself, I’d stick to sealed roads for fear of rolling an ankle or hurting my knee on an unsealed track.

I can see that if she was running along a sealed or unsealed part of the road with headphones in, music on, you wouldn’t hear an approaching or oncoming vehicle (car / 4wd / dirt bike) and they could perhaps not see her either.

A sudden collision… she’s hit and thrown into bushland. Either she’s left there or they collect her then (or come back for her) and cover their tracks.

In a comment that appeared to suggest Ms Murphy may have been targeted, Superintendent Hatt said: 'We have no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anyone else.'

Which means this attack was solely for Samantha
The question was really hard to hear over the birds. So yeah it could mean that, but it was a question from a journalist about whether to be more cautious because of this disappearance. So it could mean a lot of things really.

Y
I’ve taken a “stroll” down Boak Road via Google Street View. It looks to be a very desolate road. I’d be interested to know if she stuck to paved roads and footpaths or if she didn’t mind running on some dirt tracks. As a runner myself, I’d stick to sealed roads for fear of rolling an ankle or hurting my knee on an unsealed track.

I can see that if she was running along a sealed or unsealed part of the road with headphones in, music on, you wouldn’t hear an approaching or oncoming vehicle (car / 4wd / dirt bike) and they could perhaps not see her either.

A sudden collision… she’s hit and thrown into bushland. Either she’s left there or they collect her then (or come back for her) and cover their tracks.
You are correct , it’s a very desolate rough track , far more ‘technical ‘from a runners perspective than the 7 Km running from her home to this point in Mt Clear . I walked this Boak Rd a few times , it’s not unusual to come across a burnt out stolen vehicle or evidence there of .
Given her timeframe for her expected 14 Km run in two hours to me it’s unlikely Sam would have chosen Boak Rd , rather the much smoother , wider and open Recreation Rd would be obvious path but from my experience one needs to be well aware of possible quickly moving vehicular traffic in both directions ( read no EarPods) .
A short distance westwards along Rec Rd and you have the opportunity to return homewards with two tracks taking you back towards Boundary Rd .

Perhaps the forensic search was from Boak Road thru the scrub and back to Recreational Road ??? the area of scrub between the two roads…???

Some intelligence made the Police go back to that area for a forensic search ….most likely information from Samantha’s devices….

IMO

I don't wish to malign Samantha at all, but we have heard that she had a strong personality, and I do wonder if some people thought that she was "bossy" and resented her?
I have wondered whether there was a territorial issue: somebody asserted ownership of his campsite and she said that on the contrary not only was it public land but camping there was illegal; or she took shortcuts, more than once, through land that really did belong to somebody else.

You are correct , it’s a very desolate rough track , far more ‘technical ‘from a runners perspective than the 7 Km running from her home to this point in Mt Clear . I walked this Boak Rd a few times , it’s not unusual to come across a burnt out stolen vehicle or evidence there of .
Given her timeframe for her expected 14 Km run in two hours to me it’s unlikely Sam would have chosen Boak Rd , rather the much smoother , wider and open Recreation Rd would be obvious path but from my experience one needs to be well aware of possible quickly moving vehicular traffic in both directions ( read no EarPods) .
A short distance westwards along Rec Rd and you have the opportunity to return homewards with two tracks taking you back towards Boundary Rd .

To be honest,
I would be scared to go jogging there alone :oops:

But then, I'm a city girl and not accustomed to such wilderness.

I don't wish to malign Samantha at all, but we have heard that she had a strong personality, and I do wonder if some people thought that she was "bossy" and resented her?
The thought crossed my mind that being such a driven, hard working person herself that she would let a lazy worker know pretty quickly to pull up their socks otherwise they won't have a job much longer but kidnapping your boss seems pretty extreme! I just feel that we are talking about a deeply troubled person who she showed kindness to and is now paying the price but of course, anything is possible which is why this is so stressful.

Y

It seems that if Sam did end up on Boak Road it may not have been of her own doing.
But it may be where her GPS trail led the police.

I wonder if it is possible that Sam was taken that relatively short distance from Recreation Road - because it seems more private - then assaulted, and moved/hidden.

The thought crossed my mind that being such a driven, hard working person herself that she would let a lazy worker know pretty quickly to pull up their socks otherwise they won't have a job much longer but kidnapping your boss seems pretty extreme! I just feel that we are talking about a deeply troubled person who she showed kindness to and is now paying the price but of course, anything is possible which is why this is so stressful.
I know it’s extreme, but sadly these days, it is not unheard of for a disgruntled employee to go back and kill their employer with a firearm...

IMO

Perhaps the forensic search was from Boak Road thru the scrub and back to Recreational Road ??? the area of scrub between the two roads…???

Some intelligence made the Police go back to that area for a forensic search ….most likely information from Samantha’s devices….

IMO
It seems likely that evidence on her devices indicated that something happened at Boak Road. I added red line as possible running route, purple represents 4 roads that she crossed during her run.

The overview map is from abcnews linked upthread.

Attachments

• 1708841316498.png
    1708841316498.png
    727.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1708841332731.png
    1708841332731.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 1708841734119.png
    1708841734119.png
    727.3 KB · Views: 41
Yes I just wondered if he was Inferring lots of comings and goings before Samantha was reported missing,and where they were all going.
My thoughts are that she was removed from My Clear by someone she knows, hence very little evidence and a lot of focus on the family. Perhaps she got into a car of her own accord because it was someone she knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState