Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is how I remember it too. In the daughter's presser, she talked about SM being strong, like she'd recently had hurdles to overcome. Wonder if this was because of ongoing stress or conflict within her life. So maybe because of this, they were alerted to potential issues as soon as she was missing.
The police would be checking....

Life Insurance, If the business was in her name and she actually owned it, finances including the business, If there were any divorce proceedings happening, someone had an intense dislike etc...

They say there is always a motive, so who has the motive ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m pretty sure the media said the search was on this road.

Yes, you are right.

The Google preview shows that it was mentioned in the Age article at one point, but it seems to have been removed from the article now. It could have been a photo description in the original article, but MSN reproduces very few photos from the articles it re-publishes. imo

b.jpg

There have been a few interesting coincidences recently in Ballarat.
I'm not saying they are connected just putting it out there. In Oct last year a senior Bandido member was shot outside their clubhouse. The clubhouse is in the same Industrial estate, a 2 min drive from Inland Smash repairs, owned by the Murphy's.

Then in Dec 2023 another Smash repair business in Ballarat, which is only 2.5km from the Industrial estate is involved in major fraud charges.
Apologies that this article is behind a paywall

Biker gangs in Australia are notoriously standover merchants and involved in car rebirthing and the smash repair industry.
Once again I'd like to stress that I'm not saying the Murphy business was involved its just interesting. I'm probably seeing patterns where there aren't any.

Then there was the murder/suicide of the Bandido and his partner in Sebastapol recently.
It's interesting when you map out all these locations along with the Mt Clear and Murphy's home.

Just spitballing as they say

I'm not saying they are connected just putting it out there. In Oct last year a senior Bandido member was shot outside their clubhouse. The clubhouse is in the same Industrial estate, a 2 min drive from Inland Smash repairs, owned by the Murphy's.

Then in Dec 2023 another Smash repair business in Ballarat, which is only 2.5km from the Industrial estate is involved in major fraud charges.

Biker gangs in Australia are notoriously standover merchants and involved in car rebirthing and the smash repair industry.
Once again I'd like to stress that I'm not saying the Murphy business was involved its just interesting. I'm probably seeing patterns where there aren't any.

Then there was the murder/suicide of the Bandido and his partner in Sebastapol recently.
It's interesting when you map out all these locations along with the Mt Clear and Murphy's home.

After reading about the close proximity of a violent assault one year ago 15 km away, I'm leaning towards that type of disappearance.

First time posting on this case.
I find the Sissy Austin assault from back in Feb last year, hard not to think about when thinking about this missing persons case. It’s just a massive red flag for me being recent, only 15kms away approx, given it’s a female jogging in the bush and the man was never caught.
Also the report by the campers (Rebecca agheli & Michael church hill) who recently saw someone who looked odd looking / scary who seems to match the type of person who assaulted Sissy Austin.
It’s just feels too much of a red flag / coincidence for me and I think this person they described is more than likely the person who attacked Samantha Murphy.
Of course there are definitely other options on what could have happened but I feel that this person would be at the top of my suspect list.
Have there been any further reports (eg. by locals) on who this person could be?
these folks or this person do not seem to have a vehicle (?) IMO so while they/he might be able to hide a body by tossing it in the brush, are they really capable of moving some one a great distance or tidying up a crime scene?

these folks or this person do not seem to have a vehicle (?) IMO so while they/he might be able to hide a body by tossing it in the brush, are they really capable of moving some one a great distance or tidying up a crime scene?
Investigators are searching on a service-road/ trail called Boak Road. Someone could easily have seen Samantha on Eureka Road, and criss-crossed her running path in a car until she was at Boak Road.

Red is possible running route, four roads are purple. Dot is Boak Road.

Attachments

• 1708832580563.png
    1708832580563.png
    727.9 KB · Views: 27
It would be a big risk to Samantha's family if she worked undercover with police. That alone leaves me doubting any connection to organized crime.

Didn't police ask about vehicles with some damage? That would be related to someone hitting Samantha with a vehicle - accidentally, or intentionally, and removing her from the scene.

She could have been accosted on the trails and then taken somewhere by vehicle (more than one person). She might be in the area, but it sounds like investigators are trying to pinpoint the exact location where something went wrong. That is, they're looking for evidence that was dropped or left behind at the time of the attack so they can find the original crime scene. Search dogs might be useful if the crime scene can be located.
Yes I agree with all the above and police asking about vehicles with damage could also be related to non human collisions. They mention property damage too. The driver/s may have had to drive through private fences or gates to leave the area unseen by main roads or people. They also may have swerved and hit trees or street sign poles/letterboxes/wheelie bins-things on the edges of dwellings. If someone demanded Samantha to get in a car and she didn't, and as police say they believe she was removed from the area unwillingly or "not under her own steam" this could of led to the perp/s having to travel in directions they hadn't planned on, higher risk areas. There could also be a call out for help from the initial perp and she was transferred to another vehicle and taken elsewhere so one car is tracked and pinged and another is seen nearby within that 7AM to 7PM Sunday time bracket. A car is clocked without damage but doesn't return the same route, or at all. Police have searched many properties. I don't like to think that Sam was hit by a car either deliberately or accidentally because it is so awful but its obviously a big possibility. If it was intentional, who wants that kind of evidence to conceal? But as many have noted things don't always go to plan and, someone in an irrational elevated state may not have been thinking ahead like that. People who commit these crimes are not always as smart as they think they are. Police may be hoping for a strand of hair or fabric or a spot of blood, that would be solid evidence. They also may be just looking for dashcam footage of someone driving in and out of the area of interest with a banged up panel/broken light to get a match on forensics that also lines up with a ping or traffic light camera photo.
This was a longer post than intended!

Opportunistic predator.
Random, you mean?
It’s extremely rare.
As in rare that anyone commits an unplanned, random attack on a person they don’t know (unless their mind is significantly altered by mental Illness/drugs).
It’s also very rare that the perpetrator is unknown to the victim.
In most cases, it’s neatly almost always someone the victim knows.(unless it’s an organised crime ‘hit’)

Opportunistic crimes leave evidence.
IMHO I really don’t think this was opportunistic.

Nope. This is a well planned organised hit
Opportunistic predators keep an eye out for vulnerable women. They are organized in their predatory behaviour. When they see a vulnerable woman, they put the plan into action. Think Bundy, ready with a fake cast and crutches. They all have a plan that they believe guarantees not getting caught, because they don't want to get caught.

After reading about the close proximity of a violent assault one year ago 15 km away, I'm leaning towards that type of disappearance.

That poor girl didn't disappear,

she very luckily woke up after being badly concussed and was not interfered with, she struggled to get back

The person who did that, didn't take the matter further, as they could have if they wanted to

Samantha's case is different. The police have said they feel this is a target attack as well

Someone made sure there was no weapon, no evidence and no body

Most likely a paid hit

There's Buninyong cemetery mentioned here.
Victoria seems to accept them.

Opportunistic predators keep an eye out for vulnerable women. They are organized in their predatory behaviour. When they see a vulnerable woman, they put the plan into action. Think Bundy, ready with a fake cast and crutches. They all have a plan that they believe guarantees not getting caught, because they don't want to get caught.
If that was the case the police would be warning the public and there would be more concerns for the community and anyone entering the bush

This is not the case. The police have said, Ms Murphy may have been targeted, Superintendent Hatt said: 'We have no intelligence or evidence to suggest that there's any risk to anyone else.'

I am sure the police know exactly what happened and who are responsible, they are just waiting for that final piece of the jigsaw

Before they start raiding homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member