Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what evidence police have already.
We know they have
- plenty of cctv
-some phone data / pings
-done a search ‘somewhat’ of the house
- took items from the business
- obviously spoken to family & friends
Wonder where this will all lead … hopefully building a case .
IMO it does all lead to someone

Hoping SM found soon for her families sake .

This is incorrect information. They are formally recommending the area NW of Ballarat - towards Beaufort - evacuate from tonight/early tomorrow. It is going to be 38c tomorrow which is what this article refers to. There is no contradicting info.
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding my observations were based on what was and still is the latest (as of 5 mins ago when I checked again) update on the vicemergency website which we have been told repeatedly to pay attention to as it is supposed to be the most up to date information for emergency's like this. I hadn't seen the latest news or weather for tomorrow

I don't think I have ever run more than 100m at pace in my entire life! So that risk is taken care of. Running is just too exhausting and bad for your knees.
BUT unfortunately, I do like mushrooms, and will forever check the colour of the gills underneath when I am not the one cooking mushies.
Strawberries shall always be cut and panadol will have to be sealed.
It is interesting, that crime forces people to such startling changes in habit. I feel for all those runners who regularly take those trails that SM traversed. They have to be changing their routines and habits.

Respectfully, I disagree; "keeping him in line" said in "jest" in Australia, is a statement used to cover up & make light of inappropriate, bad or so-called larikin-ish (usually male) behaviour, with an inherent underlying suggestion of risk-taking & immaturity in the one who has to be "kept in line". It also suggests that responsibility & taking care of things properly rests with the individual (usually female, a mother role, so to speak) tasked with keeping the other immature party "in line", which can lead to resentment by the party being "kept in line". This seemingly innocent phrase carries a lot of weight, imo. When I first read it in SM's job/role description at the family business, this phrase stood out to me regarding her personal & professional relationship with her husband & business partner. I think I read that SM & MM were teen sweethearts? If that was the case, SM would have had to have been "keeping him in line" for a long time :-( . Someone being "kept in line", especially over a long time, may well end up resenting being "kept in line" at some point. Or they may be fearful &/or angry if it looks like they were going to lose the person keeping them "in line", as then who will be responsible for their actions & risk taking?! Who will make things right?! Not the person who needs to be "kept in line". Really, few people want to have to be another person's "keeper". While this is my opinion only, I speak from personal experience of having being married to a so-called "larrikin" risk taker for 30 years, who I finally left when the kids were grown, as I was over being his keeper & keeping him in line. I note that when a woman leaves, or intends to a leave a relationship, is the most high-risk time for her. I also note that "tradies industries" are amongst the most misogynistic in Australia, so just because "keeping him in line" may be a seemingly "normalised" phrase in "tradies industry", this does not make it ok.
Excellent post....

I was thinking that it could be associated with Mick's love of classic cars. "I think I will buy this classic car, honey. It's a beauty". "I think you probably have enough of them, Mick".

And I don't think the humorous comment would be published on the company website if it really was an issue within the family.

imo
Depends who runs the company website

Respectfully, I disagree; "keeping him in line" said in "jest" in Australia, is a statement used to cover up & make light of inappropriate, bad or so-called larikin-ish (usually male) behaviour, with an inherent underlying suggestion of risk-taking & immaturity in the one who has to be "kept in line". It also suggests that responsibility & taking care of things properly rests with the individual (usually female, a mother role, so to speak) tasked with keeping the other immature party "in line", which can lead to resentment by the party being "kept in line". This seemingly innocent phrase carries a lot of weight, imo. When I first read it in SM's job/role description at the family business, this phrase stood out to me regarding her personal & professional relationship with her husband & business partner. I think I read that SM & MM were teen sweethearts? If that was the case, SM would have had to have been "keeping him in line" for a long time :-( . Someone being "kept in line", especially over a long time, may well end up resenting being "kept in line" at some point. Or they may be fearful &/or angry if it looks like they were going to lose the person keeping them "in line", as then who will be responsible for their actions & risk taking?! Who will make things right?! Not the person who needs to be "kept in line". Really, few people want to have to be another person's "keeper". While this is my opinion only, I speak from personal experience of having being married to a so-called "larrikin" risk taker for 30 years, who I finally left when the kids were grown, as I was over being his keeper & keeping him in line. I note that when a woman leaves, or intends to a leave a relationship, is the most high-risk time for her. I also note that "tradies industries" are amongst the most misogynistic in Australia, so just because "keeping him in line" may be a seemingly "normalised" phrase in "tradies industry", this does not make it ok.

I think perhaps it's a reminder to customers to treat her with respect. They might suck up to Mick, but if they treat 'the secretary' like s***, they'll find their business is no longer wanted.
Some food for thought from a blog by Steve Laube about “authorial intent”.
It is actually impossible to know … what the author was thinking about and intending to convey in their writing…. You can mistake irony for plain speech, misunderstand who or what they are talking about, interpret advice as criticism, or even misunderstand the meaning of a word – for example, “that’s incredible” (“amazing” or “unbelievable”?), “that’s confusing” (a reference to what they describe, or the way they’re describing it?), “How much?” (“too much” or “too little”?)…. When you add the fact that an author is from a different family and area, possibly from a different culture, language, country, religion, and time period, there are so many possibilities for misunderstanding that some have concluded we can never be sure what the author meant.
Hopefully, there is nothing sinister behind what is written on the company website, and as others have pointed out it is all too familiar in Aussie Culture to use this sort of banter.

Found the article, it is DM but it does mention what I thought. Memory mustn’t be too bad just yet lol.

~ The couple decided to pack up and go to another area, which Ms Agheli guesses was about a seven-minute drive away.

She said her partner had warned her of mine shafts in the area and suggested they go elsewhere, but Ms Agheli wanted to have a quick look and wandered a short distance away from the car.

'Then I saw the same guy again even after we'd just driven about seven minutes,' she said.

'His whole face lit up when he saw a woman on his own.

I was thinking, "how did this guy get here so fast, he must know a shortcut". He had both of his hands behind his back and started walking towards me really fast ~

If I saw Bigfoot without his top off I'd be travelling a lot further than seven minutes away to set up camp!

MOO

Last edited:
I think perhaps it's a reminder to customers to treat her with respect. They might suck up to Mick, but if they treat 'the secretary' like s***, they'll find their business is no longer wanted.
Not 'secretary' .... co-owner or director is her title!

I do get what you're saying though JLZ

Last edited:
I can't get rid of the feeling that this could be a case of revenge + extortion, (and would be delighted to be proven wrong.)
There's definitely been some dramatic things occurring within the towtruck/crash repair industry in Ballarat lately.
IMO this would be something of which Ballarat residents are well aware, but not necessarily non-Ballarat residents.

Two people linked to a prominent Ballarat towing company have been accused of “extensive” deception while contracted by Victoria Police.
Several stories about this, all behind paywalls for subscribers.

Possibly this situation has contributed to Victoria Police's reluctance to respond to questions relating to Bikie Gangs IMO.

Speculation entirely here - IMO if someone's usual "go-to" car rebirther was suddenly no longer able to provide their usual services, it may force some folks with criminal agendas to seek an alternative - and if these people received a knockback, IMO they wouldn't be very happy - at all. JMO
I think Victorian police are right onto this, couple of points that is mentioned Michael lost his smartwatch and it pinned in the same area where Samantha phone pinged
The same day she disappeared.
Then there's Victorian Police saying that there was a lot of movement on that day that morning at the home.
Conclusion I don't think Samantha had any enemies

I wonder what evidence police have already.
We know they have
- plenty of cctv
-some phone data / pings
-done a search ‘somewhat’ of the house
- took items from the business
- obviously spoken to family & friends
Wonder where this will all lead … hopefully building a case .
IMO it does all lead to someone

Hoping SM found soon for her families sake .
Yes I wonder what her phone messages, calls reveal??

MOO

I think Victorian police are right onto this, couple of points that is mentioned Michael lost his smartwatch and it pinned in the same area where Samantha phone pinged
The same day she disappeared.
Then there's Victorian Police saying that there was a lot of movement on that day that morning at the home.
Conclusion I don't think Samantha had any enemies
Wrong Michael. Camper Michael not Husband Michael.

Yes I wonder what her phone messages, calls reveal??

MOO

This is from from The Daily Mail. Last two paragraphs or interesting referring to Michael and Samantha's home.

Superintendent Hatt suggested several people may well turn out to be suspects as the investigation progressed.

If they had a suspect now, he refused to say.

'We have a number of people we are speaking to,' he said.

'All I can say is our avenues are taking us down certain directions and we're following everything.'

Who was home at the time Ms Murphy embarked on her run remains unanswered, but Superintendent Hatt suggested they know the answer and where they went that day.

'There's a lot of movements to and from the house during the day and again we're very, very confident we have tracked all of those movements and we are following up on everything,' he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214