Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
IMOO
The search for SM is similar to the search for William Tyrell. So much time, evidence was lost & quashed, police allowing people to walk through the property or area whilst searching for WT. So much precious time has been wasted in the first 48 hours searching for SM now leading to a protracted search for SM.
I don’t think VPOL reacted quick enough and It’s sad to see in similar situations from previous cases lessons haven’t been learnt or search strategies haven’t changed and implemented. I don’t think her disappearance was taken seriously enough from the get go..

IMOO
It seems lack of evidence that she was killed on the walking track … unless police have released evidence they have ?

So where was the crime committed?
In a car ?
At another outdoor location ?
At someone’s house / business ?

And where oh where is here body .

IMOO
The search for SM is similar to the search for William Tyrell. So much time, evidence was lost & quashed, police allowing people to walk through the property or area whilst searching for WT. So much precious time has been wasted in the first 48 hours searching for SM now leading to a protracted search for SM.
I don’t think VPOL reacted quick enough and It’s sad to see in similar situations from previous cases lessons haven’t been learnt or search strategies haven’t changed and implemented. I don’t think her disappearance was taken seriously enough from the get go..
Let’s wait and see shall we , maybe the police are right on to it .
- maybe it was obvious from the start & they are gathering evidence

Let’s wait and see shall we , maybe the police are right on to it .
- maybe it was obvious from the start & they are gathering evidence
I would think 4 weeks on they now have enough evidence to piece together what happened in the first few hours of her disappearance. Though the initial search for SM I think started off slow to cordon off areas from the public and other measures put in place to preserve as much evidence as possible. JMOO

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think her neighbours saw her jog past.

I think you are thinking of the CCTV from a neighbour's camera that recorded someone jogging at 7:16am ... but the person later came forward and identified themselves. It wasn't Sam.

Neighbour's camera:

Not Sam:

I can't get rid of the feeling that this could be a case of revenge + extortion, (and would be delighted to be proven wrong.)
There's definitely been some dramatic things occurring within the towtruck/crash repair industry in Ballarat lately.
IMO this would be something of which Ballarat residents are well aware, but not necessarily non-Ballarat residents.

Two people linked to a prominent Ballarat towing company have been accused of “extensive” deception while contracted by Victoria Police.
Several stories about this, all behind paywalls for subscribers.

Possibly this situation has contributed to Victoria Police's reluctance to respond to questions relating to Bikie Gangs IMO.

Speculation entirely here - IMO if someone's usual "go-to" car rebirther was suddenly no longer able to provide their usual services, it may force some folks with criminal agendas to seek an alternative - and if these people received a knockback, IMO they wouldn't be very happy - at all. JMO
Don't forget tonight under investigation Channel 9, 9 o'clock Disappearance of Samantha Murphy

She was seen leaving her house and she did a run? or did someone else do that run for her?
She’s seen on cctv leaving for a run and police have her phone and watch data.
So IMO, the reason they can confidently say she made it to the 7km mark, is because the cctv, phone, watch, heart rate data etc all match up.
If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be confident in the last press conference remarks.

She was seen leaving her house and she did a run? or did someone else do that run for her?
But was she seen leaving the house ?
Was the CCTV of her in driveway cleaning up dog poo in her workout gear ( although that’s what I wear when doing house or yard work )

IMOO yes it is very possible that some has tried to throw people off where she is actually is by throwing her phone in the bush.

IMOO
It seems lack of evidence that she was killed on the walking track … unless police have released evidence they have ?

So where was the crime committed?
In a car ?
At another outdoor location ?
At someone’s house / business ?

And where oh where is here body .
The perpetrators would want her out of there quickly, so she wouldn't draw someone's attention

Wiith due respect to fellow, sleuthers who have problems marrying the turnover from the business to a 2.2 m house. I can assure you (from a very personal expereince over 40 years), that the panel beating/tow truck industry is and has been a multi million dollar business for a long time. Mostly from insurance claims. I also have a coldie regularly wih a friend who quit his 20 job teaching panel beating. And bought a said business,when asked in the last few days how it was going quote, ( mate I cannot do any smash repairs until at least xmas I am booked up with insurance claims). And he is no way big in this large inland city. JMO though

Does anyone else remember reading in the press that 4 Feb was Sam's return to serious exercise after suffering from a bad dose of covid in January? The covid was why she didn't go away to the coast with the family in January? That she announced her return to serious exercise at the Sat night dinner out with friends the night before her disappearance and referred to 7amish start and distance? If all this is factual then the people at the dinner need to be closely looked at as if the disappearance was targeted, they knew what she was planning Sunday morning, that she would be alone at an early hour when it was unlikely witnesses would be around. Her routine was disrupted by covid so only they knew she was going back to her serious exercise next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member