Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still thinking it was a hit and run, panicked, body taken and removed. The roads within these areas are prone to this happening. Roads are tight, dirt sides, people distracted on phones, nobody does the limit. I am no fan of the roads in the areas around where this has occurred. I generally cut through buninyong to avoid the Ballarat metro. I stopped doing it night due to near misses.

It was the first thing that came to mind when I heard of the area. That stupid bloody road and someone probably being hit.

Arrested yesterday and still held 24 hours later makes me think that they are interrogating him on Samantha’s whereabouts.

The police want answers, possibly others involved, where is poor Sam

I had a good feeling this was going to be solved fairly soon as the police knew I felt earlier, but the phone pings
and so much CCTV and information was coming in, the community wanted this solved !

*omg, surprisingly good/bad news?
A 22-year-old Ballarat man was arrested Wednesday morning at his home by Missing Persons Squad detectives, Victoria Police said,

“He remains in custody, however no charges have been laid at this time,” police said

“We understand that there is a continued high level of interest in this investigation and concern about Samantha’s disappearance, however it remains critical that any speculation does not impede any aspects of the investigation.”

Police last month revealed they suspected “one or more parties” were involved in the disappearance of Murphy, saying it was “very doubtful” she was still alive.

Arrested yesterday and still held 24 hours later makes me think that they are interrogating him on Samantha’s whereabouts.

The release to the media about his arrest may assist the police in putting pressure on this man. To divulge Sam's location.

I imagine that many people in Ballarat will already know who it is. If they don't already know, they will work it out soon.
The man should soon feel the wrath of the town.

imo

I’m still thinking it was a hit and run, panicked, body taken and removed. The roads within these areas are prone to this happening. Roads are tight, dirt sides, people distracted on phones, nobody does the limit.
Would something like this have left more evidence/a scene that would have required clean up?? Not familiar with what this would leave behind but assuming that might be the case?

Arrest details are not usually made public although charge names are often public. E.g. the Ballarat Court list will likely name him once he is charged and appears for a bail hearing in the next day or so (assuming he is charged) if he hasn't already. The police can suppress the name however depending on the offense (unlikely here as the victim is an adult and publicly known) and if it could affect a future trial and fairness of the jury; I would not be surprised if the name is suppressed initially and an order placed on the media to not name them.
I love that there are so many intelligent people on this forum from all walks of life who offer their insights. My small brain is so grateful to you all x

Would something like this have left more evidence/a scene that would have required clean up?? Not familiar with what this would leave behind but assuming that might be the case?
To be blunt, patches of blood and bits of vehicle debris are just part of the scenery on country roads. Kangaroos, rabbits, foxes, and just about everything else with feathers or fur just wants to throw itself in front of your car, no matter how carefully you drive.

MOO

I’m still thinking it was a hit and run, panicked, body taken and removed. The roads within these areas are prone to this happening. Roads are tight, dirt sides, people distracted on phones, nobody does the limit. I am no fan of the roads in the areas around where this has occurred. I generally cut through buninyong to avoid the Ballarat metro. I stopped doing it night due to near misses.

It was the first thing that came to mind when I heard of the area. That stupid bloody road and someone probably being hit.
Me too. That’s what I’ve thought all along. For a young 22 year old, he had to have had help to keep out of authorities radar for so long. If so, someone had to help hide body and car, but who would help him, especially if it was more than one? Blood runs deep.

The release to the media about his arrest may assist the police in putting pressure on this man. To divulge Sam's location.

I imagine that many people in Ballarat will already know who it is. If they don't already know, they will work it out soon.
The man should soon feel the wrath of the town.

imo

I agree with the pressure, another reason they did the show under investigation

I think the police have been watching person/s for quite a while, but they kept the pressure up
I had a feeling it was someone and possible others who know the area well

I would be surprised if he acted alone

It will be interesting when more info comes out...

I agree with the pressure, another reason they did the show under investigation

I think the police have been watching person/s for quite a while, but they kept the pressure up
I had a feeling it was someone and possible others who know the area well

I would be surprised if he acted alone

It will be interesting when more info comes out...

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a methed-up junkie who thinks he is superman and was on a 3 day bender when he encountered Sam on the trails.

Let's just hope we get some more info about him, before he is charged and sub judice kicks in.

imo

Last edited:
Wow. This is fantastic news & I'm so impressed that the huge amount of info / data and cctv has been evaluated to reach this result. No arrest yet but clearly they have enough to hold him / some link that will hopefully unlock more.

Also - this case has certainly gripped me & I feel (as intuitive vs fact as it may be) that the Samantha, husband and family are genuine, kind people so while it is an awful potential outcome I'm grateful that they might see some kind of justice for her.

I did always get a youth energy (motorbike) but trail bike not Bikie. And more than one player. Will not say more. Have had some repeated dreams.

Wow. This is fantastic news & I'm so impressed that the huge amount of info / data and cctv has been evaluated to reach this result. No arrest yet but clearly they have enough to hold him / some link that will hopefully unlock more.

Also - this case has certainly gripped me & I feel (as intuitive vs fact as it may be) that the Samantha, husband and family are genuine, kind people so while it is an awful potential outcome I'm grateful that they might see some kind of justice for her.

I did always get a youth energy (motorbike) but trail bike not Bikie. And more than one player. Will not say more. Have had some repeated dreams.

So young at 22 and has already (allegedly) ruined so many lives.
Including his own.

What a tragedy.
These poor children of Samantha :(

And the whole poor family :(

They would be likely going off phone data for whoever was driving in the area, they would have a fairly good window to narrow down, and traffic wouldn’t be that busy, they would be able to shortlist some people. They might have had cctv footage from a certain location which also gave them rego data. Then getting into finer details, matching cctv shots from cars entering and exiting the area, then even doing time testing and working out which car was in the area longer vs what would be required, probably only a few mins but it all counts.

Hit and runs do involve a heck of a lot of work putting that puzzle together but it can be done.

Well done to the teams involved. It is incredibly hard to sometimes put these cases together, and to get to some in a few weeks is top job. Assuming hit and run however. I don’t think this is targeted murder, but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo