Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocking detail in police update on missing mum Samantha Murphy investigation​

Paraphrased

Article suggests that Sam could still be alive as police released a statement saying

“Anyone who sights Samantha is asked to call triple-0 (000) immediately,” the statement said.
I saw this on the Daily Mail but didn't want to post it because... y'know, Daily Mail. What I wouldn't give for Sam to be alive!! Hoping & praying.

The Ballarat local is not connected to the Murphy family.

'There are no further updates at this time and the investigation remains ongoing,' Victoria Police said on Thursday.

'We understand that there is a continued high level of interest in this investigation and concern about disappearance, however it remains critical that any speculation does not impede any aspects of the investigation.

'Detectives are continuing to appeal for anyone who has CCTV or dashcam footage and is yet to speak to police to come forward.

'Anyone who sights Samantha is asked to call triple zero (000) immediately.'

Paraphrased

Article suggests that Sam could still be alive as police released a statement saying

“Anyone who sights Samantha is asked to call triple-0 (000) immediately,” the statement said.
After the Cleo Smith case anything is possible. It’s certainly a strange line to add. I read it almost like she’s just wondering around out there, which I doubt she is.

If she’s still alive she’s been kidnapped and being kept alive for whatever reason, or she’s done the bolt herself. If she’s been kidnapped, the chances that someone would ‘sight’ her without needing to is quite minimal I feel.

The 22yr old hasn’t been arrested for her murder yet, from what I can see right? So maybe she is alive? Wow, or it’s just a very poorly worded line in the statement, imagine that, geez!

Already frothing at the arrest, now there’s some ambiguous line in the police statement about SM possibly being in the position to be “sighted” just to almost send me over the edge.

Crazy stuff. IMO

Paul Denyer did a pretty good job of murdering women alone as a 21 year old.

True, But this person/s hasn't left a body or evidence

We still don't know his involvement, at this present moment no charges have been laid

And we still do not know if he acted alone

He would be waiting for legal representation

Hopefully more will come out today, I am sure Daily Mail is across it !

Paraphrased

ABC information.

After the Cleo Smith case anything is possible. It’s certainly a strange line to add. I read it almost like she’s just wondering around out there, which I doubt she is.

If she’s still alive she’s been kidnapped and being kept alive for whatever reason, or she’s done the bolt herself. If she’s been kidnapped, the chances that someone would ‘sight’ her without needing to is quite minimal I feel.

The 22yr old hasn’t been arrested for her murder yet, from what I can see right? So maybe she is alive? Wow, or it’s just a very poorly worded line in the statement, imagine that, geez!

Already frothing at the arrest, now there’s some ambiguous line in the police statement about SM possibly being in the position to be “sighted” just to almost send me over the edge.

Crazy stuff. IMO
For all we know he's an accessory after or before the fact and they're grilling him for the major perp/s and Sam's whereabouts.

Crazy stuff. IMO
Maybe she has been held somewhere & now that the police are questioning the 22 year old male , she may have a way to escape now?? Possibly in a very bad way, stumbling etc

Would be unbelievable & the best outcome.

She could have been taken away from Ballarat too.

And if that's true Jesse's works makes alot of sense....

Mum's a really strong woman, and she's far too determined to give up this fight,' Jess said.

Seeing as he was arrested yesterday, they cannot hold him without charge, I imagine that is happening today and VicPol are keeping it quiet till press release or tomorrow post process.
Source- Law Society NSW

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240307_111845_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240307_111845_Chrome.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 48
True, But this person/s hasn't left a body or evidence

We still don't know his involvement, at this present moment no charges have been laid

And we still do not know if he acted alone

He would be waiting for legal representation

Hopefully more will come out today, I am sure Daily Mail is across this !

I feel the statement “Anyone who sights Samantha is asked to call triple-0 (000) immediately” is a bit of a formality. If the person in custody is refusing to talk, not confirming or denying where SM is, how she is etc, Police can't say for certain that SM is not alive, they can just strongly suspect it. In the event that they never find a body, they can show that despite appeals there were no sightings, no proof of life.

MOO and I hope this is the breaking point of the case to bust it wide open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members