Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO - Doesn’t murder mean by definition that it’s premeditated? Perhaps the police have found that the accused has material suggesting he was going to do something like this? MOO
murder doesn't require long term planning to be murder. I think it just means you intended to kill them. Your "planning" can be all of mere seconds of thinking "I am going to kill that person" and then you do it

I was thinking potentially a connection to Samantha’s daughter - I am not sure how old she is but maybe they knew each other ?

maybe, its possible, and I'm sure all connections will be thoroughly investigated. While still inexcusable at least if there's some kind of motive like that it would feel a little less senseless, perhaps (because right now to me it feels like such an utterly pointless, senseless waste of life for both SM and the perp and their families). But just because its a country town doesn't mean they knew each other. I grew up in a town of <10k people and I didn't know everyone, even everyone my own age. Even in my very small town there were people that went to different schools and didn't move in even slightly overlapping circles.

Perhaps there is something meaningful in the age gap between Samantha and the accused? I’m guessing a similar age to the accused’s mother? This could be entirely coincidental, or not…

murder doesn't require long term planning to be murder. I think it just means you intended to kill them. Your "planning" can be all of mere seconds of thinking "I am going to kill that person" and then you do it

maybe, its possible, and I'm sure all connections will be thoroughly investigated. While still inexcusable at least if there's some kind of motive like that it would feel a little less senseless, perhaps (because right now to me it feels like such an utterly pointless, senseless waste of life for both SM and the perp and their families). But just because its a country town doesn't mean they knew each other. I grew up in a town of <10k people and I didn't know everyone, even everyone my own age. Even in my very small town there were people that went to different schools and didn't move in even slightly overlapping circles.
I believe the perp went to SPC an all boys private school .

Samantha's poor family. Not only her husband, children and sister, but her parents as well. They are in their 80's, a time of life when they should just be quietly enjoying themselves, watching their grandchildren growing up, a few little lunches and outings, gradually winding down. And now this - how dare he?

Last edited:
Comm Patton said he has no connection to the family, and none they knew of to Sam.
I know, I had read that. I’m thinking more of a possible encounter where he may have been rebuffed and had his ego dented and vengeful. I appreciate it is a stretch, but being the same age, they may have social circles that overlap.

Over the years I've taken a fair bit of notice at the way strangers suddenly thrust into the limelight behave when a disaster or crime happens.
Especially when a news crew films them and sticks a microphone in front of them.

Often they get the hint of a smile, or even a broader smile.
I don't think the smile is because the hundreds of people I've seen doing it, are responsible for the crime or disaster or feel good about what happened.
I have seen some suddenly realise they're smiling and feel bad about it and try not to do it.

Some people get a kind of embarrassed smile knowing that they're being filmed.

I've seen it so many times.

I think you never know how you'll react if you happen to be the person who is suddenly on show.

Just wanted to let you all know that I have just spent 4 days at a training course with the mum of the alleged perp. You could not meet a more friendly and down to earth person. When she told me where she was from, I actually asked her if she had a theory, and what she thought about the case. It was a very general conversation. I am devastated for Sam and her family, but also for the family of the perp. who up until yesterday had a completely normal life. I won't be commenting further on this case.
Unbelievable She must be devastated...how horrible to have a child that murders an innocent woman and yet you have no idea he was capable of such a heinous crime...you've said you won't comment further (why comment at all) what was her theory I wonder

N
Perhaps there is something meaningful in the age gap between Samantha and the accused? I’m guessing a similar age to the accused’s mother? This could be entirely coincidental, or not…
Not sure there , the accused’s dad is nine years younger than Sam and I would think the mum to be close in age to the dad .

Also, the accused has not only parents, but likely grandparents as well. His arrest may have come as even more of a shock to them than to his parents - parents tend to only tell the grandparents good things about the kids, IMO.

Unbelievable She must be devastated...how horrible to have a child that murders an innocent woman and yet you have no idea he was capable of such a heinous crime...you've said you won't comment further (why comment at all) what was her theory I wonder

From what I can tell about the family from a cursory google search including the siblings they all seem relatively normal people. Nothing stands out. Which makes the whole thing even more peculiar and perplexing.

Why and how are the two biggest questions right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave