Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not sure there , the accused’s dad is nine years younger than Sam and I would think the mum to be close in age to the dad .
So why choose Sam, of all people? As far as we are aware there is no known connection between Sam and the accused. Sam was in a different age range to the accused entirely - enough to be a generation apart? Sam was jogging, presumably minding her own business. What brought the accused to murder her?

Apparently, he lived at home with mum and dad.. he must be a master dissembler.. . he's been able to live in his community , with the parents, everyone would have been talking about Ms Murphy, everyone would have had a theory, yet he never gave away the slightest shiver of a hint. A lifetime's art of looking people in the eye and lying. A very dangerous young man.
Well, he probably won't ever need to get his own place now!

So why choose Sam, of all people? As far as we are aware there is no known connection between Sam and the accused. Sam was in a different age range to the accused entirely - enough to be a generation apart? Sam was jogging, presumably minding her own business. What brought the accused to murder her?
Why not Sam? If he had desires to attack and she was there..

The accused was interviewed over a number of hours and a number of search warrants have been executed in what police allege was a “deliberate” act by a stranger.

Police are alleging the murder occurred at Mount Clear, less than 10km from her hometown of Ballarat, on the day she disappeared

Ms Murphy’s father, John ‘Pud’ Robson, said he had no idea of the alleged links between the arrested man and his daughter.

“I haven’t got the faintest, mate. Not in that age range,” he told the Daily Mail.

“I can only hope that he is the bloke responsible because that way, we might get a bit of closure.

“You know, it’s sort of too late to think that she might still be alive.”

Last edited:
This isn't over by a long shot.

From the police press conference today.

"This investigation is far from over though.
Obviously we're going to be continuing to gather further evidence.
We'll be taking further statements.
And investigations will continue at a very heavy pace"

Is it possible he was an incompetent hit-man hired by a 3rd party?
Is it possible he will start talking soon to shave some years off his sentence?
Will be very interesting to see what develops.

edit: I found the word 'further' intriguing in regard to the statements.
"additional to what already exists or has already taken place, been done, or been accounted for.

Last edited:
I don’t want to post the link as it contains his name… but I believe he attended an all boys catholic school in Ballarat, therefore was not a classmate of Samantha’s daughter.
As someone who attended an all girls college, the girls and boy schools are often associated with brother/sister schools.

I don’t want to post the link as it contains his name… but I believe he attended an all boys catholic school in Ballarat, therefore was not a classmate of Samantha’s daughter.
He did attend SPC … but uncertain if all his secondary schooling was there .
Did note researching that schools web page this afternoon had a photo of him with teachers , but that page mysteriously disappeared shortly after , possibly in line with the courts suppression order .

I noticed that but also somewhere else in 2019, haven’t figured it out yet, has been a long day!
I found mention of him attending SPC for the years 2014 to 2016 in the SPC school newsletter. But then it states PY 2019, which could be short for Pyramid Hill school, which is well over 2 hours drive from SPC. Seems a bit of a gap in his learning. I wonder why? What did he do from 2017 to 2019?

I have changed his name to Perp
  • Great to see Old Boys SM (SPC 2014-2019) and Perp SPC 2014-16, PY2019) and current Year 11 student DP along with others, are encouraging a culture of looking after their mates in this story.

Last edited:
I've been looking at those crossroads and wondered if a speeding car was travelling towards the crossroads at the same time SM approached with earphone in her ears?
Very possible. JMO MOO
This isn't the ending I had hoped for but it is an ending of sorts and for that I am grateful.

Hopefully the no body no parole law leads to police being able to bring her home to her family
I wish we had the No Body No Parole Law in the UK.

I didn't manage to get his exact response to the family connection one written down, but when asked by someone else re a Sam connection, he said "I don't have that knowledge, I don't believe that to be the case"
Comm Patton said he has no connection to the family, and none they knew of to Sam.
Edited as I received a phone call mid typing and then tried to reply to another comment.
They do debutante balls etc with all girls schools though. I went to an all girls school. But knew a lot of SPC and Damascus students, plenty of crossover in social circles

In these country towns, the footballers are kings... everyone is their mate, they are invited everywhere, this is not some lonely , rejected, scorned shutout outcast, this is one of the blokes who walk tall in the district. They get clapped and cheered every week in the winter, and feted during the summer, he would have led a very socially integrated life. .
I wonder if he was alone when it happened? JMO

So you are thinking it was completely opportunistic?
Was thinking that. But, what throws me is how many 22 year olds are out and about at 7am on a Sunday? 7am is a very quiet part of the weekend in Victoria, especially for the younger ones. I cycle and gym at that hour, on a Sunday, very unusual to see people of that age demo out, it’s generally is older folks.

So what was a 22 year old doing up and about at 630-730am on a Sunday morning? Something doesn’t add up.

I thought I also read SM was new to running also. Not like she has been running the same route for years etc, fairly new. So stalking would seem off.

So if she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, running in the forest, my question is what on earth was he doing out there at that hour. She must have seen him doing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman