Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is this …..

And I have wondered if Sam somehow managed to record or even just voice record some parts of what happened on her watch or phone … and Police have been able to retrieve that data??

IMO

That could be it, because there is no denying the police mentioned a damage car for a reason but the wording of the charge throws me a bit.

I just think if she was hit by a car, only video/audio evidence will say its deliberate IMO (maybe tiremarks but its a stretch) Also only her body would show if she died before a car hit her or not

apologies for answering other messages on the reply to you but yeah, just some thoughts I have atm

Depends. It could be proved that the car turned back. Even reversed back after an initial hit.

For sure, i mentioned in my other comment about tire marks..i just think..more is needed, but maybe not.

EDIT: But if this was a hit...surely we'd find evidence ..as in blood...unless he cleaned it up so well, with all the police reports, that kind of evidence was never mentioned.

I'm late into the discussion, but was it possible to get a car into that area where Sam's device last tracked her? I was under the impression that it was deep in the forest far from the road, and on a walking/running trail.

Given the suspect's friends have no problem video-taping themselves committing illegal activities I'm wondering if they took photos or video-taped part of the crime and that is why the police are 1- focused on a vehicle, 2- interested in possible other individuals, 3- know this was deliberate as opposed to just an accidental hit and run.

Police narrowed their search in on Mount Clear, where they now allege Samantha Murphy was murdered. Picture: Brendan Beckett

Police narrowed their search in on Mount Clear, where they now allege Samantha Murphy was murdered

Victoria Police have Mr Stephenson’s ute as part of their investigation.

Mr Stephenson, an electrician, is the son of former Geelong and Richmond player Orren Stephenson.
*I’m still so curious what they were wanting to find. I know they were just looking for anything out of the ordinary but all photos similar to the one above a few days ago stood out to me. I haven’t seen anything like that since LE was searching the snow in Gannon Stauch’s case. I do think they have something in particular they were searching for. Something very small. I hadn’t noticed Patrick is an electrician. Again reminding me of Gannon since I think they were searching for his Nintendo switch.

VICPOL has stated clearly that Mrs Murphy is dead, a big statement, and one that is difficult to undo. Not having seen the body, nor has a doctor, nor an ambulance officer, nor a coroner, nor a serving officer of the police force seen the body, it is reasonable to assume that VICPOL have some very heavy , indisputable, unarguable evidence that confirms this statement.

It's the kind of statement that sets off a whole lot of civic faffing, property transfers, business partnership dissolved, car transfer ownership, grave purchases, registered transfers of stocks and bonds, bank accounts closed and re opened, Wills perused, articles defined, appointments cancelled, These things are hard to put into reverse if the police have made an error, so they have to be sure.

Someone saying that she is dead would not be enough, there would have to be tangible , solid evidence, like.. a film, or photographs, ... He is 22, most likely inexperienced in murdering women, perhaps not inexperienced in fantasizing,

I was impressed by the demeanor of the Police Commander, in this regard, there was no going backwards in respect of Mrs Murphy's demise, so ....
I think they know she is dead because they know something that they aren’t telling us. But what they did tell, is that there was no evidence of her being anywhere. No use of any of her devices, cards and no sign of her at all. They wouldn’t need to see her or a doctor examine her body to know that. People have been suspected likely dead, both here in Australia, as well as in the USA I know cases as well, sometimes only months since they went missing.

I'm wondering if LE got CCTV footage from homes close to the forest showing a damaged car entering or leaving the area. The footage may have been clear enough to see the number plate.
Possibly so as they are still pleading for dash-cam footage.

*eta:
Detectives from the Missing Persons unit are asking for CCTV or dashcam footage covering Ballarat East, Mount Helen and Buninyong between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, February 4, even if it doesn't feature Ms Murphy

Last edited:
Yes. I know I read yesterday they weren’t looking for anyone else connected at this point (paraphrased) but I did notice they qualified their statement. Yet, a day or so ago, they were saying different. Makes me wonder…
I don't know the laws in Austrailia, but if someone were to come forth with information only if they were granted full immunity for their role, would that be entertained/allowed by LE?

Yes, this too! Or similar.
Or he initially hit her as an accident but then maybe moved her/disposed of an injured but still alive body thereby causing her death? (Although I struggle with this - not sure putting a human “out of their misery” as one might with a wounded animal is possible without deranged/murderous intent).

If, he hit her with the car and took her away, its not technically and 'hit and run' is it? (thinking about LE statement that it wasn't and 'Hit and Run').
*Deliberate* is key here.

However, Commissioner Patton did say it will be alleged that Ms Murphy's alleged killing was a 'deliberate attack'.
*Tire tracks could have shown it was a deliberate car attack, intentionally running her over?

Last edited:
Looks like police locked in on this fellow via some phone data.
I agree.
I wonder what type of searches and photos they found on PS’sphone.
Maybe the circumstantial evidence is so great that it’s almost irrefutable (if he searched “decomposing bodies” or “how to bury a body” or anything of that nature) Also they would know if he had sadistic or assault photos/ searches - not necessarily his own- but whether or not he could be profiled by his phone searches as a psychopath.

This harkens back to the murder of Yingying Zhang to me.
A crime of opportunity for a young sicko to get his thrills.
Brendt did approach another girl before Yingying -telling her he was an undercover cop and trying to get her to enter his car. Her contact with police led them to consider the possibility of Yingying being kidnapped by someone in a black car.
Maybe PS approached someone else before Samantha?
Brendt Christensen later bragged about his deranged acts.
Makes you wonder if PS isn’t cut from the same cloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298