Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be it, because there is no denying the police mentioned a damage car for a reason but the wording of the charge throws me a bit.

I just think if she was hit by a car, only video/audio evidence will say its deliberate IMO (maybe tiremarks but its a stretch) Also only her body would show if she died before a car hit her or not

apologies for answering other messages on the reply to you but yeah, just some thoughts I have atm
And why he is unlikely to divulge where it is because may incriminate him further.

I’m wondering if he was driving between the two houses at the time, maybe had to be back at the other house to do something (work, animals, family event etc) and drove through the bush tracks to avoid the main roads, assuming he was still over the limit. I know that this isn’t uncommon where I’m from, so imagine there would be known shortcuts there as well?

If there was then a hypothetical “accident” and he did something after the fact to deliberately end her life, IMO that would satisfy the charge of murder. And while police said it wasn’t a hit run situation; that doesn’t exclude a vehicle in my mind.

IMO it could be as simple as concealing her somewhere knowing full well that it could result in death, or, if he committed another action after the initial act that he intended to cause death.

I’m wondering if he was driving between the two houses at the time, maybe had to be back at the other house to do something (work, animals, family event etc) and drove through the bush tracks to avoid the main roads, assuming he was still over the limit. I know that this isn’t uncommon where I’m from, so imagine there would be known shortcuts there as well?

If there was then a hypothetical “accident” and he did something after the fact to deliberately end her life, IMO that would satisfy the charge of murder. And while police said it wasn’t a hit run situation; that doesn’t exclude a vehicle in my mind.

IMO it could be as simple as concealing her somewhere knowing full well that it could result in death, or, if he committed another action after the initial act that he intended to cause death.
BBM
I just feel you need her body to tell you this, unless of course there is complete footage of the act

I don't understand how this attack was deliberate and targeted. Surely he knew her. But motive ?? He is middle hold so maybe middle child syndrome + drugs + mental health?
I suspect what some others here have also stated - an “opportunistic” murder. He was out at the club until 3am, then possibly after party at someone’s place (unlikely he went home to sleep and then up and out again before 8am but who knows) and drove his car into the forrest when he saw her and maybe was hot headed and did a burn out or similar near her. She might have yelled out to him or gestured to him which then caused him to become angry and run her over with intent to murder. He then panicked as he realised what he had done and what was at play for him (loss of career, reputation etc etc) and moved her body. He knew the area well so found a hiding spot that no one has discovered yet. IMO

Maybe he was even experiencing a drug induced psychosis?

We will find out more details in the coming months but I'm hoping this isn't as sinister as I initially ththought.im hoping the
I agree.
Probably explains why he's on suicide watch: The gravity of his actions, 20+ years prison, 2 families destroyed, and the life of one innocent victim!

*Deliberate* is key here.

However, Commissioner Patton did say it will be alleged that Ms Murphy's alleged killing was a 'deliberate attack'.
*Tire tracks could have shown it was a deliberate car attack, intentionally running her over?
ooh boy. sam looks a bit like this boy's mom does, no?
the police have said she wasnt hit with a car but thats about it.

Say he he has accidentally hit her with his car, but she was still alive but in a bad way and he then deliberately ended her life. ALL MOO. Would you think Police would call this a deliberate attack? Just a scenario I’m playing out in my mind, but I personally wouldn’t then call this a deliberate attack. ALL IMO
Yes 100% deliberate. It is a whole next level on those who hit and run from a seen which causes someone to die. Not offering first aid or seeking medical assistance.

I suspect what some others here have also stated - an “opportunistic” murder. He was out at the club until 3am, then possibly after party at someone’s place (unlikely he went home to sleep and then up and out again before 8am but who knows) and drove his car into the forrest when he saw her and maybe was hot headed and did a burn out or similar near her. She might have yelled out to him or gestured to him which then caused him to become angry and run her over with intent to murder. He then panicked as he realised what he had done and what was at play for him (loss of career, reputation etc etc) and moved her body. He knew the area well so found a hiding spot that no one has discovered yet. IMO

Somebody must have dobbed him in. He must have told someone, or maybe someone <modsnip> was present at the time.

The police seem to have a high level of information to go for "a deliberate attack ... murder, intent to kill".

imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.
Probably explains why he's on suicide watch: The gravity of his actions, 20+ years prison, 2 families destroyed, and the life of one innocent victim!

I'm not sure if it was as calculated and cunning as some have suggested. I feel it was an impulsive decision and he didn't think of the consequences. Devastating either way.

One important thing I just found .... Telecommunication towers are equipped with state-of-the-art surveillance technologies, such as CCTV cameras and motion sensors, allowing for remote monitoring 24/7.

Could whatever happened have been caught on CCTV from that telecomms tower on Boak Road?

One thing I notice .... Telecommunication towers are equipped with state-of-the-art surveillance technologies, such as CCTV cameras and motion sensors, allowing for remote monitoring 24/7.

Could whatever happened have been caught on CCTV from that telecomms tower on Boak Road?

Would that have taken 3-4 weeks to access the footage? Too much red tape in these instances.

I'm not sure if it was as calculated and cunning as some have suggested. I feel it was an impulsive decision and he didn't think of the consequences. Devastating either way.
That’s what I feel too. Murder is “intent to kill”, the intent could just be a few seconds of duration, does not need to be calculated. So he saw her and deliberately sped up for whatever reason, then panicked as he realised what consequences his actions would have and took the body IMO

Somebody must have dobbed him in. He must have told someone, or maybe someone <modsnip> was present at the time.

The police seem to have a high level of information to go for "a deliberate attack ... murder, intent to kill".

imo

Completely agree IMO.

<modsnip> from all the articles yesterday and today eveyone who knew of him is talking.

imo
He might have said things to others, no confessions but subtle hints that raised suspicions with another person. That person would possibly also have known that he had no alibi for the likely time of impact and that he was possibly ‘away’ without an explanation for a big part of the day thereafter. Even if he didn’t say anything to another person, being in a similar area to SM at that time, having no alibi, being ‘missing’ for a big part of the same day, dents on the car and dirt inside it might have been enough for that other person to grow more and more suspicious of him before raising these suspicions with police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member