Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think this was him alone or do you think there is someone else involved? I can see it being a lone attack if he was lying in wait, but if those partying on the Saturday night/Sunday morning are true, I can also see that a vehicle may be involved (perhaps travelling back from Ballarat). If a vehicle was involved, then I do not think he was alone in the vehicle and that is why he is not saying anything.

I wonder where his girlfriend was ?

Was she at the party ? If so, did he drop her home and then go back out ?

As this was a deliberate attack, this could have been planned for a while, and he was waiting for the right moment

knowing Samantha's regular runs

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder where his girlfriend was ?

Was she at the party ? If so, did he drop her home and then go back out ?

As this was a deliberate attack, this could have been planned for a while, and he was waiting for the right moment

knowing her regular runs
And how long was he missing from her and the house they were sitting for that Sunday morning. Once that is known, and verified, it gives the police some idea of the time he had to dispose of the body... Because he would not have taken her with him , surely? .... no....

eg. he is missing for 90 minutes...with the ute. ......give or take a few mins, that's 40 mins out, and 40 mins back, with 10 mins to pick up milk and bread, as a reason for being gone.. . so.. within a radius of ,say, 35 to 40 mins, in any direction, north south east, west.. then , calculating which roads were closed, which had roadworks being done, which had CCTV, ( the freeway running east to west does, every 1klm ) not so much the backroads, and tracks.. ( eyes starting to goggle ) what speed he can do , ( big difference on the freeway to on the backroads ) .... was he driving into the wind, or the wind behind him,....

Somewhere in that radius, logically, that's where it is. Theoretically. .. I might need more coffee.....

CSI season 2 episode 21 'Anatomy of a Lye' is what I'm thinking happened here. <modsnip: name calling not allowed> who accidentally drove into a woman on a morning run after a night of drinking and drugs who, instead of calling for paramedics, ended up deciding to either kill her himself or let her die in fear he would be arrested and his entitled life in ruins.

Agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is he the highest rank Police Officer in Victoria?
The Boss of all Victoria LE?

Well,
it means this case is investigated top notch and no help is denied, right?

Yes, he is the highest ranking officer. In charge of the Vic police force (more than 22,000 officers) since 2020.

He is certainly on top of this high profile crime. And treats the media fairly and firmly - well practised in handling all aspects.

imo

And how long was he missing from her and the house they were sitting for that Sunday morning. Once that is known, and verified, it gives the police some idea of the time he had to dispose of the body... Because he would not have taken her with him , surely? .... no....

eg. he is missing for 90 minutes...with the ute. ......give or take a few mins, that's 40 mins out, and 40 mins back, with 10 mins to pick up milk and bread, as a reason for being gone.. . so.. within a radius of ,say, 35 to 40 mins, in any direction, north south east, west.. then , calculating which roads were closed, which had roadworks being done, which had CCTV, ( the freeway running east to west does, every 1klm ) not so much the backroads, and tracks.. ( eyes starting to goggle ) what speed he can do , ( big difference on the freeway to on the backroads ) .... was he driving into the wind, or the wind behind him,....

Somewhere in that radius, logically, that's where it is. Theoretically. .. I might need more coffee.....

Yes, I need another cuppa as well !

I read in an MSM article yesterday (while the thread was closed for the night) that the investigation into the accused was kept well under wraps, even within the police force. Only a certain group were privy to what was really going on.

They were minimising leaks that might make the accused react in such a way that they couldn't arrest him.

If I find the link again, I will post it.

imo

The Police have said this was a deliberate act and my guess it was a twisted MILF fantasy in a drugged up state.

Yes, agree has to be the most likely now, sadly.

The more I think about it anything directly involving the vehicle as the “weapon” is hard to reconcile.

It’s hard to see how a murder charge could be prosecuted if initially accidental hit, even with evidence of deliberate acts causing death after the accident. The driver could argue they were in shock from the accident. I can only see a manslaughter sticking in this circumstance.

If deliberately struck with intent to kill, I think it would be almost impossible to cover up so cleanly, apologies for being graphic but there would have been too much evidence to easily hide it all. MM and police were on the case within hours, and would have found signs of the accident. Maybe they did but I think a major crime scene would have been established and we’d have seen that in the MSM.

Yes, he is the highest ranking officer. In charge of the Vic police force (more than 22,000 officers) since 2020.

He is certainly on top of this high profile crime. And treats the media fairly and firmly - well practised in handling all aspects.

imo

A true leader, a great police commissioner

If he was in a drug-induced psychosis, and was to use this in his defence, it would be very interesting when he returned to work.
If he was back to work Monday or even Tuesday, I would call drug-induced psychosis null and voidd
There is no typical time for drug induced psychosis symptoms to wear off can be hours or months. First episode drug induced psychosis tends to be a lot shorter. Not uncommon for the hallucinations and delusions to get worse during the comedown as well.

imo

Well,
if I could whisper a piece of advice:

If the perp let the phone ping in B. (golf course)
(sorry, I still don't remember the correct spelling of this place,
too difficult for a foreigner),
then...
I guess the body is concealed in opposite direction.

I think the criminal let this phone ping there,
after many hours ( Yep. 5 pm)
to leave a red herring.
Even possibly allude the victim was still alive at that time.
Or that she abandoned the family on purpose.

JMO

Can anyone tell or do we know the year, model, brand of car the accused white ute is? I’d like to know if it’s fitted with any GPS or perhaps it’s an older model.

How long would it take LE to extract GPS data from mobile and car? I feel like this could be so telling as to where Samantha might be, but if he didn’t take his phone with him when ‘disposing’ of her, and if his car is not equipped with GPS perhaps there is not GPS record.

The other thought is he’s done this during a routine electrical job (eg at a job site, in a skip bin). Being an electrician, I’d imagine he’d be doing a bit of driving around the place.

IMO

Living between two addresses gives him leeway in terms of what he tells others to account for his absences. I wonder if all the interviews add up.

Vic pol have said that they believe SM died on the 4th Feb.

They began monitoring him closely 2 weeks ago so they would know movements from that point. MOO but I assume anything that may have happened would have occurred earlier on.

Maybe the LE request for CCTV until 7pm is about this movement @Trooper - so if ping was 5pm Buningyong - and 7pm is cut off because they have something clearly placing someone back home/in Ballarat at 7pm, 2 hr roundtrip as a window. This makes several assumptions (ie ping deliberately made by same person with SM's phone/sim).

If you pinged the phone at 5pm at Buningyong - direction is the first thing.

Well,
if I could whisper a piece of advice:

If the perp let the phone ping in B. (golf course)
(sorry, I still don't remember the correct spelling of this place,
too difficult for a foreigner),
then...
I guess the body is concealed in opposite direction.

I think the criminal let this phone ping there,
after many hours ( Yep. 5 pm)
to leave a red herring.
Even possibly allude the victim was still alive at that time.
Or that she abandoned the family on purpose.

JMO

Yes, JMO but I also feel the ping was a diversion used to misdirect. I'm not sure if it then means that the phone/sim and body were/are together or that same person involved in both.

Can anyone tell or do we know the year, model, brand of car the accused white ute is? I’d like to know if it’s fitted with any GPS or perhaps it’s an older model.

How long would it take LE to extract GPS data from mobile and car? I feel like this could be so telling as to where Samantha might be, but if he didn’t take his phone with him when ‘disposing’ of her, and if his car is not equipped with GPS perhaps there is not GPS record.

The other thought is he’s done this during a routine electrical job (eg at a job site, in a skip bin). Being an electrician, I’d imagine he’d be doing a bit of driving around the place.

IMO
It looks like a Mitsubishi Triton, maybe around 5 years old. Although it could also be a Isuzu D'Max

There is no typical time for drug induced psychosis symptoms to wear off can be hours or months. First episode drug induced psychosis tends to be a lot shorter. Not uncommon for the hallucinations and delusions to get worse during the comedown as well.

Hallucinations/Delusions

Yep.
I think you are spot on!!!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics