Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect SM body has been moved to a location that has not yet been searched and will never be found without the assistance of the alleged perp. I suspect that the alleged perp. and his defence are going to use this as leverage in their case. But I cannot see how it is going to help the alleged perp.'s case when the police have the evidence to put them away f. a. v. l. t. Where are their pts's?
Why are they not pushing this in the correct direction?

BBM : But they wouldn't have had that evidence when they laid the murder charge IMO.
It has to solid gold stuff, DR. S.... VICPOL are not mucking around, here.. Someone posted that the police often downgrade charges, in this instance, I would not want to be hanging by my fingernails for a downgrade, VICPOL doesn't go for murder without a whole lot of backup, it serves no purpose, to charge high then go low. It is more likely that more charges will be laid against the suspect. Not less. 'Interfering with a corpse' comes to mind, which has obviously been done. Since her body is not where she was murdered.

Him refusing to give the location of the body gives him no leverage, and merely exacerbates his already precarious situation. VICPOL are experienced in taking a murder charge thru court, with a conviction , without the body.

What has surprised me is, he seems to have no Barrister promoting his innocence. Usually, there would be a cross looking barrister, clobbered up in court gear, outside the Supreme court , fresh from winning his latest case, to heap scorn on VICPOL, ' a bunch of charlatans, ' and defiantly announce his client will defend the outrageous claim. .. This has not happened, and this, to me , is highly unusual.

He is 22, probably has no assets, except his ute, his Legal Aid application would have nothing to do with his parents situation, or his sisters, it rests on his only, he being an adult, so that should be well and truly in the pipeline by now, all done and dusted. Legal Aid is what any citizen is entitled to, who is financially hampered by cost. Tax payer funded, and run, usually very well. A panel of legal experts examine your case, and even if it looks hopeless, you are entitled , in Victoria, to the very best legal representation. No ifs, or buts. The only difference is, if you pay yourself, you are in charge, on Legal Aid, you are not in charge, you have to be guided by the expert panel. ..... so there is that catch.

So why are we not seeing his 'barking dog' barking for him?? mystery.

The police, during this time of the media conference, were watching the accused

Interesting
If this was done when they had their eye already firmly on PS, the police conference makes a number of interesting comments
- If anyone has information on person/s or vehicle, please get in contact
- Family business is absolutely part of the investigation and a no comment on questions re bikie links
- subsequent search was to look for small items. Perhaps watch and/or phone have actually been found. There would be no reason for Police to announce any of this publicly imo

I honestly dont think the family business is part of this whatsoever. However its an interesting comment if they knew a lot more at the time of this conference than the public knew about. Is there ANY possibility this could still be linked to drugs/bikie/family business?

In any event, the watch and phone must provide a pretty compelling picture of what has happened, they would have a visual map of her exact movements right up until the watch/phone was removed. But they must have more evidence than just that to charge with murder..

I honestly dont think the family business is part of this whatsoever. However its an interesting comment if they knew a lot more at the time of this conference than the public knew about. Is there ANY possibility this could still be linked to drugs/bikie/family business?
The LE spent a lot of their time combing through MM business and there was a lot of fingerings in public. Could this come down to SM diligence in an area or avenue that may have caused rumblings? I wonder? Sometimes we have to deal with the worst scenarios in order to get to the truth.

Initial Investigative Actions:
They [
the police] must impartially follow all reasonable lines of enquiry to gather material that points both towards and away from a suspect.
Investigation process

The investigation includes ruling people out, as well as ruling people in. imo

I think the health data from Sam’s Apple Watch might be pivotal evidence in this case.
It appears that the exact time and location might have been known to police as soon as they were able to access the Watch data.
It is also possible that the nature of the attack might be represented in Sam’s movements and heart rate recorded by the Watch. Perhaps that is how it can be confidently described as a “deliberate attack”.

There was a case in the UK in 2021, where 53 year old Julia James was ambushed and murdered by 22 year old Callum Wheeler while she was out walking. Data from her Apple Watch was a key part of the investigation and prosecution.

Excellent articles, @Oona. I hope that everyone reads at least your first linked article, as it clearly shows what can be determined by an Apple watch.

The LE spent a lot of their time combing through MM business and there was a lot of fingerings in public. Could this come down to SM diligence in an area or avenue that may have caused rumblings? I wonder? Sometimes we have to deal with the worst scenarios in order to get to the truth.
The only way bikes could be involved, in my opinion, is if the accused was friends with them somehow and went to them for help to hide the body. He then might have some slight guidance, i.e. a recommendation to stay silent if arrested. He would also seriously need to be well connected to them. Perhaps was best friends with a high up bikie members son or something.

Don't get me wrong. Bikies carry out all sorts of awful crimes and hold a large majority of drug distribution turf in Australia.

I just can't see an outlaw motorcycle gang hiring some dirtbike riding electrician to carry out a hit for them over a panel beating business dispute.

What has surprised me is, he seems to have no Barrister promoting his innocence. Usually, there would be a cross looking barrister, clobbered up in court gear, outside the Supreme court , fresh from winning his latest case, to heap scorn on VICPOL, ' a bunch of charlatans, ' and defiantly announce his client will defend the outrageous claim. .. This has not happened, and this, to me , is highly unusual.

So why are we not seeing his 'barking dog' barking for him?? mystery.

My guess is that the reporters have not yet worked out who his lawyer is.

They determined the lawyers representing Borce Ristevski and Erin Patterson by following them around and seeing them going to the lawyers offices.

This accused has been locked up, so they can't follow him, and I would imagine that there are more than one or two lawyers visiting the remand centre to consult with their clients.

imo

My guess is that the reporters have not yet worked out who his lawyer is.

They determined the lawyers representing Borce Ristevski and Erin Patterson by following them around and seeing them going to the lawyers offices.

This accused has been locked up, so they can't follow him, and I would imagine that there are more than one or two lawyers visiting the remand centre to consult with their clients.

imo

Is this a secret?
I thought info concerning defence lawyer/s can be obtained by journalists via Court publications.

Just wanted to mention this case for those that are not aware of it or question if deliberately killing someone with a vehicle would/could be charged with murder.
Bourke Street murderer James Gargasoulas has been sentenced to life in prison for killing six people and injuring 27 others when he drove his car through pedestrians two years ago.

"James Gargasoulas was sentenced to six life terms for murder".
There is also this recent Victorian case, the collision occurred in September last year and resulted in a murder charge.

The man accused of driving dangerously through the Melbourne CBD in September last year, in a deadly incident in which pedestrians and motorists were struck, has pleaded not guilty and will now face a trial in the Supreme Court.

The only way bikes could be involved, in my opinion, is if the accused was friends with them somehow and went to them for help to hide the body. He then might have some slight guidance, i.e. a recommendation to stay silent if arrested. He would also seriously need to be well connected to them. Perhaps was best friends with a high up bikie members son or something.

Don't get me wrong. Bikies carry out all sorts of awful crimes and hold a large majority of drug distribution turf in Australia.

I just can't see an outlaw motorcycle gang hiring some dirtbike riding electrician to carry out a hit for them over a panel beating business dispute.

Can someone please explain where the motorbike/dirtbike/army clothes/go pro business is coming from? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but seems to keep popping up here. Is there an article link or something for this information?

Can someone please explain where the motorbike/dirtbike/army clothes/go pro business is coming from? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere else, but seems to keep popping up here. Is there an article link or something for this information?

It is coming from people's imaginations.

Other than the "army clothes" which was from a neighbour who used to see him wearing that type of thing at some earlier point in time.

imo

Has he no longer got the lawyer who filed the suppression request?

We are presuming that the initial lawyer was just an initial lawyer.
He does not seem to have the experience for a murder case (judging by his website).
His initial lawyer was touted as being one of the top three lawyers in the area for traffic violations in one article that I read.

imo

ETA some links
David Tamanika Solicitors
Best Traffic Lawyers in Ballarat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors