Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
some one upthread said that she takes her non-trained but nosy dog on some of these trails daily.
I think if there were a body in close proximity to people, some ordinary dog could have discovered it by now- makes me think if there is a location, it is remote or, there was something more disintegrative done.
but even a disintegrative act would leave a lot of dna matter at the site even just decomposing blood, and very hard to adequately dispose of

View attachment 490344View attachment 490345View attachment 490346

Here are some photos of what a typical electricans utility setup might look like. Slide back draws are very common. So there is the possibility the accused may have been able to hide a body in one, if their vehicle was used for such. A canopy on the vehicle of course, means it didn't really matter too much regardless. Perhaps just some extra confidence during the act.
This is good work What's on. Perhaps photographs of that exact ute vehicle type and also the internals and display that as you have done here.
What this does present though is an aspect of this case that needs examining and many sleuths here have already tapped into and discussed this important aspect of the case but we visually haven't had photographs to paint our scenario. If the alleged perp. vehicle was decked out: was there enough room to stuff the body in (hence the request for the internals of the vehicle proper) or are we dealing with a definite situation where the body was hidden in the bush and go away and empty the vehicle and come back and get the body and transferrace to a new location. This would tie in with the CCTV surveillance the police have (and back and forth activity supposedly) that they have acted on supposedly in their charges. I know this must sound rudimentary but once you see those back trays of the vehicle a reality hits home.

This is an important excerpt that we should note:
'The most efficient tool for victim discovery is the use of cadaver-detection dogs. These dogs are specifically trained to detect the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are released from deceased and decomposing individuals. As a deceased individual undergoes decomposition, VOCs are created through the catabolism of the major biological macromolecules (proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids).21,22,23,24,25These VOCs are constantly produced throughout all stages of decomposition22 and diffuse into the surrounding environment. The dispersal of VOCs from decomposing human remains allows for their detection by these specialized detection dogs.'
Refer the document for the cited references as they are lengthy.
 Cadaver-detection dogs should be housed in every state in Australia with immediate access to get these dogs onto the ground to do their work.
so important! and i cant find any news article where it confirms they were used here, they seemed to use all their other tech resources but not one of their most important tools! its insane!

so important! and i cant find any news article where it confirms they were used here, they seemed to use all their other tech resources but not one of their most important tools! its insane!
They have used these dogs for the SM case but the dogs haven't been readily available in every state for ease of access and to use immediately.

Yes, I think it must be a damning piece of CCTV.

I hate to keep going back to other cases (but they are good for Vicpol comparisons) .... but the police had Greg Lynn's vehicle on CCTV, and they covertly investigated him, and it still took many months (I think 20 months) before they could get enough to arrest him.

imo

I agree,Karen Ristevski was another one, scrolling through endless street camera's phone turned off at a certain location. It was about 8 months before her husband was arrested, though he was their main suspect.​

I suggest police spoke to the accused early in the investigation, perhaps following up on what may have occurred at a venue the night before, and/or as part of talking to people who may have noticed or recorded something in the forest the next day. Routine inquiries pretty much. And he told them a pack of lies, after which he became a suspect, and they went covert rather than caution him too soon. The lies would then form part of the evidence against him.

Being an Electrician and Telecommunications Technician, he had advanced skills with phones and CCTV.
Police did say someone with advanced skills attacked SM.

It is not him who is an electrician and telecomms tech. That is his father.

The accused is either a rookie electrician or an apprentice electrician - due to his age.

I'm not remembering the police say anyone with advanced skills attacked Samantha. I think that might have been one of the theories in the Under Investigation show. imo

It is not him who is an electrician and telecomms tech. That is his father.

The accused is either a rookie electrician or an apprentice electrician - due to his age.

I'm not remembering the police say anyone with advanced skills attacked Samantha. I think that might have been one of the theories in the Under Investigation show. imo
This article suggests the accused was into IT, science and robotics during school. So perhaps rookie status relates only to age but not knowledge???

Toowong - I have also wondered if LE have already found Samantha (or her phone and watch) and just waiting to see if the accused cracks.
I wonder if SM is somewhere that could cause problems for others if it becomes known? For example, if she is on the property of someone close to the accused, and the accused doesn’t want to tell where she is due to the damage or distress it’ll cause.

This article suggests the accused was into IT, science and robotics during school. So perhaps rookie status relates only to age but not knowledge???

Yes, well, he evidently did not choose to go into University to advance his knowledge.

I was just pointing out that it is not him who is a telecomms tech. Nor did the police say Sam's attacker had advanced skills.

Just want to keep the facts straight, otherwise we tend to get off kilter with people saying "I read on this thread that he was a telecomms tech". He isn't.

imo

i feel someone else IS involved. PS is so determined in his silence. I keep wondering, and have stated earlier, that that someone else just may be the weak link in time.

Given that this is what I currently believe... I truly *do* hope the someone is not family.

moo.moo.
there is just so much -too much that we don't know.
PS may have taken a photo of SM. His GF may have noticed it without PS knowing and reported it. PS may have thought he’d never be caught and is now fuming and refusing to confess.

I wonder if SM is somewhere that could cause problems for others if it becomes known? For example, if she is on the property of someone close to the accused, and the accused doesn’t want to tell where she is due to the damage or distress it’ll cause.

I think for sure Sam will be in some place with familiarity to him.

The police enacted three search warrants when they arrested the accused. I guess one would have been for his vehicle, seeing that they seized it.

imo

i was more thinking help with borrowing a car, maybe a friends old car with a boot, rather than use his ute,
but not needing help to move the body, still keeping it a one person crime?
Maybe, but why risk contaminating two vehicles with DNA when the accused's ute is a 4WD with a spacious tray and canopy? Perhaps a specific car gives access to an otherwise off limits area, a vehicle with official branded signage? It might be worth the risk in a scenario like that.

Being an Electrician and Telecommunications Technician, he had advanced skills with phones and CCTV.
Police did say someone with advanced skills attacked SM.

Yes according to this article
Quoting
“He was super into IT [Information Technology] and he was always tinkering with cars and tools and stuff - interested in mechanics and science,' the schoolmate said.”

Quoting
“He was super into IT [Information Technology] and he was always tinkering with cars and tools and stuff - interested in mechanics and science,' the schoolmate said.”

"He graduated in 2019 before picking up a trade as an electrician, like his father, who is a local electrician and Telecommunications technician."

From your linked article.

Quoting

I would take the comparison of this guy to
"next Elon Musk" with a pinch -
oh wait,
with a tonne of salt :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics