Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The CCTV captured Ms Murphy running past a Ballarat home. Picture: Supplied

The CCTV captured Ms Murphy running past a Ballarat home

Thinking foul play with this one unfortunately, either she was attacked on her run, or something happened to her when she returned home and it was more convenient to make it seem that she never returned.

An item of interest has been found in the search for missing Victoria mum Samantha Murphy. Meanwhile, a woman who was attacked while out running in the same region has also come forward.
An item of interest has been found in the search for missing Victoria mum Samantha Murphy. Meanwhile, a woman who was attacked while out running in the same region has also come forward

AAP
On Wednesday, officers found items belonging to Ms Murphy but they are not believed to be related to her whereabouts.
I think this may be an error in reporting ??? JMO

From Victorian Police News -

Items located today during the search for Samantha have been assessed and at this time are not believed to be related to her whereabouts.

Last edited:
I wonder if she kept to mainly roads or at some point Went into the bush trails in the forest? The last know footage of Samantha running is going past a boarding kennel and cattery on eureka street. It says in the article she was going towards yankee flat rd. It kinda makes sense with the last known ping around the golf club. on Google some of eureka street as well as yankee flat rd don’t seem overly wide, I know it was during the day but wouldn’t take much for a distracted driver to possibly hit her and then dispose of her. Might be clutching at straws, but seems as likely as falling into a mine shaft IMO. Added pics to show the location of the last known cctv.

Attachments

• 3F5A3FB2-E7C8-4B83-A823-86ACC2AC0DE4.jpeg
    3F5A3FB2-E7C8-4B83-A823-86ACC2AC0DE4.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 6CAAC49F-4387-4F62-8893-A56C73A4AA27.jpeg
    6CAAC49F-4387-4F62-8893-A56C73A4AA27.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 9E1B604A-3482-4B42-9516-923E8E800C75.jpeg
    9E1B604A-3482-4B42-9516-923E8E800C75.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 58
Did anyone find it odd that the Husband drove to the area in his blue ute where they had found what they thought was potential evidence today, Wednesday the 7/2, and didn't get out of the car?? And that he is not out searching for his wife??

All IMOO

Last edited:
There’s a lot of speculation about the “ping” - has anyone found anything in MSM that relates to the time of this?
This article states

On Monday, Acting Inspector Lisa MacDougall said Murphy’s mobile phone had pinged Buninyong, a town 11km from Ballarat, but “inquiries are ongoing as to whether [the phone] is still on”.

Her phone pinged just hours after she vanished and has since gone silent.

Maybe there are other articles are more specific about the time??

This article states

On Monday, Acting Inspector Lisa MacDougall said Murphy’s mobile phone had pinged Buninyong, a town 11km from Ballarat, but “inquiries are ongoing as to whether [the phone] is still on”.

I thought I’d seen it in articles but I’ve only been able to locate it on local community Facebook search pages..

Did anyone find it odd that the Husband drove to the area in his blue ute where they had found what they thought was potential evidence today, Wednesday the 7/2, and didn't get out of the car?? And that he is not out searching for his wife??

All IMOO
The 7 News Clip linked just above, states the Police asked him to attend the scene, to possibly identify the items that were found … he liaised with Police on the scene.. his Ute pulled up beside a Police car ..

Police in Aus generally prefer that NOK stay at home where they can be easily contacted if something is found … and I believe there are children to comfort in this case …

IMO

Last edited:
This article states

IMO. This is interesting. To a frequent runner, 20kms would take a little less than 2 hours. So, if this statement is correct, then her phone has pinged after a time when she would have normally returned. Hypothetically, if she had ran into trouble say at about 15km, the phone has pinged around 15 minutes after this. So why would the signal stop? In my opinion, this probably decreases the chance that she may have fallen down a mine shaft as it would have either not pinged in the first place or kept pinging, providing the battery hadn't gone flat shortly after it pinged. All my opinion only.
I could be wrong but if there were more than one ping after a time when she should have normally returned, it could be determined whether or not the phone was moving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member