Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article states

On Monday, Acting Inspector Lisa MacDougall said Murphy’s mobile phone had pinged Buninyong, a town 11km from Ballarat, but “inquiries are ongoing as to whether [the phone] is still on”.

Her phone pinged just hours after she vanished and has since gone silent.

Maybe there are other articles are more specific about the time??
IMHO police releasing bits of info at this stage to flush out more info.

Like the Mollie Tibbetts case- there was an obvious route that runners identified she was likely to take. Police walked that route and eventually found a camera on the back of a garage and used the footage to identify a person of interest.

I think that is the best course of action here as well.

I usually suspect the husbands involvement when a wife goes missing but I don't in this case for some reason.

It seems that they operate a family panel beating business and after looking at the photo of Mick in the ute next to the Police Car, I think this could be the family business? Looks like the same guy.

Last edited:
Her husband, Michael, has now revealed why he has remained mostly hidden from the public eye in the days since his wife's disappearance.

'I've been speaking with the police and I've been advised not to say anything,' Mr Murphy told the Herald Sun on Wednesday.

The panel beater said he was doing 'ok' and wasn't worried about the commentary surrounding the search because he doesn't 'even look online'.

mods please delete if not allowed.....
just searching to see if she has fb and found the ballarat community noticeboard facebook page which has a message about her missing...

MISSING since 7am yesterday (4/2)
Sam has extremely low blood pressure, her phone last pinged at the base of Mt Buninyong at 5pm last night. Please contact police if you have seen her

Just caught up on this thread - firstly thoughts go to her family I hope she’s found safely but things aren’t looking good.

Also thoughts to those on this thread who live close by I know it’s never nice to have a potential case like this so close to home

I echo what a few others have said I do not believe that her partner has any involvement in this - his answers to the media were too honest.

I love that there are several locals posting here. I hate that the community is going through this terrible scenario.
Where is Samantha?
There is also conflicting info out there. One is she ran 20km v she walked 10km.

If she left at 7am and was seen on cctv at 716am running v walking would have a big impact on the distance she could have travelled.

Also her phone pinged near scotchmans lead which is approx 20km from her home but would make for a 40km round trip.

There is also conflicting info out there. One is she ran 20km v she walked 10km.

If she left at 7am and was seen on cctv at 716am running v walking would have a big impact on the distance she could have travelled.

Also her phone pinged near scotchmans lead which is approx 20km from her home but would make for a 40km round trip.
I’m wondering if anyone can confirm if this was the actual location of her phone or just the nearest tower for her phone to ping from, so it may not be the actual location of the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches