Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vizslas evidently need vigorous daily activity, did Samantha usually take this dog with her on her runs?
This brings up an interesting point. Because if she /usually/ took a dog running with her, why didn’t she take the dog this time?
Or did she, and the dog returned home without her?
It would definitely be good to know if she usually ran alone or with the dog.

And we have our first fire evac warning of the day its about 100km north west of Ballarat but just wanted to mention it so people not from Aus understand what we're up against today.

Edited to add this is also another reason for no searching our fire are fought by volunteer firefighter the same people who were part of the official search and when we have such a high fire danger not only is to unsafe for them to be out searching they need to be on stand by ready to fight fires

Last edited:
My concern as a semi-local (within 1hr, familiar with bushfires as a lifetime country Victorian) is that a potential perpetrator could return and ignite a fire - supposing someone else was involved and has dumped her somewhere - that covers their tracks

My concern as a semi-local (within 1hr, familiar with bushfires as a lifetime country Victorian) is that a potential perpetrator could return and ignite a fire - supposing someone else was involved and has dumped her somewhere - that covers their tracks
That was my first thought too. I hope the areas of fires are searched well

The other dog ia a visla I think they said.

We have a vizsla. They are very bonded to their person in a way I’ve not seen other dog breeds. Ours is very attached to my husband. If something happened to him, she would be distraught and would definitely go off trying to track him. They’re hunter-retrieving dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste