Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the battery still had plenty of charge when it went under the water, then when it dried out a bit it still had charge and was able to resume sending out a signal.
I think it must have been something like that, otherwise they would have searched there before. Plus it was found just above the waterline. Phones are made to be super-waterproof now. Also, the latest versions have more than just cell service - there's also bluetooth that connects to other nearby devices, and uses those devices to track location on a 'find my device' app, even after a phone's been turned off.

JMO

I think it must have been something like that, otherwise they would have searched there before. Plus it was found just above the waterline. Phones are made to be super-waterproof now. Also, the latest versions have more than just cell service - there's also bluetooth that connects to other nearby devices, and uses those devices to track location on a 'find my device' app, even after a phone's been turned off.

JMO

Police contacted the farmer long before the dam's water receded.
The place was on Police's radar for quite some time.

JMO

Last edited:
IMO
The only "signal" that Police received about the phone seemed to be from an informant.

But who is this person?
It is anybody's guess ;)

JMO
Maybe they have been able to get data from PS's car or phone that may have showed that he was stopped in this location for a period of time??

Maybe they have been able to get data from PS's car or phone that may have showed that he was stopped in this location for a period of time??

True.

But then,
why can't they find Samantha the same way?
He must have stopped his car for longer time than when he just tossed the phone.

Provided that he used his car then.

I think the area of the dam was under Police's radar from the original 5 pm ping on that fateful Sunday.

Or there was a tip.

JMO

This is my thought. I also think it has taken some time to trace his movements as he was also working as an electrician, so driving and stopping a lot, until he was arrested. I think there will be more searches. The phone might have been discarded long after the body, and in different places.

Yes I posted an article months ago that showed how it was possible to retrieve certain information from a cars computer although I'm not sure how much. Add to the fact Google maps on phone or maybe an aftermarket sat nav in the car, CCTV cameras etc. and it's hard to get away from big brother...

Yes I posted an article months ago that showed how it was possible to retrieve certain information from a cars computer although I'm not sure how much. Add to the fact Google maps on phone or maybe an aftermarket sat nav in the car, CCTV cameras etc. and it's hard to get away from big brother...

IMO
I think there’s motocross tracks in fields nearby
He’s been tracked to those in the hours or days after the murder and upon questioning someone has noticed him stood near the n blackberry bush…. He ll have claimed he was picking blackberries or having a leak but nooooooo.

The body imo is nowhere near the phone or the suspected torque wrench

That’s just where he disposed of those

What an awful set of planning , located her on her run, killed her , disposed of her body and her items
It screams pre meditated and targeted to me

IMO
He’s been tracked to those in the hours or days after the murder and upon questioning someone has noticed him stood near the n blackberry bush…. He ll have claimed he was picking blackberries or having a leak but nooooooo.

What an awful set of planning , located her on her run, killed her , disposed of her body and her items
Sadly, it does, indeed. And it seems, robbery was not the motive, just killing for the heck of it. At first, it was thought that the killer needed something Samantha had, her phone, her cards, etc...but ... obviously not., just rotten all round.

Yep.

The fact
that the phone was undamaged,
tossed into a dam which turns into a puddle
and is on PRIVATE property

tells me about the state of mind of the alleged perp at that time.

Any elaborate plans of concealment of the victim seem not realistic.
Provided he was operating alone.

Unfortunately,
the terrain is extensive
and full of places where concealment seems easy for an alleged perp.

JMO
I've always thought he just got lucky. So much bushland and quiet countryside around, along with the fact it was fairly early morning on a Sunday.
Carelessly tossing an intact phone, complete with ID, into a body of water, close to a road on private property doesn't suggest to me that he is the brightest alleged killer around.
MOO

IMO it’s an adjustable spanner / wrench / shifter , you can just make out the slotted end of the worm drive .
If so it might well be not related to the perp but be possibly a farmers lost tool recognising the proximity to the water pumping station close by.

He might have got rid of the phone - while on his motocross bike and used the Ute/Work vehicle to transport the body. IMO

So maybe the bike doesn't have tracking that the ute does - so there are information gaps?? JMO

I still feel - even if he disposed of the phone/phone case some time after in a different direction to where he disposed of SM, I still think he's working within this location. MOO

Meaning it would have been easier for him to dispose of the phone. I am guessing. I am thinking that when he did it - that it was in areas he frequented. Only because if he was tracked in his ute to Albury may be that would be a red flag. IMO

But he has legitimate reason to be driving/motorcrossing around Buninyong area. MOO

I don't think the police becoming aware of the dam as an evidence dumping point was anything high tech such as the suggested car data... I read somewhere in these forums, trying to find it again now, where the owner of the property that the dam is on, found some items on the banks of the dam where the water had receded from low dam levels and notified police.

IMO

IMO - Amazing how perceptions can be so different. This screams unplanned & a frantic tossing of evidence to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli