Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems plausible looking at the photo again. You can see a hole at the top end (A) and a join lower down (B).

View attachment 506937

This second photo is literally called Water Pump Pliers
View attachment 506938
I'm puzzled by the end of the "object" which is located at the bottom of the plastic bag. It's chrome(-ish) and at right angles to the shaft of the object. That's why I wondered if it was a "junior putter". (Clearly mechanical matters are not my strong point.) :rolleyes:Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 11.19.34 am.png

I’m very interested in the allegedly tried and true police strategy of implanting their scruffiest member into remand to potentially “buddy up” with alleged offenders. What strategies do these undercover agents use? Are they vicpol or afp? Do they monitor body language as well as seeking verbal input? Perhaps crims are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but surely they would not be so stupid as to lower their inhibitions with fellow accused who could be looking for any opportunity to offer valuable info to police as a “snitch” so to speak… Or would they? :rolleyes::oops::cool:

Agree phone and body may well be in different places but for me the question still remains as to why the alleged offender did not attempt to destroy or otherwise disable the phone. To throw it into a dam in its original case with cards etc seems utterly reckless when he could easily have smashed it to smithereens first (especially if he had tools in his disposal). So I still lean towards the idea that the phone was thrown in a state of panic, most likely on the day SM was murdered. JMO
And how did he manage to hide Sam's remains so well that they haven't found it yet but make such a rookie mistake of not destroying the phone and ID better
I’m very interested in the allegedly tried and true police strategy of implanting their scruffiest member into remand to potentially “buddy up” with alleged offenders. What strategies do these undercover agents use? Are they vicpol or afp? Do they monitor body language as well as seeking verbal input? Perhaps crims are not the sharpest tools in the shed, but surely they would not be so stupid as to lower their inhibitions with fellow accused who could be looking for any opportunity to offer valuable info to police as a “snitch” so to speak… Or would they? :rolleyes::oops::cool:
Well they did get caught

And how did he manage to hide Sam's remains so well that they haven't found it yet but make such a rookie mistake of not destroying the phone and ID better
Unfortunately, many people who commit murder and hide a body successfully aren't particularly clever or someone who planned everything out perfectly. They're just lucky.

MOO

I think they might. After a long time locked up and maybe leaking instead of negociating.

Does Australia have plea deal option?

Some random possibilities (all conjecture and JMO)….

IF we assume SM was murdered at around 8am and (based on earlier reports) PS was as “busy as an ant” all day, what exactly was PS doing? I for one very much doubt PS spent the entire day disposing of the body…. It would appear most likely he dumped the phone later that afternoon and that is somehow related to the 5pm ping and helicopter searches that may have led to panicked dumping of the phone…

So what activities exactly was PS engaged in throughout the day?

I am leaving this question deliberately open (but unanswered) out of respect. However it is no doubt one police and other websleuths may be pondering…

I suspect the police may have access to images or other media collected over this period.. (or may be searching for the same) … and this may constitute other *possible* crimes….

All JMO…

If the phone was switched off would it still keep running and using the battery.
I remember an old phone of mine that I kept as a backup.

I turned it off and when I went to use it months later it still had full charge.

Though it was not a smartphone, they weren't around yet.
So perhaps smartphones don't work the same way.
Another story: phone went into fresh water, found 6 months later under water and it worked without even drying it off. "I took it home, cleaned the dirt off of it and it just turned right on, so it was pretty amazing," he said. "The battery health is still at 96%"

Also, later model iphones (and soon android) are equipped with self-powered bluetooth chips that do not run off the main battery. It's the same technology that allows tiny little airtags to be findable for months/years.

Not saying this is how the phone was detected, but I don't dismiss it as impossible.

JMO

Last edited:
Exactly. And I'm sure the police would ignore his "warnings". He sounds like he thinks he is the boss of all bosses of the police
In my experience (from an entirely unrelated field), most “experts” providing opinions to the media about “issues” supposedly in their field are as dubious as the majority of people they are commenting on… :rolleyes:

JMO (with no aspersions cast toward any individual in particular, and any resemblance to any person, alive or dead, being entirely coincidental) ;)

True.

But then,
why can't they find Samantha the same way?
He must have stopped his car for longer time than when he just tossed the phone.

Provided that he used his car then.

I think the area of the dam was under Police's radar from the original 5 pm ping on that fateful Sunday.

Or there was a tip.

JMO
Why would they wait until now to search it properly?

Last edited:
Just another random comment/thought…

The narrative that police believe PS “acted alone” continues to dominate in recent media reports…

Could this be an attempt to “flush out” other parties who may know something? Hence the new “intelligence” leading to the dam and other “targeted” searches?

Also - is it possible the dam itself may contain other additional evidence that police have deliberately “overlooked” (or seized but not revealed) - in the hope that PS may ask a “buddy” to do some retrieval work for him so to speak)….

Even a buddy potentially temporarily in remand…? :cool::oops::rolleyes:

All conjecture and JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads