Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
except, he had an attorney, but he needed a Barrister. I don't think this is a Canadian case.. I know, I know, the title says Canadian Forest, but that is the name of a forest area outside Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. Sort of like the difference between Melbourne , Florida USA and Melbourne , VIctoria, AU. But , look, it doesn't really matter, in the scale of things.. I rather liked your post, actually.
ty! I was conflicted over the geography. Lost . I really decided myself ,so I picked Canada.
I see ,Now, how that is wrong.

Didn’t someone say something about protective custody in WA?
If so, how do you get to be in PC and who do they need protection from?

Why on earth would the media follow PS' family around? They haven't allegedly committed murder.

11. Respect private grief and personal privacy.

I agree the family haven’t done anything wrong but that doesn’t stop the media trying to get any story they can

As in… perhaps the accused acted alone, but this doesn’t exclude the possibility that some other party conceived of the idea to murder….?

It may seem unlikely but it’s possible…. In line with the “patsy” theory… that Dotta’s unconscious (ingeniously) conceived as a joke… ;) :p:p

All conjecture of course… :)
Thanks for that!

Busy times for the Ballarat coppers, and for the court, both Magistrates and County, and then the Supreme Court will be prorogued in Ballarat for Lachlan Young , his next appearance is in July ( is no one chasing up his parents ? ) that would be a Summary , I think, and then onwards . Probably Rex. V Stephenson will begin after this one.

Don't know who his barrister is, either.

Lachlan is a picture of denseness , he got cross with his young girlfriend, Hannah, and decided to kill her, by beating and strangling her, then he got a bright idea (this was when Ballarat was swarming with detectives, inspectors, police dogs, police helicopters, Search and Rescue etc looking for Mrs Murphy, ) to put her body in her car, and drive it into the bush, and set it alight, and then go home and sit down and write suicide letters, etc. I kid you not. The police caught him about 8 hours into his life of a womankiller, alerted by the smoke.

So even though his crime was after Mrs Murphy's murder, his case will probably go before Stephensons, mainly because the schedule of hearings have been predicated that way.

Interesting times for Ballarat.

Thanks for that!
But the outcome is disastrous!

Who could want Samantha's DEATH??

What problems would be solved by this woman's DEATH?

With all kinds of LE descending,
Media frenzy,
and outcry and condemnation from the public!

What criminal underworld needs all these???

I don't believe in any "patsy" theory.
As I wrote it as sarcasm.

Media frenzy,

Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is likely the correct one.

Is there any evidence for him being a fall guy? If not, then it's probably a waste of brain power to continue down that rabbit hole.

In other news, the girl who was found hiding in her boyfriends wardrobe has been found dead at a golf course at the age of 40.

Former missing person Natasha Ryan found dead in Queensland​

No suspicious circumstances. The Lifeline number is on the page :(
She told New Idea magazine several years later she would never publicly reveal why she ran away.

'He was protecting me and I caused him to do it - it was my fault he did that,' she told the magazine in 2005.

'It was my decision to run away. He was doing something really lovely and protecting me and I felt like I should have been, or deserved to be, punished.'

Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is likely the correct one.

Is there any evidence for him being a fall guy? If not, then it's probably a waste of brain power to continue down that rabbit hole.

Absolutely!!!

There is only ONE suspect.

And his whole life (allegedly) led to this outcome:
MH problems, outbursts, addictions, DUI charges -

All described in MSM.

Let's not come up with elaborate theories and far fetched stories.

Reality is grim as it is.

JMO

Last edited:
I'm really surprised that someone thinking the case was in Canada hadn't come up before now.
First time I saw the thread I had to take a second look.

I'd never heard that we had a Canadian State Forest in Australia.

I'm really surprised that someone thinking the case was in Canada hadn't come up before now.
First time I saw the thread I had to take a second look.

There is a Canadian Bay, ( Mt Eliza, VIC) and Canada Bay in Sydney, probably more that I don't know about. Canada Bay was named after two rebels from the Lower Canadian Rebellion . 1838, who were naughty and were deported, I think one was French Canadian. One was Irish, naturally.

Media frenzy,

Not necessarily the underworld ….. but I get your point

But wasn't the name changed some time ago?

"The Canadian Regional Park will be given the new name of

Woowookarung Regional Park,

to acknowledge the deep engagement of the Wadawurrung people with the park and local area.

Woowookarung means
‘Place of Plenty’
which highlights its importance to Wadawurrung for food, shelter, medicine and culture.

The consultation showed strong support for the new name,
with many respondents adding additional comments expressing their deep desire for a name
which acknowledges its location in Wadawurrung Country."

Last edited:
What's the snorkel for?? Can they really drive it underwater with those?
You can drive through water of a certain depth, but go too deep, and you'll still be in trouble. It's to supply air to the engine from above if you're, say, fording a creek, and there's water below.

Source: from about the age of eleven, we had a 4x4 Hilux with a snorkel. It only got sent to the wreckers a couple of years ago when my brother, who was trying to restore it, discovered it had rust to the chassis too advanced to do anything about.

MOO

Media frenzy,

“Thou doth protest too much methinks”. :p ;)

- William Shakespeare -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members