Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • On another note entirely - to *all* the lovely WS participants who valiantly tried to train this old dog how to 'add double quotes' - thank you so very much - but - I'm done - some things cannot be learnt - my brain & my fingers do not talk to each other for DQs ;)o_O;)

All you can do is
"Keep trying".

Maybe one day
you will surprise yourself!! :D

I’ve tried to keep up with the thread and am not sure if this has been discussed BUT does anyone else think finding the phone was a police strategy? In that the police possibly have had it for a while and planted it in the dam and then invited the media to capture the moment?

I still have a feeling (MOO) that someone else was involved in helping PS after the murder…maybe finding the phone was a way to draw out the person who helped?

MOO
What's interesting is that they have continued to search, and allowed the public to know in advance and to see them continuing to search and without keeping the phone secret, they could have. It seems a very tactical decision to go public with the finding of the phone, jumping around, hugging, high fiving etc in front of the media etc and for this to get out there

It is still possible for the PS Summary date hearing to be changed, Lachlan Young, who's Summary was scheduled for July 23rd has had his changed now to September. Lachlan, you may remember, decided to murder his girlfriend, Hannah MacGuire right when Ballarat was teeming with detectives, SES, police, army searchers, people out watching, this did not affect Lachlan's murderous impulses at all. His hearing was scheduled before PS, even though his crime took place after PS, mainly because Lachlan went along with a court appointed barrister early.

Lachlan has a matter that probably will be attended to before his Summary, and that is a burglary committed by Lachlan and his father, yes you read that correctly, apparently Young Snr and Jnr went on a little robbery spree around Ballarat, but Dad is not involved in the murder, as far as is known currently. Lachlan's stuff is now to take place in September 12th..

So just a heads up that PS stuff could be moved on to a later date.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back