Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The police might have found the phone earlier in a search, we don't know, but just another possibility.
They have been very quiet in the beginning and no photos of similar items to help the public locate, If they have been found in the forest
Samantha's phone, what type, what colour phone case, what type and colour running shoes she was wearing, what type of smartwatch, ear pods she had, was she wearing a cap etc...

We’re on the same page. What I said was, “They arrested him (one day) and then charged him the next day”.
PS was arrested, search warrant kicked in (and car siezed), and day after that charged with murder. Something like 30 hours-ish between arrest and charge. What was found to strengthen the charge?
Maybe Vicpol already had enough to make a murder charge. Maybe they just held him for the maximum allowable time. If they got the car while he was being interviewed, any blood would need to be tested. Maybe they got that fast-tracked. I think they had enough for a murder charge, the car might have been the icing on the cake.
I eagerly await the trial.

Maybe Vicpol already had enough to make a murder charge. Maybe they just held him for the maximum allowable time. If they got the car while he was being interviewed, any blood would need to be tested. Maybe they got that fast-tracked. I think they had enough for a murder charge, the car might have been the icing on the cake.
Yes. If they had enough to charge him, yet they still would have pressed for a confession or partial confession. Once he's charged, police bargaining and bluffing position weakens.

He was under surveillance for two weeks, there would have been extensive CCTV footage during that time.
Phone intel, surveillance carried out etc.. His phone taken and examined, witnesses etc

He was then taken into custody and charged with Samantha's murder
During that time all the home searches, the vehicle forensically examined etc
I think during those two weeks, whatever they have seen indicated Samantha was deceased, maybe they observed the accused get rid of the murder weapon

Last edited:
The police might have found the phone earlier in a search, we don't know, but just another possibility.
They have been very quiet in the beginning and no photos of similar items to help the public locate, If they have been found in the forest
Samantha's phone, what type, what colour phone case, what type and colour running shoes she was wearing, what type of smartwatch, ear pods she had, was she wearing a cap etc...
Oh I understand now! Sorry. Good point about not mentioning similar items. Then again, perhaps they already found those items just not Samantha

apologies if I’m being dense but if she didn’t have the phone with her then how did it get in the dam (or away from her house)?
Don’t think you’re being dense… there are so many questions & you raise the $99 ones IMO,
How did the phone get in the dam / who put the phone in the dam. …. because the sudden finding of it seemed soooo staged to me.

We’re on the same page. What I said was, “They arrested him (one day) and then charged him the next day”.
PS was arrested, search warrant kicked in (and car siezed), and day after that charged with murder. Something like 30 hours-ish between arrest and charge. What was found to strengthen the charge?
My apologies Rocket 333 - I misread your comments. We’re certainly on the same page with that - and also with your question re ‘what was found’.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC
Back